Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - PSV Eindhoven V Manchester United Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Some one has too much sand in vagina.

Time to abort the thread..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

First page. Deluded Irish United fans that don't believe football exists outside the bubble of the premiership and think it's the bestest bestest league in the world.

Wow, you watch football outside of the Premier League. Aren't you brilliant?

I'm not a Manchester United fan but I thought a win would have been a formality against a PSV side who has had some of its best players leave.

Manchester United played well in large parts of the game but that Shaw injury will have had a serious impact on the team's mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

First page. Deluded Irish United fans that don't believe football exists outside the bubble of the premiership and think it's the bestest bestest league in the world.

This is weird. United are objectively a better team than PSV.

I'd understand your anger if they were dismissing a Dortmund or an Atletico, but anyway, you seem to have a weird hatred thing going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wow, you watch football outside of the Premier League. Aren't you brilliant?

I'm not a Manchester United fan but I thought a win would have been a formality against a PSV side who has had some of its best players leave.

Manchester United played well in large parts of the game but that Shaw injury will have had a serious impact on the team's mentality.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Best attacking performance of the year. Memphis and Martial developing an understanding already. The OTT reactions are bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

https://twitter.com/Turtyforreal

I hope all of his 6 followers got a good laugh from the latest tweet.

do people watch boardsies on twitter?

Bloody hell lads. Time to get new hobbies, boards is enough! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rarnes1 wrote: »
    do people watch boardsies on twitter?

Bloody hell lads. Time to get new hobbies, boards is enough! :pac:
    Very sad and pathetic

ricero wrote: »
    Very sad and pathetic
    Funny that, that's what I said when I read the tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lol

Sad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, discuss the match or I can close the topic.

Drop discussions about other posters, and drop the "real fans" nonsense as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,636 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought MU might get a draw in the end, shame on Shaw's injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It looked to me like the players did'nt care , especially in the last quarter .

potshots and sloppy possession - They did'nt deserve anything out of the game .
    Schweinsteiger the only player with vision .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Also hope Moreno's ok after being involved in that tackle. Sometimes being involved in a bad tackle like that can have a negative psychological effect on a player.

Disgusting. This post wasn't far off

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93648378&postcount=781

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did not see the game but hope Shaw gets over that injury no player needs that kind of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not saying it's anything like what Shaw is going through but it must be a horrible feeling breaking someone's leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

I tell you what it aint the performance or result..The UTD team, not one player went to the away end after the game..NOT ONE!! Total disrespect and lack of interest maybe as someone said earlier. Not caring about the game/tie is one thing but for not one player to go to the away end is shocking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I tell you what it aint the performance or result..The UTD team, not one player went to the away end after the game..NOT ONE!! Total disrespect and lack of interest maybe as someone said earlier. Not caring about the game/tie is one thing but for not one player to go to the away end is shocking...

No way. Where you at it? That's poor if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

No its definitely the result and leg break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No other contribution to add but **** the result Shaw injury shocking the poor guy.

Also lowest of the low mocking shows injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Extremely embarrassing for united and lvg, how much has he spent and there's no difference between this season or last. Nobody fears lvg and he's a bit of a laughing stock, I hope united keep him forever.

Also horrible injury for Shaw, hope he recovers fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Extremely embarrassing for united and lvg, how much has he spent and there's no difference between this season or last. Nobody fears lvg and he's a bit of a laughing stock, I hope united keep him forever.

Also horrible injury for Shaw, hope he recovers fully.

After saying all that do you still concede that United will most likely go further than Arsenal in the champions league :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

After saying all that do you still concede that United will most likely go further than Arsenal in the champions league :pac:

United will be lucky to get out of their group and when have I ever conceded united will go further than arsenal in the champions league?
    How has arsenal even been brought up?

Simple fact is LVG is not right for the job and only the deluded would argue otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Regardless of club loyalties, making trite "jokes" about a young kid who has just suffered a horrific injury only serves to highlight how classless and pathetic some folks are.
    All in some lame attempt to get his posts thanked.
    Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What kind of fúcking asshole makes jokes about a kid breaking his leg?

What kind of fúcking asshole makes jokes about a kid breaking his leg?

Replace kid breaking a leg with chanting about deaths etc.

Horrible to see anyone get a bad break tbh regardless of club.

I certainly think stalking people on Twitter is incredibly strange. I thought it was frowned upon from the higher ups posting tweets from boards users. Could set a dangerous president. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Thought United might sneak a win but PSV avoided the upset. Scoreline probably flattered United in the end.

Good to see Darmain being at fault for the winner given that he should have given away a penalty beforehand. Would also be pissed off at Depay if I was a United fan, 2 chances to put the ball in the box with everyone forward during injury time and attempts a shot both times.

Also hope Moreno's ok after being involved in that tackle. Sometimes being involved in a bad tackle like that can have a negative psychological effect on a player.

Not sure if anyone on this forum was chanting about deaths?

A user of this forum was demonstrably having a laugh about a kid breaking his leg in pretty horiffic circumstances, but you go on and handwave it away with whataboutery, good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

A user of this forum was demonstrably having a laugh about a kid breaking his leg in pretty horiffic circumstances, but you go on and handwave it away with whataboutery, good lad.

Yo. It's best to ignore him (and the other lad) in my opinion, you're only prolonging the bullshít and I'd guess that most people don't want to read it. Silly carry on!

United will qualify out of that group anyways. The massive disappointment last night was the injury :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I certainly think stalking people on Twitter is incredibly strange. I thought it was frowned upon from the higher ups posting tweets from boards users. Could set a dangerous president. Could be wrong.

The fact people like you excuse the shít he posts means that he can stay on this forum. You bringing up death chants at every opportunity is Maud Flanders-esque too and another pathetic attempt to take attention off him. If someone made a death chant style comment on this forum they would be banned.

I'm aware he didn't post it here btw.

• Advertisement

I was making a separate point about posting twitter stuff being posted on boards.

Already made my point on Shaw.

No need to be condescending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hardly stalking when there is a link to his Twitter account in his sig tbf.

It also highlights shocking inconsistency in application of the charter.

People get carded for silly things like saying Manure or Chelski but posts that are solely designed to cause annoyance / get a rise from opposition fans are seemingly ok.

Makes sense.

Liam O wrote: »
    The fact people like you excuse the shít he posts means that he can stay on this forum. You bringing up death chants at every opportunity is Maud Flanders-esque too and another pathetic attempt to take attention off him. If someone made a death chant style comment on this forum they would be banned.

I'm aware he didn't post it here btw.

I'm not excusing anything he said so stop making stuff up.

I don't even know the poster you're talking about so again stop making stuff up. I'm not involved in cliques in here, they are pretty sad let's face it

People get carded for silly things like saying Manure or Chelski but posts that are solely designed to cause annoyance / get a rise from opposition fans are seemingly ok.

Makes sense.

That's one for the mods surely. Plenty that have their arms in the air over this rise people too over the years. There's a contradiction there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm not excusing anything he said so stop making stuff up.

I don't even know the poster you're talking about so again stop making stuff up. I'm not involved in cliques in here, they are pretty sad let's face it

You don't know who is being discussed? Riiiiight.

Why did you bring up death chants?

Stalking? Get off the fcuking stage!

As was said, there's a link in his sig. He seems to be immune from punishment on this forum, disgusting comment on Shaw's injury.

Makes sense.

I've previously reported his deliberately inflammatory posts and it's the best thing to do for him as it will hopefully remove his ability to make such attention seeking contributions to the forum, which he really should have grown out of considering he's a grown man.
    I'd urge you and anyone who feels the same to report him to the mods and let them take action in line with the charter

Liam O wrote: »
    Why did you bring up death chants?

It's called "whataboutery". Or The Fallacy of Relative Privation to give it it's techincal term.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_relative_privation

"But, but, death chants"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I thought most have stopped taking his sad posts seriously, the fact that somebody is actually discussing him is probably the highlight of his day so I wouldn't bother lads.

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »
    Stalking? Get off the fcuking stage!

As was said, there's a link in his sig. He seems to be immune from punishment on this forum, disgusting comment on Shaw's injury.

Fair enough Nib. Post twitter links from posters. I just didn't think it was allowed across the site. That's all.

Can't comment on modding decisions. I doubt anyone is getting preferential treatment as you make out though

I just didn't think it was allowed across the site.

What makes you say that?

Weird.

What makes you say that?

Weird.

Pretty sure it was brought up in feedback before. Privacy thing I'd imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Disappointing that this stuff is still happening in the soccer forum.

Pretty sure it was brought up in feedback before. Privacy thing I'd imagine?

I was told myself, in no uncertain terms by a staff member, that if a user links their other social media in their sig or profile then they can't complain if people use the information therein here on Boards.

It was when a previous link in my sig pointed to my blog with my real life name in it, and people on Boards started using my real name in Boards posts.

So no, using information from people's twitter, facebook etc is kosher, if they've linked it themselves.

That user has openly directed people to his twitter in his sig.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I thought most have stopped taking his sad posts seriously, the fact that somebody is actually discussing him is probably the highlight of his day so I wouldn't bother lads.

Obviously he gets some form of satisfaction out of posting in such a manner but he should be subject to the rules of the forum like everyone else. The Ignore function is one thing but three mods might not be aware of his continued inflammatory posts so reporting the posts should result in a more satisfactory resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That's one for the mods surely. Plenty that have their arms in the air over this rise people too over the years. There's a contradiction there too.

The post has been reported, last night by myself and by at least one more, more than that Im sure.

There is no issue with rival fans slagging eachother over a loss, or say super-rush's post in the weekend match thread, thats part and parcel of football and will always happen and in the main is just a bit of craic/"banter". What is been discussed though is something alot more spiteful, its the lowest form of trolling and making light of a rivals player getting what could be a career threatening injury for no other reason than to annoy people is nearly as poor form as anything that could be said.

Anyway, as you said, its something for the mods to chew on so I will leave it there.

I was told myself, in no uncertain terms by a staff member, that if a user links their other social media in their sig or profile then they can't complain if people use the information therein here on Boards.

It was when a previous link in my sig pointed to my blog with my real life name in it, and people on Boards started using my real name in Boards posts.

So no, using information from people's twitter, facebook etc is kosher, if they've linked it themselves.

That user has openly directed people to his twitter in his sig.

Fair enough. So we can quote and link boards members tweets once they have a link in their sig.

Mods might clarify this for forum members. Probably wasn't well known.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Post has been dealt with, we'll be looking it a few posts in this thread and more cards may be handed out.

Locked for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement