Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instrumentation or electrical & instrumentation

Options
  • 14-09-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all . A few quick questions for those in the know. I'm thinking of doing an apprenticeship .

I'm over 30 and this would be a complete career change . Just wondering whick people think would be better.
    Instrumentation on its own or the electrical &instrumeentation apprenticeship.
    Any info would be great. Finding it hard to make up my mind
    Career prospects when finished?? That kind of thing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

jrobertos wrote: »
    Hi all . A few quick questions for those in the know. I'm thinking of doing an apprenticeship .

I'm over 30 and this would be a complete career change . Just wondering whick people think would be better.
    Thanks

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

jrobertos wrote: »

Thanks

If you can get the electrical and instrumentation apprenticeship this would be the better option in my opinion. I'm not sure about the job prospects but I would imagine someone else can answer that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

aido79 wrote: »
    If you can get the electrical and instrumentation apprenticeship this would be the better option in my opinion. I'm not sure about the job prospects but I would imagine someone else can answer that.

I agree.

I served my time as an electrician. When I worked on the same projects as instrumentation technicians i saw that not only was their work more interesting and "cleaner" but they were better paid. This is why I developed an interest in instrumentation.

Having both electrical and instrumentation is a huge advantage especially when commissioning. This makes someone far more employable.

Advertisement