Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

500 quid before you start to haggle. Good jayziz that's silly cheap. (Does say it's off beat which probably means coil pack. 200 quid fix so its still for nothing)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-9-3-2-0-turbo-aero-500-euro/11861903

OVNO so I wonder if you went with 400e would it take it?
    Its unreal that yoke.. Wont stay long I bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Another cheapie. These 'Hard to insure' older cars are going to be bought for a song. This thing will last forever.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-623i-new-nct-01-17/11684655

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

Another cheapie. These 'Hard to insure' older cars are going to be bought for a song. This thing will last forever.

Honda accord engine and gearbox!

Is that the only other car with those?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

(Does say it's off beat which probably means coil pack. 200 quid fix so its still for nothing)

That's a bit of an assumption, although chances are you're right. Do I see the engine light is on?

I think the slant engine has individual coils, shouldn't be more than about €30 for one and in stock in any motors factors.

A bangernomics boss would bring an OBDII reader and google the code(s) on his phone. If the code says a coil, tell the man you'll come back later, buy a coil, ask for a few minutes alone with the car, fit the coil, run the engine and if good, hand over your €400 :cool:

Taxed till the end of April and only 2 owners from new. Lovely car too. I'm tempted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

unkel wrote: »
    Jag already down to €1,300. That's more like it :D

Probably get it for a grand...

My elderly mother is looking for a run around. She's thinking micra, I'm thinking jag.
    Maybe I should excuse myself from car advising duties

I like your style :D

Only in Ireland could you buy a v6 jag and turbo charged Saab for less than 2k all in..
    I need to stop looking at this feckin thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

Was going to ring about this until I saw the nct photo...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-passat/11772971

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

dbrunson wrote: »

What am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

What am I missing?

Something to do with the mileage maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

mileage figure on the previous nct reading 300k+

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

"Genuine perfect car" lol, should have read "genuine clocked car"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Akrasia wrote: »
    My elderly mother is looking for a run around. She's thinking micra, I'm thinking jag.
    Maybe I should excuse myself from car advising duties

See if her local health officer can classify a 4wd v6 jag as a "mobility aid" and you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

mileage figure on the previous nct reading 300k+

where did u see the previous nct?

I'm dreading it. Little sh1tty diesel Chinese / Korean sh1tboxes all around :(

You already see at least 75% fewer nice cars around these days compared with just 10 years ago. Classic cars are mostly gone too.

Sit around outside Hyde Park before a gig if you want to depress yourself about nice cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

where did u see the previous nct?

Tis in the pic with the nct disc. Have a look at the left of the cert and you'll see the previous odometer reading of 300k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Arkady wrote: »
    Fugly sonata. Asking € 800

I like something a bit different.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-hyundai-sonata-2-0-petrol-nct/11389010

51426461.jpeg

I genuinely think that's a good looking car!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Agree, I always thought they were like a mix between the old (90's) and new (00's) Jaguar X types

It's like they have a certain elegance about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Agree, I always thought they were like a mix between the old (90's) and new (00's) Jaguar X types

I know a rep who used one as his daily for nearly 10 years and it had almost 500k miles on it. 2.0 petrol aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

That's a bit of an assumption, although chances are you're right. Do I see the engine light is on?

I think the slant engine has individual coils, shouldn't be more than about €30 for one and in stock in any motors factors.

Don't think it's the check engine light - it's usually at the bottom of the panel between the rev and speed dials. Pretty sure it's the B204 or B205 engine in this which has the DIC pack rather than individual coils - they've gone very expensive but you should be able to pick one up for e50-60 from breakers yard. I'd check the VIN code to confirm that it's actually an Aero (or make sure you're satisfied from the test drive!).

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Totally agree ... but was very disappointed with the interior when I took one for a test drive a couple of years ago - had a very spartan and plastic feel inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

A bit of luxury for less than €2,000.

NCT 10/16, some tax claimed but no disc shown, 2.8 engine, €1950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-2-8l-nctd/10935162

49236600.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

shocked-face.png

'00 318Ci, NCT until '17, taxed until the end of next month. 18" wheels, nearly new tyres, leather, sunroof, everything electric works, drives nicely and engine sounds smooth. Just had oil and filters. €550.

381595.jpg

Oops I did it again!

'00 318Ci, NCT until '17, taxed until the end of next month. 18" wheels, nearly new tyres, leather, sunroof, everything electric works, drives nicely and engine sounds smooth. Just had oil and filters. €550.

381595.jpg

Oops I did it again!

What a bargain. Someone will give 5 times this figure for it in 10-15 years. Loving the colour match on the wing though :-)

381595.jpg

Oops I did it again!

The alpinas alone would be worth close to that asking price!!

Always liked the HRV, one of the most trouble free cars around. Bargain.

Shame about the bruising down the side. :( But even so....

• Advertisement

Nice looking example of a frameless 323f. Long nct. High miles, but still passing test. €600

53969977.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement