Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College website blocked?

Options
  • 14-09-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Eircom eFibre customer, tried to access Cork Institute of Technology website this evening and received the below message.

This can't be serious, can it? I can understand blocking P2P/filesharing sites, but blocking an official third-level institute website is ridiculous. As a full-time student I can't envisage staying with Eircom if this is the case.

eircom_logo_small.gif 
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ACCESS TO THIS IP ADDRESS RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN BLOCKED[/font]

If you have questions or concerns that you would like to discuss please contact:
    eircom broadband support on 1890 260 260.
    Meteor support on 1905.
    eMobile support on 1 800 690000.

Customers of other operators
    If you are a customer with another operator please contact your operator directly regarding this message. 

eircom Limited, Registered as a Branch in Ireland Number 907674, Incorporated in Jersey Number 116389. 
    Branch Address:
    1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John's Road, Dublin 8, Ireland. 
    © 2015 eircom. All rights reserved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kaki wrote: »
    Eircom eFibre customer, tried to access Cork Institute of Technology website this evening and received the below message.

This can't be serious, can it? I can understand blocking P2P/filesharing sites, but blocking an official third-level institute website is ridiculous. As a full-time student I can't envisage staying with Eircom if this is the case.

eircom_logo_small.gif 
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ACCESS TO THIS IP ADDRESS RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN BLOCKED[/font]

If you have questions or concerns that you would like to discuss please contact:
    eircom broadband support on 1890 260 260.
    Meteor support on 1905.
    eMobile support on 1 800 690000.

Customers of other operators
    If you are a customer with another operator please contact your operator directly regarding this message. 

eircom Limited, Registered as a Branch in Ireland Number 907674, Incorporated in Jersey Number 116389. 
    Branch Address:
    1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John's Road, Dublin 8, Ireland. 
    © 2015 eircom. All rights reserved.
    Hi Kai

The Cork Institute of Technology website is definitely not blocked - I have arranged it to be tested from a number of eircom connections at different sites and all attempts were successful. The best advice I can offer is to change your browser and if that does not help please contact the support teams on the numbers above.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement