Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Psychotherapy

Options
  • 14-09-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I'm currently stuck in a rut and bored of my job. I volunteer with several mental health organisations and really enjoy it, I'd like to go back and retrain as a therapist/counsellor. Has anyone qualified with the MSc Psychotherapy and if so, how did you find it? Was it possible to really engage with the course while working full time? DId it help you find employment as a counsellor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I've only ever seen part-time masters that were flexible enough to allow students to work full-time. It'll take a while to work up all the credits though. Unless you want to wreck yourself by doing a tonne of coursework all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 psychology_15

Hi OP,

I didn't study this course, but I did apply for it and went through the interview. In the end, I opted for another programme but the staff on this one were exceptionally helpful and informative! I'd say if you send them an email they'd happily answer your queries or maybe even put you in contact with a past student. It is part-time (or was, when I applied), so I'd say you could definitely balance work and this.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭narmst

As an ex counselling/therapy student I'm looking to sell my library of books.

goo.gl / bRCkbh (delete the two spaces beside the / )

Please feel free to take a look or pass on to colleagues/students who might be interested.

Thanks

Neil

Advertisement