Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Recipes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

That nut juice is a difficult one,I'm using the 6mg in a Subtank with Nickel,I've just mixed Banana Nut Bread,Irish Cream,Crunch & Sparkleberry from Vape it with Les Recipes,some good ones in there,I did have Bavarian Cream planned but the vendor was out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Yeah the Bavarian Cream is very nice. I tend to throw it into most of what I make!

Word of warning to anyone using cake batter flavour, its seriously strong. Even at 2-3% it seems to overpower everything else. Maybe it'll calm down with more steeping.

Pretty certain Capella's New York Cheesecake is the main concentrate in Wingnuts Nut Juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Vape Escape discounts are now at 50% and they close down on the 16th of October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Trond wrote: »
    They seem the best around in my experience.

Ive a zip file that contains a load of recipes that a few UK based mixers put together (I believe they were planning on charging for it). It has some interesting info about mixing percentages for different types of concentrates. Worth a read anyway...

If anyone wants the file just PM me an email address....

That zip doesnt by any chance have a recipe for Mrs Lord Navy Cut does it? Have been really missing that liquid since e-smokeireland stopped stocking it. :p Have been meaning to order it from Mrs. Lord site but, meh.

• Advertisement

BeansBeans wrote: »
    That zip doesnt by any chance have a recipe for Mrs Lord Navy Cut does it? Have been really missing that liquid since e-smokeireland stopped stocking it. :p Have been meaning to order it from Mrs. Lord site but, meh.

No unfortunately. Checked another couple of sites I use and nothing either.

Id imagine its because tobacco clones are a bit more complex given the lower % of concentrates needed. Id say there's a hell of a lot more trial and error involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ya somewhat expected that, thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

11214 wrote: »
    Strawberries and Cream from fizzmustard over on reddit, it's seriously good.

Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
    French Vanilla (TPA) 2%
    Strawberry (TPA) 6%
    Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA) 4%

Or his alternative which contains between 0.08% and 0.8% Acetyl Propionyl.

Strawberry (TPA) 6%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 8%

Tried this today, it's seriously good.
    Reminds me of one of those strawberry & cream chupa chups lollipops!

Couple of recipes....

Ripe Dragon Fruit - Delighted with this one as a shake and vape so really high hopes given its apparently best after a week.

Dragon Fruit 10%
    Ethyl Malthol 1%
    Strawberry 4%
    Sweet Cream 6%
    40/60 PG/VG

Beard No 5 - After buying the real thing found a v simple clone. Haven't tried it yet but smells close to the original already.

New York Cheese cake 10%
    Ripe strawberry 6%
    20/80 PG/VG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭basamin

Lemon meringue pie

Lemon -FA 6%
    Custard V2 - Capella 2%
    Meringue - FA 3%
    Fresh Cream -FA 1%
    Graham Crust TFA 2%

• Advertisement

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Breakfast at Teleos The Milk

Berry Crunch (TFA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TFA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TFA) 2%

My head is not with it this morning,with those percentages above,how many ml's will it make.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Get a coffee :-) they're percentages.. make as much as you like :-)

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Get a coffee :-) they're percentages.. make as much as you like :-)

:D:D:D I've done these mixes so many times before,I just couldn't get my head round it this morning,is this a sign or something,possibly old git syndrome :confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

Thanks for putting me straight...

Homemade recipe that turned out v well although it takes a bit of steeping;

30/70 PG VG & 3mg nic

Vanilla Custard 12.5 %
    Graham Cracker 2%
    Butter 1.5%
    Brown Sugar 1%

Might add 2-4% Banana and some biscuit next time I make it. Id be careful with Graham Cracker % as it can be very over powering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

11214 wrote: »
    Strawberries and Cream from fizzmustard over on reddit, it's seriously good.

Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
    French Vanilla (TPA) 2%
    Strawberry (TPA) 6%
    Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA) 4%

I used TPA Sweet raspberry in this and yeah it's seriously good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

A very easy one that I have had fair good success with is Irish Cream with a hint of French Vanilla it is very very easy to make

Concentrates:
    Capella French Vanilla 1%
    Capella Irish cream 9%
    and mix with:
    PG/VG/Nic 90% ( obviously you vary this to your desired nic. strenght and PG/VG ratio

Steeping/shaking/airing takes 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Made Dr bills breakfast at teleos 2 weeks ago. Tried it today. It's excellent. Great recipe

Deag4 wrote: »
    Made Dr bills breakfast at teleos 2 weeks ago. Tried it today. It's excellent. Great recipe

There's still something missing from it unfortunately. Plus im not sure it ages too well either.

My first attempt I finished it within a week or two after steeping. 2nd attempt Id left it for a good 5 weeks and thought it wasn't great at all. My most recent effort I added 3 or 4 more concentrates in tiny percentages and it was a bit better.

Im due another attempt shortly. Might include a tiny % of graham cracker this time round.

Its v tough to replicate the original as its such a complex taste especially on the exhale. Im not giving up yet though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

8mm's Frozen Raspberry

3.5% Raspberry (TFA)
    3% Forest Fruit (FA)
    2% Menthol (FA)

I mix this 60/40 PG/VG at 6mg and it's shake and vape, a bit more smooth after 24 hours.

Also to make a Frozen Orange use 2% Orange from FlavourArt instead of raspberry for another lovely juice.

Menthol doesn't have to be FA but you may need to adjust percentage if a different brand.

The key to this recipe is FlavourArts Forest Fruit as it add a juicey complex aftertaste that creates a constant twirl between the key fruit flavour and coolness of the menthol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

There's still something missing from it unfortunately. Plus im not sure it ages too well either.

My first attempt I finished it within a week or two after steeping. 2nd attempt Id left it for a good 5 weeks and thought it wasn't great at all. My most recent effort I added 3 or 4 more concentrates in tiny percentages and it was a bit better.

Im due another attempt shortly. Might include a tiny % of graham cracker this time round.

Its v tough to replicate the original as its such a complex taste especially on the exhale. Im not giving up yet though!

Agreed,I've yet to come across a recipe that matches original perfectly,I reduced the Berry Crunch in this and it improves but as you said it's still missing something,the fact that I've gone through so much of it has also made me numb to the flavours so I'm giving it a rest for a while.
    JH raheny has a lovely Irish cream recipe in the thread and will also be trying 8mm's recipe.

• Advertisement

I gave the crunch recipe a go and just being trying it out. Only 7 days on the steep so I may need another 7 to fully evaluate it.

For me the first few inhales are really nice but the flavour seems to mute super fast and I have to put it away for a while. The high berry notes do not seem to stay in the aftertaste and the low notes just pervade puff after puff. Still it does feel like it should be nice and look forward to having more in a week.

I must give that Irish cream a go when I get my next flavour order in. Love some feedback on the Frozen fruits too when you get a chance to try it.

If you want to try the irish cream before buying anything just PM me address and I'll send you a bottle

Cheers JH. Are those Capella flavours D & AP free?

News from the crunch:

I made an adjustment to the crunch by adding 1 drop of Ethyl Maltol (10% dilution) to around 8mls I had remaining from the 10mls that I had pulled from the steeping bottle. It was sitting for 12 or so hours and around an hour in a warm bath. Seems to have helped quite a bit to balance the high/low notes and keep the aftertaste interesting, the more subtle notes seem to have raised and the creams more luxurious. I would try 2 drops of EM in 10mls to see the effect. Must wait for the finished steep, arrrg patience yes I've heard of it!

8mm wrote: »
    Cheers JH. Are those Capella flavours D & AP free?

some are and some not but I'm not overly worried about that to be honest

Have a look at their own statement here

http://www.capellaflavors.com/a-p-status/

They seem the best around in my experience.

Ive a zip file that contains a load of recipes that a few UK based mixers put together (I believe they were planning on charging for it). It has some interesting info about mixing percentages for different types of concentrates. Worth a read anyway...

If anyone wants the file just PM me an email address....

Hey man I'll take that off you please will pm email address. Thanks

Just mixed 200ml of Dr bills breakfast at teleos. That's Xmas day sorted :-)

I've been working on a few recipes and have set up an account on e-liquid-recipes.com under the name Moondog. Astro themed as astronomy and space is another passion of mine. I will be adding more as time goes on... feedback always welcome! Cheers.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=39825

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

chipfox's Blue Passion

9% Blueberry Wild (TFA)
    6% Passionfruit (CAP)

Nothing too complex but I feel like the two go very very well together. It seems the ratios are most important to balance. I like strong flavour but I'm sure you could alter the percentages to have 1.5 parts Blueberry Wild and 1 part Passionfruit. Shake and vape approved!

chipfox's Strawberry Vanilla Custard

9% Strawberry Ripe (TFA)
    3.5% Vanilla Custard (TFA)

Took me a few mixes but those ratios seem most balanced to me. Hard to say how much a steep does, I've not noticed anything from a shake and vape to a 2 week steep.

chipfox wrote: »
    chipfox's Blue Passion

9% Blueberry Wild (TFA)
    6% Passionfruit (CAP)

Nothing too complex but I feel like the two go very very well together. It seems the ratios are most important to balance. I like strong flavour but I'm sure you could alter the percentages to have 1.5 parts Blueberry Wild and 1 part Passionfruit. Shake and vape approved!

chipfox's Strawberry Vanilla Custard

9% Strawberry Ripe (TFA)
    3.5% Vanilla Custard (TFA)

Took me a few mixes but those ratios seem most balanced to me. Hard to say how much a steep does, I've not noticed anything from a shake and vape to a 2 week steep.

Gonna mix some of that strawberry vanilla custard,have the makings here and it sounds good. :)

• Advertisement

8mm wrote: »
    8mm's Frozen Raspberry

3.5% Raspberry (TFA)
    3% Forest Fruit (FA)
    2% Menthol (FA)

I mix this 60/40 PG/VG at 6mg and it's shake and vape, a bit more smooth after 24 hours.

Also to make a Frozen Orange use 2% Orange from FlavourArt instead of raspberry for another lovely juice.

Menthol doesn't have to be FA but you may need to adjust percentage if a different brand.

The key to this recipe is FlavourArts Forest Fruit as it add a juicey complex aftertaste that creates a constant twirl between the key fruit flavour and coolness of the menthol.

Mixed this about 10 days ago,tried it today and it's very good,fruity and the menthol takes the sharpness off,very very nice. :)

Advertisement