Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

This looks to be an absolute corker. Body looks straight and true and interior is a nice colour and clean. Long NCT and relatively low miles. An import, but imported over 10 years ago.

Get this before some asshole welds the diff and ruins it. €600 :D

54198467.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The 318Ci is no beauty queen. Needs a thorough wash inside and out, there's a rip in the drivers side seat, some very interesting repairs / paint attempts on the body and 199k miles on it
    bear1 wrote: »
    The alpinas alone would be worth close to that asking price!!

They're a nice bonus for sure. Should the car die tomorrow, the scrap value of the car plus what I would get for the wheels + tyres would be very close to what I paid for it, perhaps even fully cover it

The ad was a terrible ad, with terrible pictures and terrible description. I love ads like that, there's very few people interested in ads like that. Thus the price can go downnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/19977-nissan-almera-full-nct-just-passed-500euros/11874975

54004878.jpeg

As bland as you'll get, but for €500 (or under) it will see you motoring to and probably through the next test in a year's time.

Supplied new by local garage, and hasn't moved too far. Low miles, long NCT. Arguable more pretty 2-door. Good colour if somewhat scuffed, but looks honest. €950

54144073.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

This may be a stupid question but here goes. When you guys post up a picture, how do I see the actual ad? I am on my phone and no link comes up other than the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This may be a stupid question but here goes. When you guys post up a picture, how do I see the actual ad? I am on my phone and no link comes up other than the photo.

I usually post the link to the ad as part of the photo's URL so its clickable.

Just tap the photo.

(edit: unkels red BMW is not clickable though....)

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

When I click on it all I get is a photo of the car. It must be because I'm on the phone.

Ah wait, I went to the full version and now it is working ok. Thanks lads.

I used to post in here with clickable pictures but people were giving out they couldn't click the links on mobile

Since then I put up a picture and have a separate "linky" called "linky" that people can click on
    (edit: unkels red BMW is not clickable though....)

That's because it's not an ad. It's a picture I took as soon as I drove the car home :)

Since then 4 little girls have washed it inside and out. Will be interesting to see it in the daylight tomorrow :p

Those "no detail/crap picture" ads are sometimes the best kind, unkel :D I've bought a few cars like that. A lot of people would go straight onto the next ad but a phone call and/or quick look at the car never hurt anybody.

• Advertisement

Quick VIN check shows I have the optional sports suspension settings - nice one!

Automatic aircon (haven't tried if it worked) and BMW BUSINESS RADIO (meh), CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS (not present in boot :p), the rest all a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

unkel wrote: »
    Quick VIN check shows I have the optional sports suspension settings - nice one!

Automatic aircon (haven't tried if it worked) and BMW BUSINESS RADIO (meh), CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS (not present in boot :p), the rest all a bit meh

I'd be very interested in your wheels should you decide to part with them. Scrap prices apply of course ;)

Everything is for sale. Make me an offer I can't refuse - including sourcing me another set of wheels / tyres

I'm no fan of 18" wheels. They look good, but I prefer driving smaller ones. We could be in a win-win situation here.

unkel wrote: »

That's because it's not an ad. It's a picture I took as soon as I drove the car home :)

Yeah, I figured as uch, just wanted to be sure that he wasnt trying to click that picture abd expecting an ad. Looks well with those wheels, good luck with it. I saw the blue 318CI with leaky vanos seals and was tempted too.... :pac:

Something for the attention seekers, or those who like something a little bit different:

1997 Lancia Ypsilon with 2 months tax and NCT till end of the year. Pure Punto underneath, so no issues with parts, and they have the 1.2 16v so economical and reliable. €975

Like the integrale evo's, they are only LHD... :D

52223016.jpeg

You might want to think of moving the air filter from above the exhaust if you do buy it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy-est-autofsh4wd-1500/11914508

54228591.jpeg

Its a late model older version, which I think still looks very fresh. A 2.0 auto n/a will not take everyone's interest, but a fresh 15 month NCT with no advisories is probably the real appeal for someone looking for a reliable family car. €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Absolutely love that Legacy!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s70-solid-as-a-rock/11913814

54224221.jpeg

Yes its pricey - and the miles are high - but its solid 5 cyl diesel motoring with 9 months tax and a years test for less than €2k. No advisories on the test either. When you consider the tax on a 15 year old diesel car (its going to be 1.9 - 2.5 for the most part) this is about what you'd be paying (say €1-odd k for a diesel with no tax + the price of tax etc)

I doubt it would be wise for him to refuse a €1500 cash offer. And at that, it's very nice bangernomics. At least until the tax runs out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

GvidoR wrote: »
    Absolutely love that Legacy!

.... here's an 04 with low mileage but I'd still prefer the 03 - pity about the non-turbo:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-subaru-legacy-est-auto-triptronic-awd/11893686

54116256.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

00 Camry - NCT out in May but asking <€500:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-camry-nct-amp-tax/11824374

53695906.jpeg

• Advertisement

Lads, what are the rules on putting our own cars up here? I will be putting my Civic on donedeal at some point this week and would like some pointers on the ad.

Lads, what are the rules on putting our own cars up here? I will be putting my Civic on donedeal at some point this week and would like some pointers on the ad.

Perfectly acceptable once you state its your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can use this thread to sell. PM me if you have questions
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057559228

Sweet Jesus, have I got a bargain for you...

1994 Nissan Primera 1.6
    11 months NCT
    7 months tax
    59k miles
    Clean
    Claims to have FSH and 1 owner (checked, seller is 2nd owner)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-primera-1994-1-6-petrol-nct-03-17-tax-10/11914885

It has been for sale for a while now, posted twice before. I'm surprised it isn't sold, but it isn't exactly an appealing car and no doubt the insurance epidemic is part of the reason.

I love the floor mats!

Wow, I'd imagine that would be sold in a day. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It was a wee bit dearer the last times though I'd say it should sell at that price now

It was a wee bit dearer the last times though I'd say it should sell at that price now

Started at €999, then €699 and now €599.

It initially came up for sale just after I had gotten my Tipo, I probably would have bought it otherwise. €500 would probably drive it away and thats a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Forget hiring cars anymore, its more cost effective to buy a banger drive it for two weeks and leave it at the airport when I fly home. Last car hire in Ireland was $1800, ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Forget hiring cars anymore, its more cost effective to buy a banger drive it for two weeks and leave it at the airport when I fly home. Last car hire in Ireland was $1800, ouch

Taxing it and insuring it would wipe out all profits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement