Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - PSV Eindhoven V Manchester United Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

niallo27 wrote: »
    Your letting your anger cloud your judgement and I don't blame you really but it wasn't that bad of a tackle and never a red card.

It was a rash and dangerous tackle. It's a booking and I don't think if a red came out he would complain. Horrible challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Sand wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything to make it clear that its a malicious or dangerous tackle. Its a tackle with a terrible outcome, but it wasn't the player scything him down with a two footed horror show.

That's exactly what did happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ads are longer than the analysis on tv3

In that half, they said that Schweinsteiger played for the stamp on his foot earlier and that contact was minimal. They were still unsure of what exactly had happened to Luke Shaw 20 mins after we had all seen pictures of his leg at a right angle and him being carted off taking oxygen.

You're not missing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I haven't seen anything to make it clear that its a malicious or dangerous tackle. Its a tackle with a terrible outcome, but it wasn't the player scything him down with a two footed horror show.

None of the United players confronted Moreno which you would normally see if players thought one of their own had been chopped down.

If you want to start handing out cards for tackles, Young would probably be off for going through the back of the PSV player on minute 41. He didn't break his mans leg but he went through the back of him with no chance of getting the ball.

BT went to the rule book. and it says a player must show regard for the safety of other players. Moreno was not in control of his tackle and should have got a yellow at the very least, and a penalty for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Have to agree with Sand here. I didn't see any malice in that challenge.

It's a contact sport and unfortunately these things happen.

I play GAA and have seen my fair share of broken legs, the last one was splinted by an umpires flag until an ambulance arrived 30 minutes later. Shaw is in good hands, he's 20, time is on his side, he'll be fine, he won't die

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

So does Depay though, and Depay is better than Young at scoring cutting in from the left

I know. Im saying the reason young is playing **** is that hes on the wrong wing.

If Young was playing **** on the left wing then i would agree he is having a **** night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Dimithy wrote: »
    That's exactly what did happen?

From what I saw, what happened was half of Shaws right leg was pinned behind Moreno trailing leg whilst the rest of him went soaring over Moreno himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

None of the United players confronted Moreno which you would normally see if players thought one of their own had been chopped down.

If you want to start handing out cards for tackles, Young would probably be off for going through the back of the PSV player on minute 41. He didn't break his mans leg but he went through the back of him with no chance of getting the ball.

You need to have a read of the laws. I do not mean that in a condescending way, although that is how it comes across. It would help you to understand why Young's tackle should have been a yellow and Moreno's a red. Two-footed tackle is also not a thing in the laws. It is to do with recklessness, out of control and even has provisions for injury caused.

Not so sure it was a red on Shaw. Eyes on the ball, was very unlucky. Both players going at serious speed too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

The tackle was clumsy and desperate to say the least. Doesn't look like he was in full control either. Seemed to come over the top of the ball too. Certainly wouldn't describe it as well timed or well executed. If it wasn't a last ditch tackle Moreno probably gets penalised at the very least.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    BT went to the rule book. and it says a player must show regard for the safety of other players. Moreno was not in control of his tackle and should have got a yellow at the very least, and a penalty for United.

Yeah, but back in 2013 United fans were outraged that Nani was sent off for a chest high kick into a Real Madrid player. No one was interested in the "show regard for the safety of other players" rule then. Indeed, for a long time no one could understand why Nani was sent off at all. Keane was hugely criticised for saying it was Nanis own fault.

I am happy to review my opinion if I see a replay that shows Moreno chopping Shaw down, but from what I've seen he was well within his right to try tackle an opposing player charging into his penalty area. Unless we want to see the ref lining up in a United jersey then I've no huge complaints. Gutted for Shaw, but I don't want to see a game where tackles are outlawed.

Liam O wrote: »
    Not particularly...

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nib wrote: »
    Have to agree with Sand here. I didn't see any malice in that challenge.

It's a contact sport and unfortunately these things happen.

I play GAA and have seen my fair share of broken legs, the last one was splinted by an umpires flag until an ambulance arrived 30 minutes later. Shaw is in good hands, he's 20, time is on his side, he'll be fine, he won't die
    #prayforluke??
    Not by any means a united fan but that was a terrible tackle. Outcome made it particularly bad but he was out of control and hit Shaw on his standing leg from what I could see. Stupid TV 3 comments through the 1st half complementing ref on letting game flow.....ffs.
    Shaw will recover, there are worse things than a clean leg break. A bad ACL injury or ankle ligament injury would probably have a worse outcome long term.

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not so sure it was a red on Shaw. Eyes on the ball, was very unlucky. Both players going at serious speed too

Eye on the ball whatever

He was coming in at full speed diving in with a trailing leg its wreckless simple as

Card and a penalty, rules are rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

M & M looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Polo_Mint wrote: »

I presume he has someone running his Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Peno ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    What do you mean?

He does exactly the same on both sides, beats a player or two and crosses to nobody.

Fully aware he'll probably get an assist now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Yeah, but back in 2013 United fans were outraged that Nani was sent off for a chest high kick into a Real Madrid player. No one was interested in the "show regard for the safety of other players" rule then. Indeed, for a long time no one could understand why Nani was sent off at all. Keane was hugely criticised for saying it was Nanis own fault.

I am happy to review my opinion if I see a replay that shows Moreno chopping Shaw down, but from what I've seen he was well within his right to try tackle an opposing player charging into his penalty area. Unless we want to see the ref lining up in a United jersey then I've no huge complaints. Gutted for Shaw, but I don't want to see a game where tackles are outlawed.

Nani didn't tackle the Madrid player though. He simply tried to control the ball, as any player would. Arbeloa I think it was just ran into him. Yes, probably a foul for a high leg, but a straight red was ridiculous. What really annoyed me though was in the first half Casillas tried to punch clear a United cross, missed, and ended up clocking Vidic instead. If what Nani did was considered dangerous and worthy of a red than Casillias definitely should have walked first. Keepers get away with murder though.

• Advertisement

Fair enough with first point.

No one wants tackle outlawed, but Morena was not in control of his tackle, that is where the problem lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

oh!!

Great goal, mistake by Darmian.

• That's a good goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Fuck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's twice Darmien has been caught out

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

United look really poor in defence tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Goal outta the blue.
    Great counter attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Shocking defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bolløcks.... should never be loosing this game

Great cross for that PSV goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

RB at fault for both goals

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lovely goal

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Too easy

Utd are terrible at the back.

You need to have a read of the laws. I do not mean that in a condescending way, although that is how it comes across. It would help you to understand why Young's tackle should have been a yellow and Moreno's a red. Two-footed tackle is also not a thing in the laws. It is to do with recklessness, out of control and even has provisions for injury caused.

I did judge Youngs tackle by the interpretation of the laws you want to bring. I take your point on the laws, but you have to acknowledge the laws are applied by the refs interpretation of the situation and the circumstances.

I get you're furious about the tackle - but the ref, and all the players on the pitch didn't think it was a dangerous or reckless tackle. None of the united players remonstrated with Moreno, and none of them went to the ref looking for a card or a penalty, and the ref himself wasn't interested. Maybe another ref would have been but games would have a half dozen penalties each.

Nice goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Super goal

Awful from Rojo, he didn't even know he was behind him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Ah the handy 3-0 United win everyone was talking about on the first few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Supergoal

I've been impressed by lestienne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Good goal, two chances two chances. Where as we have failed to convert

Martial has been excellent with his back too goal

Moreno gets a belated yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

United totally dominating very unlucky to be losing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Martial is going to be a superstar

• He should be off the pitch now

More goals in this. Can't see PSV finishing with 11 players either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Moreno is some man for bad tackles.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mata you plonker

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement