Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geodirectory

Options
  • 14-09-2015 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

so, Geodirectory is melting my head.

My post goes to the wrong house, I can't get anything delivered, have to use work addresses or Parcel motel. Which of course doesn't work for things like phone bills or bank statements.

Trying to switch utilities gets my neighbours cut off from broadband, their bins not collected and electricity outages when I tried to get an electrical fault on my line repaired. And they just received my water conservation grant... Which is registered to their address, with my wprn.

Any email I send to Geodirectory goes into a black hole. I can't find any contact number for them that is answered.

Has anyone any tips for getting through to this monolith of a brick wall to get this kind of thing corrected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I used the contact option on their site recently and they replied promptly The error is adjusted for next release in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Awesome, did they tell you that? Or how can you tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

talk to your postman about your mail

pwurple wrote: »

They told me when apologising.

talk to your postman about your mail

I'd love to, but as my address doesn't exist, we don't seem to have a postman! Post office gave a bit of a shrug. Sorting office told me to contact Geodirectory.
    They told me when apologising.
    When they phoned you?

• Advertisement

I'd love to, but as my address doesn't exist, we don't seem to have a postman! Post office gave a bit of a shrug. Sorting office told me to contact Geodirectory.

When they phoned you?

No email! There's an address on the site.

No email! There's an address on the site.

Ok, will keep trying. I have put about ten messages into that contact box in the last six months, plus an email per month. No response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Do you not have an eircode ?

Here we go again. Eircodes mirror the geodirectory and are not fornuse by An Post

Yes I have an eircode. Eircodes are not geodirectory. They are the layer on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Yes I have an eircode. Eircodes are not geodirectory. They are the layer on top.
    I think his point is that if you have an Eircode then you must have an address in Geocode, an Eircode can't be assigned to non-existent address.
    However it might be worth checking finder.eircode.ie to verify the Eircode is for the correct building.

When you contacted An Post did you speak to your local post master?

slimjimmc wrote: »
    I think his point is that if you have an Eircode then you must have an address in Geocode, an Eircode can't be assigned to non-existent address.
    However it might be worth checking finder.eircode.ie to verify the Eircode is for the correct building.

When you contacted An Post did you speak to your local post master?

The eircode is for the correct building, however the address listed on the building is not my address, it is my neighbours address.

My eircode is there, on my house, but Housename, street, city = my neighbours address.

It's a post mistress, and yes, she directed me to the website, where I've been hitting a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you tried contacting them on twitter?
    Their phone number is 01-705 7005 but they're a small outfit so it's possible it could go unanswered for a while.
    Failing that, a registered letter sent to their office n the GPO should get a response.
    https://www.geodirectory.ie/Home/Contact.aspx

Advertisement