Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TK Max clothes

• 14-09-2015 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What do you all think of clothes from TK max.

I find that you really have to look to find something you like, and if you find something you like, you might not find your size. I have been lucky enought that i have found items i like, and they are generally my size, but the quality is a bit hit and miss.

Yesterday i spotted a nice Ralph Lauren jumper, but it was 2 sized to big, it was unfortunate, but its the look of the draw I suppose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

I think their stock has generally gone downhill badly in the last couple of years. Most of it's rubbish. It used to be a lot better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I never find anything I like there anymore! Love how it's laid out by size though, very handy.
    I used to buy lots of Animal t-shirts there before their quality went to sh1te. I find it best for shoes now, got some great Superdry boots last Winter for €40 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It really is hit or miss. They do have lovely stuff in homewares. I think it does depend on the stores. I've been in a few of them, Galway, Letterkenny and Derry are quite good; St Stephens green and port laoise were rubbish.
    My husband got a load of clothes during the summer in Derry and my son got a few bits too as he is between kids and adult sizes in normal shops so an extra small men's fit him and some kids sizes go up to to 13 or 14 year old.
    Athlone store opening this week, should be in over the weekend for a nosy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I love the luck of the draw in there!

I get a lot of skincare, handbags, underwear and work clothes there.

It can be frustrating if you're looking for something particular though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Yeah, I never go in looking for anything specifically. If I'm going shopping just to look around, I usually give my self 1.5 to 2 hours in there depending on the amount of time I have. I know the place is a mess but at least it's organised by size and clothing type. I do love the thrill of finding something absolutely amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I love it for getting stuff like shoes, socks, homewares and presents- they often have some really great books that you wouldn't see anywhere else, but that are really cool.

I've gotten so many pairs of shoes & boots in there it's unreal- I got an amazing pair of duck boots in one in Belfast last year for about €50- they're easily €140 anywhere else and built like tanks.

I wouldn't go in going "right, I need an outfit for a thing tomorrow", but you'd be surprised what you can pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Agreed, I wouldn't be going in for something in particular cos you won't find it. Go in with a open mind and have a good browse around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

I've worked in TkMAxx for 4 years in a very big and busy shopping center,good few years ago.
    I can say from visiting it couple of times in the past year, that the product has really gone down hill.
    My guess from knowing people who had interaction with TkMaxx outside of Ireland, is that unfortunately we get here what hasn't been dropped off in TkMaxx UK (don't quote me on it, it's my observation and a guesstimate).

I'm guessing you guys want some tips for shopping there :D

Deliveries don't stop throughout the day, and the staff or managers don't know what's coming. But if you come in around 11-12, you will be greeted with a very tidy store and some fresh stock from the new delivery.Deliveries could be a mix of things, or it can be just a truck full for one department.

Reductions are done on daily basis. Every item is scanned in (usually from the back of the department, all the way to the front). So if you see people with scanners close to the department you're shopping in, you may be better off walking away from there for some time, until they're finished. You never know what you could be saving money on. Because from what I remember, if the item doesn't have a reduced red sticker on it, the system doesn't catch it at the till, so you might be paying a higher price than you would.

What you see is what you get, so if you see something you like or might want to come back for, you're better off buying it and returning it if you don't fancy the item(you can return in any TkMaxx store nationwide).I've seen people trying to hide something in the back of the "back" of the hangars, only to come back and not find the item 2-3hrs later.

For small sizes both in men's and women's, I can advice you to check trough kids section for ages 15-16. You can run into some great brands and sizes, at much cheaper price than you would pay for "adult" sizes.

I buy 90% of my shoes there, and I feel pretty much spoiled for the price I pay. So if you're looking for shoes, it's the first place you should visit. If you found a pair you like, and don't see your size, have a quick run trough other size sections, because things like this do get mixed up. Again small women's and men's sizes, you should always check trough kids section to see if you can find a bargain.

Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I used to live over a TK maxx for 3 years and i used to know what times they would get delivery out it was so handy to plan on what time to go into the store at for bargains. As a guy you cant plan on what you might find in there just have a basic idea of what you wont and if you see something you like carry it around with you or you might be sorry you missed out on it.

For Brands if some brand you have no clue about says 60 euros down to 20 euros for a t shirt get out your phone and google it and see does it really cost that and if it does you have a bargain.

There bigger stores for mans wear have a Mod Box area and the stuff is fantastic and really different and the stuff is so much cheaper then what you would pay on ASOS for the brands.

The sales rails will be your friend as a lad if you into where different style of stuff and very bold and loud stuff like myself. As you never know what your going to find in them. Over the years i have got some crazy bargains like bench real leather jacket 270 euros down to 36, 7 for all man kind shirt 150 down to 19, All Saints Daiam jacket 170 down to 42, kurt geiger shoes 140 down to 20.

You just have to keep your eyes open and visit them daily if your near one as whats 5 to 10 mins a day having a look around.

Tk Maxx is probably one of my fave shops to shop in as you just don't know what you might find. From mens wear to homeware and to kitchen stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find TK Maxx can be very hit and miss but is always worth a look. I tend to go in early in the day so the shop isn't very busy. I tend to buy bags, knitwear, jackets and kitchenware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I LOVE TK Maxx. They have amazing stuff! You might have to spend a little more time than usual looking but you can grab real bargains. They have an online shop too...I buy a few things every so often there. I use my NI Parcel Motel address as they only ship to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hit and miss. I average 7 try-ons for one purchase (IOW, I have to bring 7 items in to try on to find one that I like / fit).

I generally go for t shirts, casual shirts, and sometimes sweaters / knitwear. I remember about 8 years ago I bought a green snow coat with detachable inside and I still have it, was the warmest coat I ever bought.

I'll normally come out of TK Max with something if I go in there and try stuff on. You can't argue with the prices, esp if you are buying something like a Penguin t shirt. I'd like to see more brands that I like (Pretty Green, Paul Smith, Diesel) and some new stuff that I haven't seen like MaStrum or Stone Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I love TK Max and I love the staff there. They are always so nice. I tried on 3 lovely dresses in there today fortunately not my size either a little big or a little tight but I will buy one when I get one I like and at a good price.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement