Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

And another Epica. Fast becoming a regular in here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/chevrolet-epica/12025956

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You mean all 3 Epicas in the country were in this thread at some point? :p

€2k for a minty '08 auto last year seemed great value, €1600 for a mediocre '07 manual this year a lot less.

Still straight 6 petrol motoring and well under 10 years old with a full years NCT. I don't think any other saloon out there can match that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just over budget but surely bought with change from 2 grand. There'll be no queue to his door.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-sonata/12033043

I wouldn't be so sure. 9 year old diesel car with 110k miles on her and by no means an ugly looking yoke. If it's not sold by the weekend, it'll be gone by by this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

flazio wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. 9 year old diesel car with 110k miles on her and by no means an ugly looking yoke. If it's not sold by the weekend, it'll be gone by by this time next week.

Have to say:

I fuppin' hate that 'her' thing.

OK for a boat / ship - otherwise you are a MCP, or some such.

Call it 'it' FFS, or else say "Is she daysul?" so we all know where you're coming from.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Esel wrote: »
    Have to say:

OK for a boat / ship - otherwise you are a MCP, or some such.

Call it 'it' FFS, or else say "Is she daysul?" so we all know where you're coming from.

Jesus chill out there will ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

A petrol manual Outback is a fairly rare beast I'd say, most here seem to be auto. Was it an irish car?

Apologies, I should have said mine is an auto, not manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

curiousb wrote: »
    Apologies, I should have said mine is an auto, not manual.
    Thought that :D;) torque converter probably beats dual range manual for the jobs where you need one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Esel wrote: »
    Have to say:

eh why ?

eh why ?

What I don't understand is the OP hates the use of "her" for a car but calls them "daysul" when by the OPs logic should be "diesel".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Plenty of vehicles are called by a gender, doesn't mean anything to anyone except when it does, and then it's a personal opinion and as such is really just that individuals issue, nothing for anyone else to worry about.
    So some call their car "she", my sister calls her car "he", so what?
    We have to stop struggling to take offence at things that aren't harmful or derogatory in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

bear1 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is the OP hates the use of "her" for a car but calls them "daysul" when by the OPs logic should be "diesel".

I'd say there are far more mechanics and engineers who would take offence at people using "daysul" than there are people who take offence at the use of "her" in referring to their car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

So bargains eh???

I wonder if that one has electric front windows...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if she has electric front windows...

FYP :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Lol, snort.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if that one has electric front windows...

The mark two punto onwards had elec windows as standard.
    Fairly reliable 1.2 engine in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MK2 only had electric Windows on ELX models and higher.

Edit, you probably mean the facelift mk2 or mk2.5 as they're sometimes called

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-v6-se/12047647

YjJiNmViYzYyNmE3MjM3M2Q2OWVhYmQ2ODA2MmY5ZmZR8Y7MTh9wFa1aEYNDc4mRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDk3ODM3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

6 months test and manual no less, that'll appeal to a few - not bad really for less than a grand (just)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-v6-se/12047647

YjJiNmViYzYyNmE3MjM3M2Q2OWVhYmQ2ODA2MmY5ZmZR8Y7MTh9wFa1aEYNDc4mRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDk3ODM3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

6 months test and manual no less, that'll appeal to a few - not bad really for less than a grand (just)

The manual is a little unusual to have in these but makes them so much more fast. I still miss mine :(

Now for something completely different
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-seat-altea-1-9-tdi-tax-and-nct/11992609

colm_mcm wrote: »
    MK2 only had electric Windows on ELX models and higher.

Edit, you probably mean the facelift mk2 or mk2.5 as they're sometimes called

I did indeed.
    We've a 00 JTD one here which my parents use when they go to Italy each summer.
    00 ELX model and tbh pretty well spec'd, 5 disc cd changer, AC, 4 airbags, alloys and only 235k on it and past the NCT again this morning with no advisories.
    They are brilliant cars to go I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

2005 Primera petrol 1.6 with NCT till 10/16 €1,250

Looks better as a 5 door. Should be trouble free, as 1.6 seems less prone to issues that plagued 1.8 and 2.2dci. Mileage is relatively low for one of these.

MzJiYzE3NTY5ZTdkZTk2NDdmMTIzODk1Y2ZkMzgyN2SXYf9v1gntVBxxb_jbKIBFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDQ4MzIwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2005 Primera petrol 1.6 with NCT till 10/16 €1,250

Looks better as a 5 door. Should be trouble free, as 1.6 seems less prone to issues that plagued 1.8 and 2.2dci. Mileage is relatively low for one of these.

MzJiYzE3NTY5ZTdkZTk2NDdmMTIzODk1Y2ZkMzgyN2SXYf9v1gntVBxxb_jbKIBFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDQ4MzIwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Surely that must be very underpowered with a 1.6 engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

107 bhp

0-100kmh takes 13 seconds and top speed (supposedly) of 185kmh.

Rubbish for an autobahn, but while it won't set your pulse racing, it'll tip along nicely at 100kmh, which covers most of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Another Primera SVE,

€1,450

This time a 2005 1.8 Auto with test til October, but taxed til December!!
    Looks fairly refined too with on board Sat Nav & reverse camera.

ZjRhMzI5YmUwMjU1MDQ2N2Y2NjUxMDI1YzNiYzIyNzCFbmi2H77BLkdqyw6j-idDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NDk2ODgwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The 1.8 was underpowered. So you can imagine what a 1.6 is like. But this is bangernomics, so it works in terms of lower tax and less likely to have issues.

Anyway, I think if performance is your bag, then you wouldn't be looking anywhere near a primera! ;) You'd pick up a nice 2.0 ts 156 for that money.

• Advertisement

Another Primera SVE,

€1,450

This time a 2005 1.8 Auto with test til October, but taxed til December!!

And normal tax too, not PSV. Valid until the end of the year, so the tax is worth €450. One owner from new checks out too.

And that makes the car a bargain. Even though it is still a turd on wheels :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement