Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for new pads, discs and tyres on Audi A4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

We use Delphi discs quite a bit as a budget option because that's what a lot of customers want. To be fair we never have vibration or warping problems with them. The issue I have with them is that they wear quickly and seem to have poor corrosion resistance. So they very rarely last more than a single set of brake pads. Generally speaking a better quality disc will last for at least 2 sets of pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

9935452 wrote: »
    at 85 k miles the original brake discs warped on the golf, fitted delphi , 5 k miles later they warped, fitted genuine ones again 45k miles later still going strong.
    same driver , same car same conditions.
    I wouldnt fit them again
    Have done about 35k since I changed them. Definitely no warping issues with them. Not saying they are the best you can get but for the money I have gotten great value out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ferg01

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm taking it into Cardock in Dublin next week for a look. They've given me a quite for €480 for ATE hardware. How does ATE rate compared to Brembo and Jurid?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Eireplates

ATE are OEM (Original Audi) suppliers.

I fitted them to my own B8 A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

ATE are very good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

9935452 wrote: »
    at 85 k miles the original brake discs warped on the golf, fitted delphi , 5 k miles later they warped, fitted genuine ones again 45k miles later still going strong.
    same driver , same car same conditions.
    I wouldnt fit them again

I agree, had Delphi discs and pads on one of the 156's and never rated them. Wore out quickly but suits the standard Irish mindset of just getting the cheapest thing they can find :)

I personally prefer not to cheap out on brakes or tyres. I stick to OEM brakes and GoodYear tyres mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

166man wrote: »
    I agree, had Delphi discs and pads on one of the 156's and never rated them. Wore out quickly but suits the standard Irish mindset of just getting the cheapest thing they can find :)

I personally prefer not to cheap out on brakes or tyres. I stick to OEM brakes and GoodYear tyres mainly.

Ah yes, the Irish mindset. "I got them cheeeeep and I love getting my value out of them because I'm miserable and never drive above 35kmh, the speed of the devil, on my fortnightly stockpile shopping trip to lidl in ballygokissmearse"

Saddos that shouldn't exist, but sadly we have to put up with :rolleyes:

I had Delphi discs at the rear that lasted as expected but I have seen plenty of cases where they warp way too soon after installation.

So either we have liars, people that use the brakes "sparingly" or people that never drive the car at all. All of the aforementioned the type to contradict what was just said!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

We use Delphi discs quite a bit as a budget option because that's what a lot of customers want. To be fair we never have vibration or warping problems with them. The issue I have with them is that they wear quickly and seem to have poor corrosion resistance. So they very rarely last more than a single set of brake pads. Generally speaking a better quality disc will last for at least 2 sets of pads.

Delphi discs only lasting the lifetime of the pads are you sure?

Advertisement