Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakenly bought student tickets for U2

Options
  • 14-09-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi - I was lucky enough to get 2 tickets for U2 this morning. When the option came up I selected the 70 euro ones (can't remember the exact price) but I'm almost certain there was no mention of them being student tickets. It was only after I paid for the tickets and the process was complete that it said they were for students.

What should I do? I'm not a student but the conditions say they're not transferable and there's no refunds.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Loads of people texting in to Anton Savage with the exact same problem, today fm are waiting for a reply from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

I'm just off the phone from Ticketmaster. They said to arrive early with your reference, credit card and any official ID (driving licenses, Passport) and you'll be accommodated.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never heard of a student ticket for a gig before.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

Dow99 wrote: »
    I'm just off the phone from Ticketmaster. They said to arrive early with your reference, credit card and any official ID (driving licenses, Passport) and you'll be accommodated.

So in other words, they don't care about the student element of the student ticket. You'll be let in if you have no student ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolemcl27

Does anyone know what Today FM said the response from Ticketmaster was?
    We got student tickets yesterday too by accident and emailed Ticketmaster who first of all said that the tickets were full price normal standing and then an hour later emailed back to say they were in fact student tickets and that they had cancelled them and refunded the money. If they are now saying they will allow student tickets to be used by non students we could have used them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got a call from TM there. Student tix changed to adult tix no problem. I suggest anyone who has students and wants adult should call them. Seems to be no problem doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭lukin

Does anyone know what Today FM said the response from Ticketmaster was?
    We got student tickets yesterday too by accident and emailed Ticketmaster who first of all said that the tickets were full price normal standing and then an hour later emailed back to say they were in fact student tickets and that they had cancelled them and refunded the money. If they are now saying they will allow student tickets to be used by non students we could have used them.

Yeah I had a couple of student tickets for Saturday but I got then cancelled when someone on here said I wouldn't be able to use them without a student ID (I am not a student).
    I am not too bothered as I got a ticket for Monday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've never heard of a student ticket for a gig before.

I've heard about them over in Scotland for the RockNess festival before, they apparently had student ambassadors for the different colleges selling cheaper tickets to students but the festival was strict on college ID for that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Some_randomer

So does anyone have a definitive answer on this? Will they definitely allow entry to non students that bought student tickets?

I tried call TM a couple of times but couldn't get through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

If you bought full price standing tickets (70 quid), you will have no problem.

If you bought the reduced price (30) you may have an issue.
    At least I hope so.
    Why should a non-student benefit from the cut-price offer? Those tickets had a seperate buy link and could only selected through customer error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

ts_editor wrote: »
    If you bought full price standing tickets (70 quid), you will have no problem.

If you bought the reduced price (30) you may have an issue.
    At least I hope so.
    Why should a non-student benefit from the cut-price offer? Those tickets had a seperate buy link and could only selected through customer error.

I don't think all the 30 euro tickets are student

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭JohnR1968

Only spotted this myself this week. Rang ticket master and they will not be looking for Student ID at the door. Reading between the lines Ticketmaster site wasn't clear on the day tickets were on sale, when GA tickets were looked for people were offered Student tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just shows that student tickets were nonsense to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Some_randomer

Yep got through to them eventually and they said they won't be looking for student Id, only the credit card that was used to make the booking.

Advertisement