Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Hours/PT meetings

• 14-09-2015 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

We've moved our school end time from 345 back to 330 (second level). Our calendar still has all PT meetings to start at 1615 which as far as I know is correct. However what I'm wondering is there acknoweldgement of the additional time we have to wait around out of croke park hours?

And on a separate note, if we vote no to Landowne Road (and succeed) what would happen to the PT meetings? I can't remember what the agreements were before this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

You are allowed 15 mins at the end of the day so on PT days he should finish at 3.15 and as far as I know no you can't count the wasted sitting around time for Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ejak1

solerina wrote: »
    You are allowed 15 mins at the end of the day so on PT days he should finish at 3.15 and as far as I know no you can't count the wasted sitting around time for Croke Park

You can count the waiting around time as a Croke Park hour. We use the hour to prepare ourselves for meetings, collating marks etc and discussing students' progress with other teachers, year head, class teachers etc so that we an get a better overall view of each student. We got confirmation from the ASTI that this was a valid use of the Croke Park hour and we then adopted it in school. However, everybody must remain on premises for the hour before the meeting starts. Get confirmation from your union on this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

In primary, I start straight after work, it suit some parents more as they are collecting their children anyhow.

ejak1 wrote: »
    You can count the waiting around time as a Croke Park hour. We use the hour to prepare ourselves for meetings, collating marks etc and discussing students' progress with other teachers, year head, class teachers etc so that we an get a better overall view of each student. We got confirmation from the ASTI that this was a valid use of the Croke Park hour and we then adopted it in school. However, everybody must remain on premises for the hour before the meeting starts. Get confirmation from your union on this.
    Wow, that would be brilliant....we def don't count that as Croke Park at the moment and I resent it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

It's actually in the question and answers section of the union guidelines that that time before parent teacher meetings starts and school ends is counted as Croke park hours. We got it included in our hours this year. If Croke park hours were gone we'd still have to do one parent teacher meeting a term outside school hours.

• Advertisement

ccazza wrote: »
    It's actually in the question and answers section of the union guidelines that that time before parent teacher meetings starts and school ends is counted as Croke park hours. We got it included in our hours this year. If Croke park hours were gone we'd still have to do one parent teacher meeting a term outside school hours.

Does that mean if you finished normally at 3.30 like the OP that from 3.30 to the start of the PT meeting is counted ??? What if it is 45 mins, can portions of hours get counted ??? Or is it possible to use 1 hour as school finished at 3.15 on that particular occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

solerina wrote: »
    Does that mean if you finished normally at 3.30 like the OP that from 3.30 to the start of the PT meeting is counted ??? What if it is 45 mins, can portions of hours get counted ??? Or is it possible to use 1 hour as school finished at 3.15 on that particular occasion.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Solerina thats what I'm querying, I know we used to get croke park hours allocated to that waiting time. I wanted to know what the change would be. An extra 15 minutes per meeting would mean 1hr15 less rubbishy meetings other evenings after school for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

Its absurd to just see the many ways CP hours are being calculated and the amount of principals that give no input to staff whatsoever(which is against good practice) in 'doing up the CP timetable'.Some of the more bizarre ones I've heard recently is the school that has an after school fundraiser,starting at 8:00 and finishing around midnight where the Principal EXPECTS all staff to attend and will 'give them' 4 CP hours for their troubles...............mind you s/he is not counting the hours from 4:00 when school finishes to 8:00 when the event starts as CP hours.I would consider this a form of bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

ethical wrote: »
    I would consider this a form of bullying.

You should consider looking up a definition for bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Solerina thats what I'm querying, I know we used to get croke park hours allocated to that waiting time. I wanted to know what the change would be. An extra 15 minutes per meeting would mean 1hr15 less rubbishy meetings other evenings after school for us

If you finish at 4 normally then you should have 30 mins of a break then the meeting but this is not reckonable for CP. If you finish at an earlier time then the difference in time can count for the croke park time. This was the info I got from TUI going back around the tine all this fuss started.

Portions of hours can count also subject to agreement locally.

Out of interest why did your school move to an earlier finish? It seems strange, plenty of schools have gone later in recent years to satisfy the time in school requirements of 28hours. Were ye over the 28.

Also pre CP ptms were one per term outside school time. Additional meetings should be half in half out. The half in part of these meetings can be 'bought out' using three cp hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

ccazza wrote: »

Have you a link for this?

PTM of 2 and a half hours [from 4:15 to 6:45] are classified as 3 hours Croke Park

I've never seen the time before the PTM used as Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Alex Meier wrote: »
    Have you a link for this?

PTM of 2 and a half hours [from 4:15 to 6:45] are classified as 3 hours Croke Park

I've never seen the time before the PTM used as Croke Park.

http://www.asti.ie/croke-park-agreement-how-will-it-work/croke-park-questions-and-answers/
    Above is link. Just scroll down to get specific part.

Advertisement