Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party for 60 people - food

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

For the goats cheese bruschetta, how does plain toasted baguette (only olive oil not garlic), topped with whipped goats cheese, drizzle honey and chopped walnuts sound? I want to avoid tomatoes and olives because we have a greek salad and now a caprese pasta salad. I went a bit mad on caramelized red onion last week so anything jammy is very unappealing at the moment.

Just looking at hams on tesco website, if I got ham tonight, boiled it tomorrow and roasted it on saturday would it be ok for party on sunday, or would it be a better idea to roast it sunday morning? Do I need to add anything or just boil and roast?
    Also what's the difference between a "pale boned and rolled" ham and "smoked ham fillet" besides price. (I don't eat ham so sorry if that's a silly question)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I can't help you on the difference between boned and rolled but ham has a long shelf life. It can be boiled and baked if you choose to do so a week in advance. So there's very little prep involved. It's quite cheap and like a previous poster said carving it badly will make it look more homemade. Enjoy the celebration!!

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning and boiling then baking it tomorrow. It's only 2kg so shouldn't take too long :)

Hey so the party was today. 40 people approximately (I've a feeling I'm leaving some out of the count) and the food went quite well.
    I've attached a picture of the table. On my kitchen cabinets there are bowlsof cocktail sausages, chicken dippers, duck Spring rolls, veggie wontons and wedges.
    What you see in the pic are the salads, breads, kids table, bruschetta, salmon oat cakes and ham and chicken plate.

Then there was the dessert table, which nobody got a pic of!!

I'm so proud of myself. A few small tweaks I'd make if doing it again, but not much o be honest.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ah well done, looks delicious! :) Glad it all went so well for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement