Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Recipes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

how would you describe Berry Crunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I mixed a 100ml of 6mg 80vg/20pg Berry Crunch on it's own,no other flavours,it has a small taste of berries on the inhale & a crunchie rice crispies on the exhale,I wouldn't go above 6mg or you will get a harsh TH,I reckon 3mg would be perfect,there is no sweetness,I would add something sweet like bavarian or something else to bring out the berries.

I mixed a 100ml of 6mg 80vg/20pg Berry Crunch on it's own,no other flavours,it has a small taste of berries on the inhale & a crunchie rice crispies on the exhale,I wouldn't go above 6mg or you will get a harsh TH,I reckon 3mg would be perfect,there is no sweetness,I would add something sweet like bavarian or something else to bring out the berries.

not sure if that would be my thing....

kingaaa wrote: »
    not sure if that would be my thing....

Don't rely on my taste buds,I could be talking sh1te...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Your taste buds are still working YDS :D That flavour you describe is pretty close to what Berry Crunch is on it's own but in a mix combining other,sweeter flavours it adds a crunchiness,a cereal type taste if that makes sense with a sharpness of fruit and can be a good compliment to as I mentioned,sweeter concentrates.

• Advertisement

:):):)

I have a load of fruit-flavours mixed already that I love (plus my gallon of Bomb-Pop :O )... I'm really getting into some custard mixes at the moment, just got a few more flavours from Chef's Flavours this morning, so I think I've more than enough raw ingredients to start some Custard/Pie/Caramel/Cream mixes, just looking for the right recipes..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have a load of fruit-flavours mixed already that I love (plus my gallon of Bomb-Pop :O )... I'm really getting into some custard mixes at the moment, just got a few more flavours from Chef's Flavours this morning, so I think I've more than enough raw ingredients to start some Custard/Pie/Caramel/Cream mixes, just looking for the right recipes..!!

Be aware that custard mixes require much longer steeping. Some mixers even suggest 4-6 weeks or more! They are of course vapable from the off, but to get the best out of a nice custard a couple of weeks at least for full flavour. Patience is a pain, but it can be well worth it. You want a nice deep amber colour, and you'll know when you smell it and want to drink the stuff it's so lush :D

I've always found custards and creams difficult to work with,getting the ratios right can be a pita at times and as cagey said they do need a good steep to really bring out the flavour. I've tried a lot of the pre mixed Isle of Custard concentrate and some of them are excellent but they need at least a 4 week steep to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

This clone recipe is excellent for Grants Custard

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/11224

Needs nearly a full 2 month steep though which can be annoying!

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    This clone recipe is excellent for Grants Custard

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/11224

Needs nearly a full 2 month steep though which can be annoying!

That might well be a lovely custard, but I wish mixers would stop claiming they've mixed a Grant's clone. That looks nothing like the original Grant's custard recipe that I know of at least. Which is more like 15% Cap VC and 2% Dulche de leche.

That mixer should have just gave it another name, but then it wouldn't get hits.

That might well be a lovely custard, but I wish mixers would stop claiming they've mixed a Grant's clone. That looks nothing like the original Grant's custard recipe that I know of at least. Which is more like 15% Cap VC and 2% Dulche de leche.

That mixer should have just gave it another name, but then it wouldn't get hits.

Ive actually never had the original. The above is a thick buttery Custard when fully steeped. Amazing with a good stout!

Another variation of the above I came up with;

French Vanilla 4%
    NYCC 3%
    Cap Vanilla Custard V1 4%
    FA Forest Fruit 2.5%

Really good.....

Ive actually never had the original. The above is a thick buttery Custard when fully steeped. Amazing with a good stout!

Another variation of the above I came up with;

French Vanilla 4%
    NYCC 3%
    Cap Vanilla Custard V1 4%
    FA Forest Fruit 2.5%

Really good.....

The original Grant's was lovely at the time, but actually a very plain vanilla custard. It was the first juice outside of tobaccos i liked.

I do a lovely fruit custard too, called wild wood and another called forest floor. They're both Capella VC based with forest mix and touches of extra fruitiness, easy all day vapes.

I'm missing the nycc atm for yours, i have TFA cheesecake Graham cracker, might try it with that.

The original Grant's was lovely at the time, but actually a very plain vanilla custard. It was the first juice outside of tobaccos i liked.

I do a lovely fruit custard too, called wild wood and another called forest floor. They're both Capella VC based with forest mix and touches of extra fruitiness, easy all day vapes.

I'm missing the nycc atm for yours, i have TFA cheesecake Graham cracker, might try it with that.

I'm the same, no NYCC or Forrest mix....but have Real Flavours cheescake, TFA cheesecake grahan crust, and TPA graham craker as well as Inawera strawberry shisha and TFA ripe strawberry...should be able to adapt it?

Cagey 3 of my favourites from your mixes are Orchard Escape, Paradise Lost and Long Gone Day, I'm sure they'd go down a treat here too if you had some spare time to add them :)

I'm the same, no NYCC or Forrest mix....but have Real Flavours cheescake, TFA cheesecake grahan crust, and TPA graham craker as well as Inawera strawberry shisha and TFA ripe strawberry...should be able to adapt it?

FA forest mix is lovely, you should get some. It's wonderful with custard. It's blackberry, raspberry, blackcurrant and bilberry [type of blueberry] - you won't really get same from what you have. But ... doesn't stop you giving your own fruit custard a go! ;)
    Cagey 3 of my favourites from your mixes are Orchard Escape, Paradise Lost and Long Gone Day, I'm sure they'd go down a treat here too if you had some spare time to add them :)

Sure, I'll add them in :) Long gone day is still my main ADV, I do Paradise lost still occasionally but haven't done Orchard Escape in a bit. Must get some mixed up!

Orchard Escape : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/604921/Orchard%20escape

0.5% Cactus (INAWERA)
    2% Fuji Apple (FA)
    1.5% Grapes (INAWERA)
    1% Marshmallow (FA)
    1% Meringue (FA)
    2% Nonna's Cake (FA)
    2% Pear (INAWERA)
    1.5% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 11.5%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/4NYp

Long gone day : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/499838/Long%20gone%20day

3% Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
    7% Greek Yogurt (TPA)
    4% Peaches and Cream (CAP)
    4% Tropical Mango (Molinberry)
    3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 21%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/3ZWK

Paradise Lost : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/620781/Paradise%20Lost

0.5% Cactus (INAWERA)
    1% Coconut Shisha (INAWERA)
    0.75% Exotic (INAWERA)
    5% Greek Yogurt (TPA)
    0.75% Joy (FA)
    1% Meringue (FA)
    2% Pear (INAWERA)
    2.5% Pineapple (INAWERA)
    2% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 15.5%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/4YfC

Here is the original Wild Wood, fruit custard I came up with, have a few variations on it since [also vaping this atm in that OBS Engine ;) ]

Wild Wood Custard : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/631911/Wild%20Wood%20Custard

2.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
    0.5% Blackcurrant (INAWERA)
    1% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
    3% Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
    0.5% Fuji Apple (FA)
    1% Raspberry (CAP)
    0.5% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)
    7% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 16%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/52Kb

This was actually one where I tried to emulate that when I had no Forest mix and it turned out well:

Forest floor : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/881414/Forest%20floor

2% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
    0.75% Blackcurrant (INAWERA)
    1.5% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
    1.5% Boysenberry (Flavorah)
    1% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
    1.5% Pear (INAWERA)
    1.5% Raspberry Shisha (INAWERA)
    6% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 15.75%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/72ze

Nice work Sir! If you haven't got it already FA Bilberry is excellent. Seems to ramp up all the other flavours for some reason.

Might as well post this as well. Best shake and vape recipe i've used to date.

HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe (all FlavourArt; lemon custard, moist meringue, and traditional crust flavor)

4% FA Lemon Sicily
    2% FA Custard
    1% FA Meringue
    0.5% FA Fresh Cream
    0.5% FA Apple Pie
    0.5% FA Cookie
    0.5% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
    optional: up to 1% FA Vienna Cream for richer flavor
    made to shake and vape!

Sure, I'll add them in Long gone day is still my main ADV, I do Paradise lost still occasionally but haven't done Orchard Escape in a bit. Must get some mixed up!

Nice one, some great mixes there guys.

Nice work Sir! If you haven't got it already FA Bilberry is excellent. Seems to ramp up all the other flavours for some reason.

Might as well post this as well. Best shake and vape recipe i've used to date.

HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe (all FlavourArt; lemon custard, moist meringue, and traditional crust flavor)

4% FA Lemon Sicily
    2% FA Custard
    1% FA Meringue
    0.5% FA Fresh Cream
    0.5% FA Apple Pie
    0.5% FA Cookie
    0.5% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
    optional: up to 1% FA Vienna Cream for richer flavor
    made to shake and vape!

I have INW Bilberry shisha, haven't tried the FA one yet, must do so. In another version of Forest floor I used the bilberry and it adds a lovely sweet, almost purple skittles like touch to the mix :) I love FA blackcurrant too, it's just like ribena on it's own, very strong too so very small % needed, but adds a lovely lush blackcurrant hint to custards.

I have mixed that Lemon meringue before too, well, I adapted it, bumped up some of the ingredients. HIC does very low %, for some mixes you almost want to double up

I read somewhere in the past that HIC was actually a she too, not sure if true, not that it matters of course.

I have INW Bilberry shisha, haven't tried the FA one yet, must do so. In another version of Forest floor I used the bilberry and it adds a lovely sweet, almost purple skittles like touch to the mix :) I love FA blackcurrant too, it's just like ribena on it's own, very strong too so very small % needed, but adds a lovely lush blackcurrant hint to custards.

I have mixed that Lemon meringue before too, well, I adapted it, bumped up some of the ingredients. HIC does very low %, for some mixes you almost want to double up

I read somewhere in the past that HIC was actually a she too, not sure if true, not that it matters of course.

Yep noticed that myself. Ive done the doubling up thing as well but you have to be careful. Some of the FA concentrates are too strong for those sort of percentages.

Some people are mental though, Ive seen recipes with over 30% flavouring ffs :D:eek:

• Advertisement

Yep noticed that myself. Ive done the doubling up thing as well but you have to be careful. Some of the FA concentrates are too strong for those sort of percentages.

Some people are mental though, Ive seen recipes with over 30% flavouring ffs :D:eek:

For sure, I wouldn't be doubling up the Lemon Sicily for one! 4% is about max I'd ever use it too.

Depends on the mix ratio and concentrates used for percentages. I think that's the key to mixing, knowing your concentrates, knowing what % each one works best at, how each one affects other flavors etc

My long gone day mix above is 21%, but it needed to be. It's just right at that, but all my mixes are meant for max VG. If you were to mix them say at 60/40, they'd be pretty strong. Also that one is mostly TFA concentrates which are generally weaker than most others, bar odd exceptions.

FA and INW mixes will always be lower %, they are much stronger concentrates.

For sure, I wouldn't be doubling up the Lemon Sicily for one! 4% is about max I'd ever use it too.

Depends on the mix ratio for percentages. My long gone day mix above is 21%, but it needed to be. It's just right at that, but all my mixes are meant for max VG. If you were to mix them say at 60/40, they'd be pretty strong. Also that one is mostly TFA concentrates which are generally weaker than most others, bar odd exceptions.

FA and INW mixes will always be lower %, they are much stronger concentrates.

Ive only 1 INW at the moment. Cactus :D not sure what to make of it yet! Smells amazing.

Heard their shisha Strawberry and Vanilla are both excellent. Must pick them up soon.

Ive only 1 INW at the moment. Cactus :D not sure what to make of it yet! Smells amazing.

Heard their shisha Strawberry and Vanilla are both excellent. Must pick them up soon.

Cactus is great, but in small doses mostly. Use it at 0.25% - 0.5% in a fruit mix for a juicy mouthfeel, tends to 'pop' fruits also, enhancing their flavor. It does have it's own very distinct taste, and above those low percentages can easily take over. It's supposedly cactus pear as opposed to prickly cactus plant

Shisha strawberry is pretty good, it's still not the perfect strawberry for me - I have yet to find that. I usually mix a couple together trial and error, see what comes out best. Just got some FA strawberry [red touch] and hoping that might add something. I'm thinking 3/2/1 TFA ripe, FA strawberry and INW shisha strawberry will make a nice, full bodied strawberry. It's the hardest flavor profile to get right.

INW are the hardest concentrates to get to know [besides Medicine flower, which I have yet to try] - They have variations on flavours, like Raspberry. It'll either be called Raspberry, or 'Malina' and that's their standard one which is ok, but not sweet, kind of bitter. Then you have the Shisha Raspberry which is very sweet and smooth. And both of them work well with fruity custards.

Be wary of their side ranges, like Wera Garden or their wild range. Some of them are odd and very potent. Like Wild strawberry - tastes more like grass! :o or the Rose, even one drop in a strong mix and it's all you will taste, and it's oddly similar to Turkish delight :/ Lots of trial and error needed for their concentrates.

INW Vanilla shisha - safe as. Think a very light vanilla custard, without the thick mouthfeel. Very good in ice cream mixes with VBIC and marshmallow

http://flavourexpress.com/

20% off "LAUNCH20"

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Don't know how mad people are about desert type stuff but this is my favourite original creation. Tastes the best when it starts to go brown but a solid shake and vape. Rarely gets to go brown but I've started making 250ml batches

4% NYCC CAP
    1% Vanilla Cupcake TPA
    2% Cake Batter CAP
    1.5% Yellow Cake FW
    0.5% Cotton Candy (EM 10%)
    0.25% Golden Butter CAP
    4% Sugar Cookie CAP
    3% Vanilla Custard TPA

I wanted a tasty base that I could add any fruit to and I feel this is the best I'll ever get for my own DIY anyway. Would love someone to critique it though

chipfox wrote:
    4% NYCC CAP 1% Vanilla Cupcake TPA 2% Cake Batter CAP 1.5% Yellow Cake FW 0.5% Cotton Candy (EM 10%) 0.25% Golden Butter CAP 4% Sugar Cookie CAP 3% Vanilla Custard TPA

Looks tasty, very sweet??

chipfox wrote: »
    4% NYCC CAP
    1% Vanilla Cupcake TPA
    2% Cake Batter CAP
    1.5% Yellow Cake FW
    0.5% Cotton Candy (EM 10%)
    0.25% Golden Butter CAP
    4% Sugar Cookie CAP
    3% Vanilla Custard TPA

I wanted a tasty base that I could add any fruit to and I feel this is the best I'll ever get for my own DIY anyway. Would love someone to critique it though

Missing 4 of the ingredients here so can't mix it up. I only recently discovered cake batter dip though, and loving it. Been trying to do a pancake type mix, also Golden butter, interesting stuff. I wonder if it's possible to do up a crispy pancake with a fry up juice? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I don't what it is about raw bakery stuff but it just really gets me going. Never found many flavours from FW I ever ended up using I need to get some of that stuff. I always use CAPs cake batter and loved it but people rave about FW's

You should try Joy from FA. I love it, it's not the easiest one to blend into a mix, but for bakeries it adds a fresh yeasty bread note. Oddly it adds more a glazed, sugary effect when added to fruit mixes. Kind of a schizoid concentrate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

http://flavourexpress.com/

20% off "LAUNCH20"

Still on until tonight. Putting an order in today. About 12 flavours for £20, cheers.

Their also running a comp, every order is in a draw to win 144 flavours ha i can hope.

Advertisement