Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text alerts

Options
  • 14-09-2015 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC 10/70 with GSM modem that texts me if the alarm goes off. I can also set / unset , turn lights on / off etc. My question is how do I activate the feature that will text me when the alarm is set / unset by someone using the keypad in the house. I will be working away from home for a while and I have builders coming in so I want to make sure they are setting the alarm when they leave etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Comms Menu > SMS Menu > Phone Menu > Phone Options > USER(person to receive the text message(you)) > Report Arm "Yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks John. Can I add a second mobile number to get the same alert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Yes, you can have up to 5 numbers. They can be added here.

Comms Menu > SMS Menu > Phone Menu > Phone Number :

P01
    P02
    P03
    P04
    P05

Then check
    Comms Menu > SMS Menu > Phone Menu > Phone Options >
    To setup the options for each number added.

Your own number is probably "P01", So check which options are enabled on "P01". Then you can setup the added nimbers with the same options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Many thanks John much appreciated

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just be aware that if there are a lot of comings and goings over the day, and alerts are going to two numbers, you may use quite a bit of credit over course of a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement