Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New OnePlus phone coming before christmas

• 14-09-2015 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

To be honest, I wasn't blown away by the OnePlus two and I decided to give it a miss. I didn't believe it to be much better than the OnePlus one.

But I saw this article. An interview with founder Carl pei

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/carl-pei-oneplus-2015-plans/

In it he states
    “there’s going to be a second phone this year, before the end of the year. Hopefully for Christmas,”

The article goes onto say
    “It may or may not be [higher spec’d than the OnePlus 2],” he said. “When I saw the prototype for that phone I was like ‘holy s— that’s going to be my daily driver,’ but then when the OnePlus 2 production version came out it’s also super nice, so its really hard to decide now what to use.”

Here's hoping this might be higher speced.

With android marshmallow, support for USB3.1 and snapdragon 820 to come soon, you never know!

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

I reckon they can design the most beautiful and high specced phones. But it's all pointless when dealing with them is such a depressing experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

emo72 wrote: »
    I reckon they can design the most beautiful and high specced phones. But it's all pointless when dealing with them is such a depressing experience.

Yep that's the problem.

Between the poor customer service and the invite system they're putting people off buying their products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if they could ship the 1+2 I might be interested, the fact that they cant is showing that the issues for the first one were not a fluke :(
    Don't be surprised if they do eventually start selling it next September after the December release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Isn't the OP Two the 2016 flagship killer?... or door stopper ... I can't remember :rolleyes:

One Plus totally destroyed the momentum and interest they built after the success of the One. I don't understand how they got it so wrong with the Two. An absolutely ridiculous invite system.

Obviously that is just my opinion (and I've had the One).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have a oneplus one but I'd be more inclined to get the Nexus 5x that's out at the end of this month.

Much faster OS updates directly from Google and better customer service and availability. Price isn't too bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

They would be incredibly foolish to release another phone so soon. They have already admitted they made a hash of the OP2 release and they need to fix that and build a reliable infrastructure for delivering a new release to the masses (on time annually).

I was slightly tempted to change my OnePlus One to the 2 but I'm well and truly avoiding it now and most likely future releases too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sick of OnePlus. They've pissed people off with their stupid invite system and rightly so. Why bother waiting to get this when there are other options available for around the same money? The OP2 isn't even that impressive tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Techmaster wrote: »
    Sick of OnePlus. They've pissed people off with their stupid invite system and rightly so. Why bother waiting to get this when there are other options available for around the same money? The OP2 isn't even that impressive tbh.

Yep well when I saw the OnePlus two it was a Meh reply from me, even more so as the weeks went on.

Nothing to get excited about, oxegen is is as boring as it gets and the hardware is nothing to get excited about.

As we hear what's coming up with other phones, its just not worth spending the 350 or so on. Nexus 5x might be my next device if not I'm probably stay safe with a moto x play for a while until the latest flagships come out.

Advertisement