Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection dropping makes streaming impossible.

Options
  • 14-09-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,963 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the time i get a decent download speed over WiFi. 12mb+ which i find ok, even though I'm paying for 25mb. Every so often, maybe 2-3 times per hour my connection speeds drop to near nothing which  you can imagine makes streaming very frustrating if not impossible

Is this something that can be fixed, as I have sky telling me they will provide a more stable connection but I have my  doubts. 

Also eFibre is available less than half a mile from me, but I can't get it. Does this mean I'm unlikely  ever get it or will  then bebe spread out from that point. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Quazzie wrote: »
    Most of the time i get a decent download speed over WiFi. 12mb+ which i find ok, even though I'm paying for 25mb. Every so often, maybe 2-3 times per hour my connection speeds drop to near nothing which  you can imagine makes streaming very frustrating if not impossible

Is this something that can be fixed, as I have sky telling me they will provide a more stable connection but I have my  doubts. 

Also eFibre is available less than half a mile from me, but I can't get it. Does this mean I'm unlikely  ever get it or will  then bebe spread out from that point. 
    Hi Quazzie

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this. It sounds quite odd that only at specific times does the speed drop and in consideration the best advice I can offer you is to get in touch directly with eircoms technical support team when the drop occurs. You can reach technical support in free phone 1901, Local 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eircom.net/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28,963 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hi Quazzie

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this. It sounds quite odd that only at specific times does the speed drop and in consideration the best advice I can offer you is to get in touch directly with eircoms technical support team when the drop occurs. You can reach technical support in free phone 1901, Local 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eircom.net/chatnow

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that. I actually resorted to posting here because I couldn't find an actual number of technical support.

The drop in connection speed is short, less than a minute, then it goes back to its usual 12mb but it's enough in that minute to make streaming a real PITA. For most normal browsing it isn't noticed so it's something that could be happening a long time for all I know. I'll contact Tech Support this evening when I'm home and see what they recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Quazzie

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that. I actually resorted to posting here because I couldn't find an actual number of technical support.

The drop in connection speed is short, less than a minute, then it goes back to its usual 12mb but it's enough in that minute to make streaming a real PITA. For most normal browsing it isn't noticed so it's something that could be happening a long time for all I know. I'll contact Tech Support this evening when I'm home and see what they recommend.
    Cheers Quazzie

Feel free to let me know how you get on with them tomorrow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement