Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java IDE's

Options
  • 14-09-2015 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I changed jobs recently and I'm having to move from C# and Visual Studio to Java based stuff.

I recently tried creating a forms application and ran into quite a few issues. I was flicking between Eclipse and IntelliJ and found it hard to create just a basic forms program. When I finally got one of those IDE's to let me add a form, I couldn't drag and drop controls the same way I could in VS. The controls just seemed to snap into certain positions and I couldn't freely move them around.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there an easier way to create Java forms applications similar to how I would have done in VS?

Comments

Advertisement