Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip products changing colour

Options
  • 14-09-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me find a solution or maybe someone else has this problem.

Today I used Rimmel Exaggerate East End Snob liner all over my lips but shortly after I noticed rather than the pink shade I'd put on it had become a deep mauve almost plum colour. My lips aren't a super deep/pale colour or have a huge amount of pigmentation so it wasn't as if the dark colour of my lips was coming through the liner.

I've only ever noticed this with one other lip product that I have and that's the Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit liquid lipstick and I thought a lot of that was just due to the type of product it was.
    I have sheerer lipsticks, lip glosses and other liners that don't do this (aside obviously from slight changes that come with every different lip type) but these two change massively.

I have two other Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners (Addiction and Epic) that don't do this so I don't think its the specific product. No other Sleek ones though.
    But neither do I think its my lips because they are not deeply pigmented or overtly pale.

Unfortunatley I can't post picture sorry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

How old as the gloss? It could be gone off. Some coloured cosmetics do oxidise but I can't sat i've ever noticed it with Rimmel glosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

How old as the gloss? It could be gone off. Some coloured cosmetics do oxidise but I can't sat i've ever noticed it with Rimmel glosses.

The rimmel one is a liner and a few weeks old and the liquid lipstick is about 2months old

Advertisement