Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Nissan isn't that Japanese though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have owned Citroen's and Renault's and loved the former and hated the latter.
    I'm looking to spend the Bangernomics money but don't want anything bigger than a 1.6, though my heart wants a 9-3 or a 159!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Something like this lights my fire,
    Only an extra €200 in tax a year for a beautiful motorcar.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-1-9-vector-sport-nctd-today/12431148

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Something like this lights my fire,
    Only an extra €200 in tax a year for a beautiful motorcar.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-1-9-vector-sport-nctd-today/12431148

Been looking at slightly newer versions of these but that's a beaut at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So, getting caught up here,
    I can either spend €1500 on an 06 Primera
    or similar on an 04 407 SW.....
    Both Bangernomics, both NCT'd, the first with a 1.6 petrol engine and the other with a 1.6 diesel.
    The 407 has had the DPF and Flywheel done
    What do ye think?
    Here's the cars
    Primera
    407 SW
    I'll sell ya a 407 for half that ;)

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'll sell ya a 407 for half that ;)

Sure, throw up a link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

So, getting caught up here,
    I can either spend €1500 on an 06 Primera
    or similar on an 04 407 SW.....
    Both Bangernomics, both NCT'd, the first with a 1.6 petrol engine and the other with a 1.6 diesel.
    The 407 has had the DPF and Flywheel done
    What do ye think?
    Here's the cars
    Primera
    407 SW

I like those 407 SW's. The 1.6 diesel engine makes me nervous though with everything I've read.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I like those 407 SW's. The 1.6 diesel engine makes me nervous though with everything I've read.

The notion of those PSA electrical parts plus the diesel is turning me off.
    Then I find that the Primera is a Renault in disguise!
    Saab though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Citroen Xsara, 2005, 143,000 km. €1,299.

Loved these when they came out first when the kids were small. Only 4 months NCT left though. Still love that open bright interior.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-citroen-xsara-picasso/12299059

hyCoCUk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The notion of those PSA electrical parts plus the diesel is turning me off.
    Then I find that the Primera is a Renault in disguise!
    Saab though....
    ...is OPEL in disguise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e240/12522939

M2RkMTA1YjA5NzRjYjNjODhlMGFlZWExMDg4NjMzNGb-P3iggQA7qjeVivOZG-wLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzQxNDQyN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I really like these old barges - with the right wheels they can really look nice. €1k gets you this E240 automatic with NCT 2/17. Looks nice and original

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm looking to spend the Bangernomics money but don't want anything bigger than a 1.6, though my heart wants a 9-3 or a 159!

Difference in tax between 1.6 and 1.8 is €122 per year (€636 - €514). That's a bit over €2 a week

On a bangernomics family car that size, a 1.6 won't save you a cent in fuel over a 1.8, might be the other way around

I doubt insurance will make a cent of a difference, much more to do with your demographics and NCB than with the car

Maintenance, tyres, etc, won't make any difference

So why rule out a 1.8 when it only costs €2 per week more than a 1.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

This 407 is 1.8 and a jump up to 2007 for €1,950. 57K miles with NCT till May 2017.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-peugeoy-st-1-8-solaire-4dr/12394723

6dRljjY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

On this note, I left my 05 A4 avant in to Audi for timing belt/water pump. While they were at it they did a safety check and came back with an advisory that stated the car needed new brake disks, pads, upper and lower link arms and bushes. I asked for a quote for the work and they came back with €3400!
    I went online and bought QH stuff for €320 and had it fitted for €100.
    does your indy smoke cigars, drink brandy, a little golfing thrown in, sports weekend away with the mates no wifey, have a massive dealership leccy bill from all the lights blinding drivers rathe than highlighting his cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

I think when I last posted that it was €1500 - muchly reduced now but I suppose there aren't many people out there who would jump at one..

Edit; it was €1250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

flutered wrote: »
    does your indy smoke cigars, drink brandy, a little golfing thrown in, sports weekend away with the mates no wifey, have a massive dealership leccy bill from all the lights blinding drivers rathe than highlighting his cars

:confused:

Mileage is amazing and looks in super condition! Very late E36, which hasn't aged very well though imho. Also afaik the rear suspension is based on the E30, which was grand in the light E30 in the 80s, but very, very old skool now

For that kinda strong money, I would go for an E46. Compact or, even better, coupe.

€1000 max for that E36. Very nice but there are better cars out there, I think I posted a 04 facelifted E46 compact with fresh NCT for the same or a similar amount recently. And I always hated the location of the fuel cap on those E36 compacts, looks so out of place!

• Advertisement

First '09 in here?

Chevrolet Lacetti, only 82k km. Nearly a year NCT, 3 months tax. Decent spec, full leather.

YzM3N2YxNjI2Yjk4ODkyZjRkN2EzODllYzljNzViMjgCDMcspuQlIHFMuGIFbQVhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzM5ODk2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

:confused:

the reason for the difference in pricing perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote: »
    First '09 in here?

Chevrolet Lacetti, only 82k km. Nearly a year NCT, 3 months tax. Decent spec, full leather.

YzM3N2YxNjI2Yjk4ODkyZjRkN2EzODllYzljNzViMjgCDMcspuQlIHFMuGIFbQVhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzM5ODk2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

There was another 09 Lacetti posted in April, an estate for €1700
    €750 tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Those Lacetti's must be while crap to be selling at that money for an 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

Jayop wrote: »

Well they're while looking for a start.

Jayop wrote: »

i saw one in a dealers lot 12 months ago, 05 auto estate, €2300, i had a quite smile to my self

has anyone the pleasure/misfortune of owning or at least driving one

has anyone the pleasure/misfortune of owning or at least driving one

We have one - '06 hatchback in exact same spec as above (leather, alloys etc.). Basic, slow, and totally undesirable but cheap, comfy, solid on the road and completely reliable in the 10k miles we've had it with just oil and filters servicing.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    We have one - '06 hatchback in exact same spec as above (leather, alloys etc.). Basic, slow, and totally undesirable but cheap, comfy, solid on the road and completely reliable in the 10k miles we've had it with just oil and filters servicing.
    mpg please, the stinger in me is starting to warm up

• Advertisement

mpg please, the stinger in me is starting to warm up

I've a light foot for the most part and most driving is a mix of main roads and country roads - I do a quick calculation on every fill and would average around 40mpg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement