Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Joeface

Jayop wrote: »
    Would you drive it yourself? ;)

I am only here to provide options to others and avoid answering your direct question

I have Renault 25 but I need an auto gearbox for it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Joeface wrote: »
    I am only here to provide options to others and avoid answering your direct question

I have Renault 25 but I need an auto gearbox for it .

lol good answer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1992-1-5-lsi/11861208

53923466.jpeg

It isn't a bargain, and the test should be longer but six months tax nonetheless and look at how clean it is! I would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Joeface wrote: »
    I am only here to provide options to others

That's against the rules of this thread. Only post cars that you would actually drive yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1992-1-5-lsi/11861208

53923466.jpeg

It isn't a bargain, and the test should be longer but six months tax nonetheless and look at how clean it is! I would love it.

Brilliant find !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Truckermal wrote: »
    Brilliant find !!!!!

Hard to believe it's 24 years old, I remember lusting after them when they were just out, the chalk and cheese Adverts for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I can see the appeal but I'd rather the equivalent GTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It somehow manages to be incredibly cool, beautiful and ugly all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think if you bought that fiat you'd always be annoyed thinking you should have bought the turbo version.
    I really like them though. Aged well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭alias no.9

CianRyan wrote: »
    I can see the appeal but I'd rather the equivalent GTV.

The interior facelift (1998ish) in the GTV would be a must, the original looked a bit like a '90s Hyundai. The Coupe should be insurable as a classic now, you've a few more years to get a classic policy on a facelifted GTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Jayop wrote: »
    It somehow manages to be incredibly cool, beautiful and ugly all at once.

Chris Bangle at his best/worst all in one. He could never be accused of sitting on the fence that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I know of a well sorted 2002 Opel Astra, blue hatchback with some NCT for ~€500. Can provide more info if there's any interest.

Brasso wrote: »
    Claims to be a one owner Irish car too.

3 owners in Ireland

Unless he shows us the service history of the first few pages in the service book (or otherwise "prove" it's an Irish car), we can presume it had another few owners in the UK. So not 1 owner but 3-6 owners.

Why do people keep lying about the number of owners? Are they just so stupid they think they won't be found out? Or does the likely buyer just believe whatever they are told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Chris Bangle at his best/worst all in one. He could never be accused of sitting on the fence that's for sure.
    To buy one in silver is just wrong in that context - it's a sitting on the fence colour.
    Needs broom yellow for ultimate polarisation. Red or blue also acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Somebody should go buy that 92 red civic, I had a few of them years ago and I'd love to have one again. You probably won't find it easy to insure it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Somebody should go buy that 92 red civic, I had a few of them years ago and I'd love to have one again. You probably won't find it easy to insure it though.

If your only transferring over from another car you should have no problem. It will probably be a bit more difficult opening a new policy on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If your only transferring over from another car you should have no problem.[...]
    Next year renewal would be likely steep. :cool:

joujoujou wrote: »

Switch back before renewal and then switch to the Civic again after renewal. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

GvidoR wrote: »
    Switch back before renewal and then switch to the Civic again after renewal. :pac:
    Switch back to what?

Keeping second car for the sake of it?

Nonsense.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

joujoujou wrote: »

That will depend on various factors. You'll have a fair idea anyway when changing over if it's going to go up a lot at renewal. If a car is more expensive to insure than the one you currently drive they'll usually add a charge when changing over, if it's not they won't. That's my experience of it anyway, I suppose every insurer is different though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭selectamatic

A lot will depend on the age and years NCB of the person in question. U25's with less than 3 years NCB will most likely find eg civics very hard/near impossible to insure

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-200-2-0-2000/11867287

53958600.jpeg

NCT for nearly a year, looks in very good order..which is rare for one of these, manual too which will float a few boats, would be a superb buy at €1k (asking €1250)

Alternatively..if you're looking for fun on a budget

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-ford-ka-1-6i-sport-nct-9-16-1150e/11787669

53474545.jpeg

Not just any Ka...but a Sport 1.6i, I've heard very good things about these. They look quite cool and not as dinky as the regular ones

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/11871783

53983409.jpeg

Miles are high enough at 170k..but nevertheless an e12 with test until 2017 and service history, three keys, new tires etc for €1300 is surely a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

The KA, would raise a few eye brows too, bit of a sleeper!

Nice find! Potentially had a lot of owners though. I'd be tempted to ask someone with access to this info. Someone posted a cheap Audi TT in here recently. I was tempted but then I found out it had had 10 owners :D

Good value though! They rarely come up with test for this kinda money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I'm so stupidly tempted. Must resist...

• Advertisement

It doesn't have pop-up lights though. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement