Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Recipes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I still find the Ripe Strawberry a bit mild but it's nice with the custard which comes through strong enough at those %s. Think I'll need to try a new strawberry concentrate though. Something a bit sweeter/stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

chipfox wrote: »
    I still find the Ripe Strawberry a bit mild but it's nice with the custard which comes through strong enough at those %s. Think I'll need to try a new strawberry concentrate though. Something a bit sweeter/stronger

Might increase the strawberry if it's not finding it's way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Throwing more of the same flavour into a mix can have the opposite effect making a juice taste bitter and more muted.

Try experimenting with a complementary flavour at a low percentage or a sweetener as it's often the sweetness that's off. Something like vanilla deep in the background can really push other flavours forward.

I see other mixers use a combo of strawberry flavours from different producers.

I read that too was wondering if that was the problem. picknmix are doing 25% off so I'll order a few different strawberries.

I tried TFAs at 5%-9% and still found it a bit weak. Probably because I use strawberry in most of my mixes...

Maybe CAP or FA will give me what I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I was checking out PicknMix & their mixed PG/VG/Nic & they only have 9mg & up,they do have 100% VG at 6mg but that is too much VG for me,seems to lose the taste with 100% VG.

What do you reckon with this,is it ok for mixing http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/TankFog-VG/PG-68/32/1-Liter-TankFog-68-32-VGPG-6mg-ml::206.html?MODsid=8f7cbc1930e0171cd44017a5a8c71125

I have already tried this http://www.vapebase.de/Vape-Bases/VGPG-Vape-Bases/50/50-Vape-Bases/1-Liter-Vape-Base-50-50-VGPG-12mg-ml::24.html

Are the two bases the same but with different ratios of Nic/VG/PG or is one better than the other.

• Advertisement

I'd say don't bother with any premixed bases, cheaper to make your own anyway.

I'd say don't bother with any premixed bases, cheaper to make your own anyway.

you mean ,buy 500ml PG & 500ml VG for instance,so that will 10 x 2.75 = 27.50 & then buy 100ml of Nic,I can understand your reasoning,you're not restricted by doing it this way,I think...:confused:

I guess I just like the flexibility of being able to change any parameter I want. Do whatever you prefer but generally making your own will be cheaper in the long run. Adding flavours to premixed bases throws the mg of nicotine off even further and that would really annoy me.

The 9mg bases with 10% flavour would be roughly 8.1mg strength after you mixed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

you mean ,buy 500ml PG & 500ml VG for instance,so that will 10 x 2.75 = 27.50 & then buy 100ml of Nic,I can understand your reasoning,you're not restricted by doing it this way,I think...:confused:

Check out

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/concentrates-c-4883/436-propylene-glycol-pg-100ml-p-436.html

Reasonable,next day delivery,good quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D you found it Doc,I think the recipes were left to the side & loads of rabbit took over:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Thanks Dr Bill.... some recipes here.

Here's one I adapted from another recipe on e-liquidrecipes.com...... nice after 1 week steeping, tastes very like Re-Juiced "Big Mamma's Milk"

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1276727/Strawberry+Milk

you found it Doc,I think the recipes were left to the side & loads of rabbit took over

Some nice ones here that I haven't tried in a while, The Milk was one I nearly drowned myself in, must check the ingredients and whip up another mix.

Some nice ones here that I haven't tried in a while, The Milk was one I nearly drowned myself in, must check the ingredients and whip up another mix.

I got the Milk recipe from you about 18 months ago & still vaping the same mix,well steeped now & still tasty...

I got the Milk recipe from you about 18 months ago & still vaping the same mix,well steeped now & still tasty...

Maybe Cagey will share a few of his creations here as well,he has some top drawer mixes under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Are you still using the original recipe I sent on a couple of years ago? Last time I tried it I wasn't overly gone on it....the clone was defo missing something compared to the original.

I actually tried to buy some online last night and the company seem to have changed name to Teleos Remixed and the juice to The Milk 2.

F*ck all of it around, even in the UK :(

Trond wrote:
    Are you still using the original recipe I sent on a couple of years ago? Last time I tried it I wasn't overly gone on it....the clone was defo missing something compared to the original.

Mixed a 100ml yesterday, haven't tried it in a while now so will be looking forward to it. Kix stocked the latest version and I tried it a couple of times but I found it way too sweet and the original flavour was there but not nearly as nice.

Mixed a 100ml yesterday, haven't tried it in a while now so will be looking forward to it. Kix stocked the latest version and I tried it a couple of times but I found it way too sweet and the original flavour was there but not nearly as nice.

:mad: thats a shame. Luckily I found one unopened bottle of the original. Hope the flavour hasn't diminished too much...

Suppose it can spur us onto working on the clone again. I've been out of the loop for a year or so now but am slowly getting back into mixing etc.

I seem to remember the berry crunch was too dominant @8%. Must see can I find any screenshots of my last 2 attempts at it.

• Advertisement

Trond wrote:
    I seem to remember the berry crunch was too dominant @8%. Must see can I find any screenshots of my last 2 attempts at it.

If a breakdown of the components of the berry crunch could be found and adjusted then it might help, I'll have a trawl at the weekend 'in the lab' and see what I can find out. I remember making adjustments after one of your posts in this thread but it wasn't a success and ended up as a lawn fertiliser. :) The original Teleos to this day was one of the best juices ever made, shame it disappeared.

Trond wrote: »

I actually tried to buy some online last night and the company seem to have changed name to Teleos Remixed and the juice to The Milk 2.

F*ck all of it around, even in the UK :(

is this recipe on this thread?

kingaaa wrote:

Yep, The Milk, back near the start of the thread.

kingaaa wrote: »

Breakfast at Teleos clone the milk

Berry Crunch (TPA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%

VG 80%PG 20%

Off the top off my head my first change to the above was to reduce the Berry Crunch to 7% and the cream fresh to 1% and change the ratio to vg70% pg 30%. It was more balanced that way I recall.

I have a slight alternative mix to this somewhere as well which was good, I'll post it once I find it.

Trond wrote: »
    Breakfast at Teleos clone the milk

Berry Crunch (TPA) 8%
    Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
    Cream Fresh (FA) 2%
    Custard (FA) 3%
    Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%

VG 80%PG 20%

Off the top off my head my first change to the above was to reduce the Berry Crunch to 7% and the cream fresh to 1% and change the ratio to vg70% pg 30%. It was more balanced that way I recall.

all I need is Berry Crunch and cream fresh..!!! :)

Another tip I'd give is NEVER use Berry Crunch and Fruit Circles in the same mix.

Both can be great on their own in different recipes but fook me together its a disaster.

I found a mix I made fairly often with both in the mix. It's insanely sweet though. No idea where this one came from

Bavarian Cream TPA 3.5%
    Berry Crunch TPA 2%
    CC Graham Crust TPA 3%
    Cotton Candy (EM 10%) 1%
    French Vanilla TPA 1%
    Fruit Circles TPA 7%
    Meringue FA 3.5%
    Whipped Cream TPA 2%

I find fruit circles really has to be strong but it does actually need a while to settle out. I realise this is a ridiculous amount of flavour but no amount less seems to be any good

7.5% Berry Crunch (TPA)
    1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
    7% Custard (FA)
    1.0% Sweet Cream (TPA)

That's another variation of The Milk. More custard and a little less Berry Crunch takes the sharpness off it.

• Advertisement

I'm going to mix that one up. Bought FA custard months back and never used it. I don't think it really tastes like custard to be honest

Advertisement