Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homies Wood - access issues?

Options
  • 14-09-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Going to be in Killarney for a few days next week and we were thinking of visiting Tomies Wood and O'Sullivan's Cascade. However, while Googling for details of the loop walk, I cam across this article on the Examiner. Extract:
    The Department of Arts, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht is, reportedly, understood to be taking a legal route to have public access to a section of Killarney National Park restored.

For the past two weeks, locals and visitors have been stopped from entering Tomies Wood, a popular walking area, near Beaufort on the western side of the park in Co Kerry.

I can't find any update - does anyone know if this been resolved or is access still blocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Judge wrote: »
    Hi,

Going to be in Killarney for a few days next week and we were thinking of visiting Tomies Wood and O'Sullivan's Cascade. However, while Googling for details of the loop walk, I cam across this article on the Examiner. Extract:

I can't find any update - does anyone know if this been resolved or is access still blocked?

Issue not resolved AFAIK and no entrance to Tomies Woods except from the Lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

newman10 wrote: »
    Issue not resolved AFAIK and no entrance to Tomies Woods except from the Lakes.

Thanks. :mad:

Advertisement