Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - PSV Eindhoven V Manchester United Match Thread

• 14-09-2015 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

362301.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Should be an easy enough, run of the mill victory for United really.

2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

6-0 Utd guaranteed. Memphis hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Should be an easy enough, run of the mill victory for United really.

2-0.

Nothing is run of the mill for United lately!

Trilla wrote: »
    Nothing is run of the mill for United lately!

Saturday was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very happy to see us back in it.

Also very glad we aren't one of those teams that only manage to qualify once in a while, dunno if I could handle not being in it for more than one season.

United win, I'd love to see Martial get a decent number of minutes too.

• Advertisement

• Expecting a comfortable win, hoping Depay gets on the scoresheet

I think the hardest thing for me is the fact that I'm going to miss out on all those episodes of EastEnders / Corrie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I see PSV as an easier game than Southampton.

Lucky draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Expecting a comfortable win, hoping Depay gets on the scoresheet

I think the hardest thing for me is the fact that I'm going to miss out on all those episodes of EastEnders / Corrie

Im pretty sure there is a thread where you could ask for that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Expecting a comfortable win, hoping Depay gets on the scoresheet

Do you not have any of the fans of the other team you could ask to keep you informed ? They arent doing anything until thursday night?

Ill go with a good 2_0 away win for united. Bastian to get his first goal and mata to score a sublime chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A step up in quality from previous opponents, from Europa league quality to champions league quality.

I'd be happy with a draw

• Advertisement

Would I to see us kick off with 3 points.

I get the feeling we will be defending for most of this game looking for the Counter attack

Saturday was.

We were average at best second half and poor\slow first half against a poor side who's out of form and quite frankly a right mess. We nearly gave them hope towards the end and they had 2 good chances (Ings and Ibe)

Would you fancy Swansea to beat PSV by any chance? Trying to gauge your expectations of the dutch side.

1-1, 0-1 or 1-2 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Can't even describe how happy I am to see a United Champions League thread on here again! Give me Champions League any day over the World Cup or the European Championships, I absolutely love it!

We were average at best second half and poor\slow first half against a poor side who's out of form and quite frankly a right mess. We nearly gave them hope towards the end and they had 2 good chances (Ings and Ibe)

Would you fancy Swansea to beat PSV by any chance? Trying to gauge your expectations of the dutch side.

1-1, 0-1 or 1-2 for me

ffs, it was a joke.

ffs, it was a joke.

"ffs"? really warranted one of those? lol ok :)

great joke btw, had me in stitches!

Out of curiosity would you fancy Swansea to beat PSV?

Yes, I would.

As for the joke, me aul pal Lloyd seems to have appreciated it, that's enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Only took 4 posts before somebody mentioned Saturdays game, great work lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I posted this already in the main thread the day United qualified but I think it's needed again to lighten the mood on here;

Excited for tonight as nobody including Van Gaal has any idea if we are even good enough for Champions league football

603.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

lampshade up front again?

• Advertisement

syngindub wrote: »
    lampshade up front again?

Unless he goes with Memphis #9 and Young out wide left.

There's no way Martial should be near the starting XI, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know if TV3 are showing this tonight? Hope Wilson or Martial get game time here, no excuses not to use them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Expecting a score draw here, PSV are pretty good, especially at home. I like the optimism of people expecting an easy United win but i think you'll be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Only took 4 posts before somebody mentioned Saturdays game, great work lads.

Only took 18 posts for someone to mention mentioning it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone know if TV3 are showing this tonight? Hope Wilson or Martial get game time here, no excuses not to use them!

Yes live on TV3

There's no way Martial should be near the starting XI, that's for sure.

Why?

Why?

Sounded like a cool thing to say id assume,

Id love to see martial start i dont ont see any reason why they should hold him back against team he should do well against.

Its not like has only played a few games or anything, get him in be fukt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Martial law continues

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Expecting a score draw here, PSV are pretty good, especially at home. I like the optimism of people expecting an easy United win but i think you'll be disappointed.

United tend to do well when teams try and play us, rather than park the bus (see our record last season against top teams vs against lower teams). Am hoping that PSV, at home, in the CL, will be trying to play against us, so would expect United to be able to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That's the most attacking team we've put out in years as far as I remember

Now watch them be dull as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Excited about that line up. Hopefully put in a good performance and get the 3 points.

MAta threw the middle by looks of it is it??

I think it's going to be Young and Mata wide

.Schweiny Ander.
    Mata Depay Young
    .........Martial.......

I could be wrong, I hope so anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice team!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Excited to see Martial start

Seems I am wrong, time for Mata to make the 10 position his

• Delighted, the time is now Mata

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Plenty of pace with the front triangle of Mephis, Martial and Young. Hoping Mata at #10, and Herrera and Schwi has fun pinging balls to them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

And some people wonder why others hate Irish "united fans". Their ignorance and disrespect towards PSV on this thread is staggering. After reading this thread I hope they absolutely bury United to shut up half the clowns on here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

And some people wonder why others hate Irish "united fans". Their ignorance and disrespect towards PSV on this thread is staggering. After reading this thread I hope they absolutely bury United to shut up half the clowns on here

Lol meltdown

:pac:

dude.

• And some people wonder why others hate Irish "united fans". Their ignorance and disrespect towards PSV on this thread is staggering. After reading this thread I hope they absolutely bury United to shut up half the clowns on here

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

You alright there? too many pints already? :pac:

• This is on BT2....

Any other channels? I really don't want to have to listen to owen

Somehow, I reckon this was your hope before reading the thread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

This is on BT2....

Any other channels? I really don't want to have to listen to owen

tv3 souness and arry are on

Quoting you because everyone else is

• When did Gary Lineker sign up for BT???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement