Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox video

Options
  • 14-09-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I was browsing on my laptop around Microsoft video, I was logged in with my account. Saw Mad Max fury road was out, got excited and rented in (checked the rental supported xbox), I paid in dollars but didn't think much about it.

I then later logged on to my Xbox and expected to see fury road there. But it wasn't there. Under my videos.

A bit more investigation and Fury road isn't out in Europe!

So the question is, how do I get to my rental ? I would love to watch fury road tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Smoggy wrote: »
    I was browsing on my laptop around Microsoft video, I was logged in with my account. Saw Mad Max fury road was out, got excited and rented in (checked the rental supported xbox), I paid in dollars but didn't think much about it.

I then later logged on to my Xbox and expected to see fury road there. But it wasn't there. Under my videos.

A bit more investigation and Fury road isn't out in Europe!

So the question is, how do I get to my rental ? I would love to watch fury road tonight.

Is your laptop avoiding regional restrictions? could be why it showed up there and not on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

It should show up in your purchase history on your Xbox. Although I was looking at the Irish store earlier and the movie is not available to rent until October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Is your laptop avoiding regional restrictions? could be why it showed up there and not on xbox one?

I use unblock-us.com, so could have been running a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

It should show up in your purchase history on your Xbox. Although I was looking at the Irish store earlier and the movie is not available to rent until October

It did show as a purchase. I ended up with xbox support. No explanation was made as to why I could buy it, but they refunded me.

Shame, I really wanted to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Smoggy wrote: »
    It did show as a purchase. I ended up with xbox support. No explanation was made as to why I could buy it, but they refunded me.

Shame, I really wanted to see it.

The store is cross platform but Region restricted. So you could buy from your laptop, but not watch it on your Xbox. Or to put it another way, if your Xbox was in the U.S., you could buy from the Irish store and watch it there seeing as your console was in the appropriate region

• Advertisement
Advertisement