Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Un-wanted automatic renewal

Options
  • 14-09-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have just received a car insurance disc from Liberty insurance which I did not want. I received this today (at 7pm) and the policy takes effect tomorrow!!!???

I ignored the renewal letter I received as I did not want to renew the policy, receiving the disc at 7pm leaves me with no way to cancel before the policy (which I never agreed to) takes effect!

I have sent an e-mail clearly stating that I want to cancel, and I am posting this message here.

I have found a much cheaper policy and signed for it weeks ago, I am going to the bank first thing tomorrow morning to block the direct debit with liberty insurance.

I have not been given even 1 working days notice of this policy, the renewal letter is obviously that, a letter requesting that I renew my policy and I do not want to. How can you renew it automatically without my consent? You obviouly acknowledge that you require my consent if you sent a renewal letter. To say otherwise is to obfuscate the contract intentionally.

Please consider this message and my email confirmation that I wish to cancel this policy before it takes effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 whats_up

I've sorted this out on the phone, this is a very annoying thing to do, nobody enjoys a surprise ~€1000 bill in the post.

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

whats_up wrote: »
    I've sorted this out on the phone, this is a very annoying thing to do, nobody enjoys a surprise ~€1000 bill in the post.
    Hi Whats_up
    If you need anything further or need any further help with this please PM me with your policy details and I will look into this for you.
    Regards 
    Seán

Advertisement