Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-avensis-1-8-auto-nct-03-17-gas-conversion-60mpg/11849276

MzQ3ZDk3OTJkZjk3YjNmZjdmMGYzMzhhMjNmMGVmYzmKBR0AUm-832ZPA8xqmuNGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Mzg1MjE1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A fairly safe/reliable (read: boring!) introduction to LPG motoring. In fairness though it looks immaculately clean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Anyone know do those outbacks have a hi/low ratio selector like the Subaru's of old?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Anyone know do those outbacks have a hi/low ratio selector like the Subaru's of old?

I think the Forrester had hi-lo on the n/a but not on the turbo, not sure about the Legacy/Outback

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I have an 06 Outback and it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I guess there is no spare wheel in the LPG Avensis?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

GvidoR wrote: »
    I guess there is no spare wheel in the LPG Avensis?

The most sensible solution is to put the LPG tank where the regular size spare wheel was and use space-saver spare wheel.

That's how it looked with my Bravo yeeeeeears back...

210lo37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

I am unable to post links from done deal
    Saab 9000
    nct Mar 17
    €1,550
    2.3 turbo
    I'd love to own it. It must not be collectible condition I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

crazyjim wrote: »
    I am unable to post links from done deal
    Saab 9000
    nct Mar 17
    €1,550
    2.3 turbo
    I'd love to own it. It must not be collectible condition I assume

Yep, mentioned on a previous page.

His reason for selling is unique :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

When starts season for cars selling this car with that year go for 3000 easy. I just dont have that much time.

Ya gotta love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,203 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ya gotta love it :D

English - do you speak it, mofo?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I think the Forrester had hi-lo on the n/a but not on the turbo, not sure about the Legacy/Outback
    curiousb wrote: »
    I have an 06 Outback and it doesn't.

I would have assumed any N/A manual AWD Subaru at least up to 2008 had dual range.
    A Forester N/A manual definitely should. Turbos don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He is looking for €1,900 then gets offers of €1,950 and €2,000 which he doesn't accept.

That car is already sold maybe elsewhere and the ad hasn't been updated or the seller is a time waster

Next banger :D

How about this little beauty:

BMW E46 325Ci Convertible, auto, low miles, taxed until the end of this month. Tested until the end of next month (so needs a bit of a check over). Looks like a (nearly) full service history

Asking just €1,650

MmI3MGRhOTE2ZTc1MTdkNmIwNGU3ZjAyNjBkZWMyYTeIeyOmEwEJaABfY-YytAKAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NTAxODE3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Short test on it but it's a beautiful car. :)

7 series wheels!

Nice car for the Summer. I'd nearly be inclined (if I was in the market) to say "heres X amount more, if you put it through a test"

Or just get it checked over if you don't trust yourself. The engine / drive train in these are very strong and there is plenty of service history. If it drives well and everything works, I'd risk buying it myself. And I am very far from being anything close to being a mechanic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

unkel wrote: »
    Or just get it checked over if you don't trust yourself. The engine / drive train in these are very strong and there is plenty of service history. If it drives well and everything works, I'd risk buying it myself. And I am very far from being anything close to being a mechanic :D

Wishbones and bushes are about €350-€400 each side plus labour from BMW. Even after market ones are €150 ish each plus labour. I know because I did my ones last year :p
    Still a nice car though if it checks out. Funny thing is the same car in the UK would make 3k sterling. The tax here is the killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

emeldc wrote: »
    Funny thing is the same car in the UK would make 3k sterling. The tax here is the killer.

I heard of people buying cars in the UK and importing them to Ireland, paying VRT etc on entry. Does doing it the opposite way around ever make any sense e.g exporting to the UK ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I would have assumed any N/A manual AWD Subaru at least up to 2008 had dual range.
    A Forester N/A manual definitely should. Turbos don't.

No idea about the Forester, but my Outback definitely doesn't. It might have AWD but it is not built as an off-road machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

curiousb wrote: »
    No idea about the Forester, but my Outback definitely doesn't. It might have AWD but it is not built as an off-road machine.
    A petrol manual Outback is a fairly rare beast I'd say, most here seem to be auto. Was it an irish car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

emeldc wrote: »
    Wishbones and bushes are about €350-€400 each side plus labour from BMW. Even after market ones are €150 ish each plus labour. I know because I did my ones last year :p
    Still a nice car though if it checks out. Funny thing is the same car in the UK would make 3k sterling. The tax here is the killer.

Wishbones are the obvious ones, but corroded brake lines seem to be an increasingly common issue for these ( and a lot of other cars). Doing it right requires dripping at least the fuel tank. Not a deal breaker, but watch for it and know how much it costs to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Was there also an issue with the rear subframe mounting points cracking on those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭selectamatic

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Was there also an issue with the rear subframe mounting points cracking on those?

As far as I know it's more of a tearing problem as opposed to cracking and it's caused by rear subframe bushes being severely neglected thus allowing too much movement in the entire subframe assembley

Another reason why I'd be very reluctant going near a car that hasn't had a valid test for a long time...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-class-e-240-avantgarde-1-owner-f-/11981331

MTcxYmFjMmI5YTdlNWI5OWJlYWZmNmJkYjM2OWRmYzJNayTgbAtyU0PowwiXGRGQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDYxODU3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking 1 owner e240 with NCT until 2017. You don't often see nice examples of this model

Love it. Indeed one owner and the ad doesn't say it specifically, but the car is also taxed till the end of the month. It shows the disc and it is valid

Extremely smooth and comfortable car.

I wonder would it have a huge service history? You'd kind of expect so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

unkel wrote: »
    Love it. Indeed one owner and the ad doesn't say it specifically, but the car is also taxed till the end of the month. It shows the disc and it is valid

Extremely smooth and comfortable car.

I wonder would it have a huge service history? You'd kind of expect so.

They really are a beautiful car to travel in. Don't know if it's as tidy as is being claimed but the drivers wing seems a funny colour in more than one photo. Its a cheap car to fair though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Just over budget but surely bought with change from 2 grand. There'll be no queue to his door.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-sonata/12033043

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement