Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arduino GSM module

Options
  • 14-09-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a SIM900A GSM module on ebay for about €10 and connected it to an Arduino Nano (~$2) and got it to SMS me and ring me on various inputs. The GSM module was region locked but that was fixed by loading different firmware to it.

It seems like an ideal DIY GSM TXT project to provide simple TXT alerts but I need help deciphering some of my HKC SW8/12 alarm details. For example; am I correct in assuming that to monitor the panel outputs 1 to 4 that I need to measure the voltage between the output point (1 to 4) and the panels +12V below it? Or should I measure to the -Ve terminal? Maybe I'm just confused by the terminology in the alarm keypad. For example in the outputs menu I can set an output to be POS or NEG. What exactly does that mean because when I go to the test outputs menu for the particular output and set HI and LOW I get the same voltage whether POS or NEG (measuring from panel +12V to output). I would have expected the behavior to be flipped.

If anyone is interested I'll share the code and details here when I get it figured out.
    B

ZC07200_4.JPG

Advertisement