Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Recipes

Options
  • 14-09-2015 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Here's a couple to start with,If anyone has more you can add them.

Key Lime Cheesecake
    Cheesecake (TFA) - 2%
    Graham Cracker (TFA) - 4%
    Key Lime (TFA) - 8%
    Sweet Cream (TFA) - 3%

RY4
    Ethyl Maltol (10%) (TFA) - 1%
    RY4 Double (TFA) - 10%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 10%

Matriarch (Mothers Milk Clone)
    3% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
    3% New Graham Cracker V2 (CAP)
    5% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
    10% Strawberry (Ripe) (TFA)
    1% Sweet Cream (TFA)
    2% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

3 week steep time. Mixed with no PG added, apart from what is in the concentrates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

That reminds me that I haven't gotten that liquid off in the post for you yet :o
    Must try that Mothers Milk Clone, think I have most of the flavours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

No worries, ive tried the three of those and they are good but the Mothers Milk does need the 3 week steep.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any decent tobacco ones dr bill??

Hellrazer wrote:
    Any decent tobacco ones dr bill??

My favourite tobacco are the one shot t juice concentrates, uk smokes, ice queen and hermano rubero.
    I usually mix at about 18% in 60/40 vg/pg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Vanilla RY4

Start with PG/VG/Nic base of your choice.

TFA RY4 double 10%
    TFA Vanillin 1%

Very good. If you want it a little sweeter then do this mix:

RY4 Double 8%
    Cotton Candy 4%
    Vanillin 1.5%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Strawberries and Cream from fizzmustard over on reddit, it's seriously good.

Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
    French Vanilla (TPA) 2%
    Strawberry (TPA) 6%
    Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA) 4%

Or his alternative which contains between 0.08% and 0.8% Acetyl Propionyl.

Strawberry (TPA) 6%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 8%

Breakfast at Teleos The Milk

Berry Crunch (TFA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TFA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TFA) 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

These are all from the reviewer Vape it with Les.

Blackberry 8% (CAP)
    Sweet Guava 4% (CAP)
    Grape 2% (CAP)
    Menthol 1% (CAP)

Sicilian Lemon Cheesecake,

Lemon Meringue Pie 7% (CAP)
    Lemon Sicily 3% (CAP)
    Cake Batter 3%(CAP)
    Lemon & Lime 1% (CAP)
    Juicy Lemon 1%(CAP)
    I was thinking about adding some Vanilla Custard to this next time to give it a more creamy taste.

Tobilla,

Vanilla Custard V1 4% (CAP)
    Simply Vanilla 4% (CAP)
    Butter 2% (CAP)
    Horchatta 2% (CAP)
    Marshmallow 1% (CAP)
    Pralines % Cream 1% (CAP)
    Smooth Tobacco 1% (CAP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Ive heard this one is very good;

Lemon Meringue Pie recipe (all FlavourArt; lemon custard, moist meringue, and traditional crust flavor)

4% FA Lemon Sicily
    2% FA Custard
    1% FA Meringue
    0.5% FA Fresh Cream
    0.5% FA Apple Pie
    0.5% FA Cookie
    0.5% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
    optional: up to 1% FA Vienna Cream for richer flavor
    made to shake and vape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

American Red and American Gold concentrates from Decadent Vapours are outstanding on their own. At about 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Breakfast at Teleos The Milk

Berry Crunch (TFA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TFA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TFA) 2%

So, if I was making 100ml, I'd use 8ml of berrry crunch, 1.5ml of brown sugar etc and then make the rest up with nic base, vg/pg to suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

So, if I was making 100ml, I'd use 8ml of berrry crunch, 1.5ml of brown sugar etc and then make the rest up with nic base, vg/pg to suit?

Not mls, its percentage.
    Made 100mls recently and used:
    Berry Crunch 9 %
    Brown Sugar 2.5%
    Cream Fresh 2%
    Custard 3%
    Sweet Cream 2%

****Caution**** This stuff is addictive and delicious!!!!

trixiebust wrote: »
    Not mls, its percentage.
    Made 100mls recently and used:
    Berry Crunch 9 %
    Brown Sugar 2.5%
    Cream Fresh 2%
    Custard 3%
    Sweet Cream 2%

****Caution**** This stuff is addictive and delicious!!!!

8% of 100ml is 8ml though, that's what I was getting at.

So you are effectively using 18% flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If you are making 100 mls, that is equal to percent. So 7% of 100ml is 7ml.

Edit: Fratton Fred beat me to it

100ml is broken down into 83.5ml base mix and 16.5ml concentrate. Concentrate will be broken down in equal ml as percentages given,if that makes sense:D

Edit : Be wary of using this juice in plastic tanks,there's a lot of potential tank busters in there.

Ok, I need to give this a go. I've mixed concentrates before, but not flavours.

All the juices I like are €20 a bottle and I'm getting though two a week, so I need to cut costs. This is becoming more expensive than smoking.

Ok, I need to give this a go. I've mixed concentrates before, but not flavours.

All the juices I like are €20 a bottle and I'm getting though two a week, so I need to cut costs. This is becoming more expensive than smoking.

DIY juice is the only way to go once you hit a certain stage,there's gazillions of good recipes out there and a few very good one's here to try also.:)

Fred just download this app. its v simple to use compared to some of the others out there. Plus you can save a few recipes into it for future reference.
    (I also take screenshots of the final %'s to be on the safe side)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.potv.ejuicecalc&hl=en_GB

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Yeah juice cost is getting ridiculous. €20 for 30mls, what? Now I'm seeing €30 for for some uber premium juices, sorry pal?

A certain amount of that gets lost too - small leaks, liquid sticking to the surface of a tank, to the bottle, what's that worth... €5 I can't even vape. Get out of town.

You would think competition would kick in with these juice prices and maybe it will. Hardware costs have gone down hugely while quality has gone up.

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    Fred just download this app. its v simple to use compared to some of the others out there. Plus you can save a few recipes into it for future reference.
    (I also take screenshots of the final %'s to be on the safe side)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.potv.ejuicecalc&hl=en_GB

I have it already, but don't use it to full advantage as I've only ever mixed concentrates from Mom and Pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

This site has clones of most the the ''premium'' juices and from the ones I've made the recipes are good.

http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/recettes/les-clones/

This site has clones of most the the ''premium'' juices and from the ones I've made the recipes are good.

http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/recettes/les-clones/

They seem the best around in my experience.

Ive a zip file that contains a load of recipes that a few UK based mixers put together (I believe they were planning on charging for it). It has some interesting info about mixing percentages for different types of concentrates. Worth a read anyway...

If anyone wants the file just PM me an email address....

Vape escape are having a closing down sale and the flavour concentrates are pretty cheap.I need to stock up and try some of these recipes they sound tasty.

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Vape escape are having a closing down sale and the flavour concentrates are pretty cheap.I need to stock up and try some of these recipes they sound tasty.

Nice one for that....

Capella concentrates are €2.92 for 10ml as opposed to €5 for 13ml with ESI.

Trond wrote: »
    Nice one for that....

Capella concentrates are €2.92 for 10ml as opposed to €5 for 13ml with ESI.

I need to put some money aside and buy a load of it.The email i got from them said that the discounts will increase periodically so it be worth checking back.

I need to put some money aside and buy a load of it.The email i got from them said that the discounts will increase periodically so it be worth checking back.

I had 18 of them in my basket there but decided to calm the fook down!!! Im going to take stock of all I have already and then only buy what I expect to need in terms of future mixing.

Just a word of warning as some of those concentrates are the 1st gen versions which contain Diacetyl etc. I know Capella have replaced most of their ones already....

***Please Note: Some flavour concentrates, particularly those with a creamy or buttery note can contain traces of Diacetyl, Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl. The resultant liquid once mixed will reduce the concentration of these elements still further. However, if you are at all concerned about these individual compounds, we recommend that you do not select flavourings that have an asterix * beside them. The flavourings, as sold, have been produced for use in food products (ingestion) and have all been classified as food-safe,however the long term effects from inhalation are as yet unknown and the use of the flavourings is undertaken by the user wholly at their own risk.Having given consideration to removing the specific flavours concerned, we believe that, as adults, the customer should have the right to choose

I was so blinded by saving a few penny's i forgot about the diketones lol, well noted.I normally try and stay clear of Diacetyl when i can but it looks like I'm going to be vaping it for the best part of the next year lol

Vape Escape discounts are at 40% now.

EDIT: Just got an email from Pick n Mix, they are having a 30% sale on all there nicotine and you can still use the code PICK10 for a further 10% discount.

• Advertisement

Vape Escape discounts are at 40% now.

EDIT: Just got an email from Pick n Mix, they are having a 30% sale on all there nicotine and you can still use the code PICK10 for a further 10% discount.

I only saw that earlier!!! Typically I bought a load of concentrates off them last week :mad: They were dispatched v quickly as well to be fair to them...

I've that many concentrates I don't actually need anymore at this point!

How are people getting on with their homebrewing? I've a few different ones steeping at the moment. Couple of clone recipes and a couple of homemade attempts. One of which smells terrible so far!!!

Still struggling to replicate Wingnuts Nut Juice.

Advertisement