Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovering deleted pics from SD card

• 14-09-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I accidentally deleted 150 pics off my camera the other day. I didnt take any more pics and took the SD card out of the camera. IS there a way i can get these back? Im fairly useless at technology but if there is simple straightforward software i can download to get them back that would be great.
    Otherwise if there is anywhere i could bring it to get them recovered?
    Any advice or help at all would be fantastic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I recovered a lot of pics from an SD card years ago, so I've forgotten the name of the software I used. But it was free, and there was a few different free programs available at the time.

Do a google for photo recovery or SD data recovery etc and you should find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭niavd

Hi thanks, i tried googling and there are so many that i just dont know where to start. I need someone to tell me a good one that is easy and straight forward to use..

Just look for reviews, the likes of CNET often link to them and will have user reviews. If not, just give them a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

try recuva

+1

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil. Il try recuva later. And cheers for the link :-) will let you know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Just be sure not to save the recovered pictures to your SD card, save to your hard drive instead

Recuva rings a bell for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Once I had the same issue, I got everything easy with Object Rescue. I preferred it over Recuva cause it is specifically deigned for Images, Documents, etc, and not just deleted files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Recuva is great, saved me a few times, you should be fine once nothing else has been saved to the card since.

• Advertisement

Just be sure not to save the recovered pictures to your SD card, save to your hard drive instead

Why cant i save them back on to my SD card?

Another question i have is when im looking for the pics on the SD card is it ok to just have the card in my camera and connect it up that way? Or should i have some sort of card reader? (i am clueless)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

becaus you might save over some of the clusters of the other original files and then corrupt their recovery. You can copy them back afterwards to the card

Advertisement