Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I've a light foot for the most part and most driving is a mix of main roads and country roads - I do a quick calculation on every fill and would average around 40mpg.
    thanks op, i must wait until the treasurer come and then wait until the form is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That doesn't sound too bad then. If they're economic, reliable and handy to buy they sound like banger legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jayop wrote: »
    Those Lacetti's must be while crap to be selling at that money for an 09.

Sure. But not much more crap than most other sh1t econoboxes of the time - remember all cars are pretty reliable these days. Why spend €4k on a '09 Hyundai or Kia when you can have this for less than half the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not saying your logic is wrong, but those Lacettis are next level crap to be in. They are a proper disposable, white good car. By 09 Hyundai/ Kia pretty much had their **** together. Those Lacettis are where the term fisher price interiors was coined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Not saying your logic is wrong, but those Lacettis are next level crap to be in. They are a proper disposable, white good car. By 09 Hyundai/ Kia pretty much had their **** together. Those Lacettis are where the term fisher price interiors was coined.

Agree, basic as fcuk but, if it's a reg plate you're after and you're too tight to spring for a dacia you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Totally agree - very very plastic, and you wouldn't buy one for any sort of enjoyment. Leather in them is comfy - had an Alfa 147 with red leather before and wouldn't be far from that comfort wise. Had the lend of a '04 1.4 Corolla for a few weeks last year and the drive would be similar with the exception of the steering which would be a little less inspiring. Suits us great for what we need it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

In the grander scheme of things would you rather burn to death or freeze to death? :D Yup the Hyundais had moved their game on but they're still hardly what you'd call desirable. All the same though,that horrid aul Chev .... sorry Daewoo wont have a clutch pedal stuck to the floor every 40k, that's for sure, unlike some other aforementioned Korean brand.

I know where you're coming from and I don't disagree. But if money were really tight, I'd rather buy a '09 Lacetti and take my family on a nice holiday, than buy a '09 Kia or Huyandai and not go on holiday at all. €4k-€5k for one of them is a complete waste of money imho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah lads come on, it meets all the criteria for the thread.

bear1 wrote: »

Including the one that the poster (me) would actually drive it. At a push. A big push :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Including the one that the poster (me) would actually drive it. At a push. A big push :D

I'd drive it, bollocks to it. Rather that than a 99 Micra for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How has no one called it a Reasonably Priced Car yet?

flazio wrote: »
    How has no one called it a Reasonably Priced Car yet?

You just did ;)

bear1 wrote: »

That doesn't mean we can't discuss it's pro's and con's.

Indeed it's a cheap ticket into a fresh reg plate but they are a desperate car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

At that price no.

€350 is very cheap, like very very cheap. But a 14 year old Polo with that 1.2 chocolate engine and no history is a fair risk imo.

There is a thread on the main forum today from someone with a 2010 Ibiza (same engine) that is on it's 3rd replacement engine.

At €350 if it starts and drives and has 3+ months test, i'd take it and drive until it dies and make it my business to invest zero into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Still rocking out the bangernomics '03 xsara 2.0HDi since November, had some issues with it, gearbox failed after about 3 months, and cost a whopping 200 euros to source a replacement, and another 200 to fit it, break cables went in the first week but otherwise its just been fine.

Its mainly used as a school run car and its perfect, surprisingly the kids don’t mind at all its very comfortable and mega economical, like a tenner a week is loads, the tax I can live with so its been fairly good so far touch wood..

Not sure its depreciation in the past couple of months, but as a trade in its appreciated about 600 euros over what I paid for it, if we wanted to go down that route, actually went in to a hyundai garage and they offered me 4k off one of their petrol yokes with mine as a trade in... no I would prefer to rock it out in my 900 euro xsara thanks

That doesn't mean we can't discuss it's pro's and con's.

Indeed it's a cheap ticket into a fresh reg plate but they are a desperate car.

Of course, but maybe in that case a separate thread should be opened?
    Back on topic:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-civic-1-4-nct-3-17-1350/11713193

Good honest looking car that with an NCT until 03/17 and two keys.

Utter dung of a yoke but with NCT until October and a few months of tax left it could be a good car temporarily ;)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-nissan-almera-1-5-sve-4dr-nctd-and-taxed/12533220?campaign=3

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-picasso-diesel-tax-9-16-nct-5-17/10800610?campaign=3

Clean enough looking family bus with NCT until 05/17 and taxed until the end of September and I'd say it's fairly economical and 3 months warranty

• Advertisement

407 with the more reliable 2.0 HDI

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-peugeot-407-2-0-diesel-new-nct-02-17/12533280

NCT'd until Feb 2017 and all for 999e - I'd say you could even get him down to 900 maybe less?

Want to simply go from A-B?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-corolla-long-nct-8-2017/12533283

850 smackers with just over 1 year NCT left.

There just has to be a catch with this one:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-toyota-avensis-the-nct-d/12533223

Over 200k km and NCT until 10/17 - I'd hazard a guess it was a taxi.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-bmw-520-i/12283533

I like this! Cloth interior but seems otherwise a clean car. 07/17 NCT

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/adrian/12533091

Now, yes it has a terrible diesel engine but very high spec and NCT until 09/16. 1k

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I've a light foot for the most part and most driving is a mix of main roads and country roads - I do a quick calculation on every fill and would average around 40mpg.

Is the tax on the 1.4 really 570 as per the ad. Seems excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

theShire wrote: »
    Is the tax on the 1.4 really 570 as per the ad. Seems excessive?

2009 Car therefore CO2 based tax rather than engine cc ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

570 it is for that. Stick the reg into motortax.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

570 it is for that. Stick the reg into motortax.ie.

Ouch, not much benefit to buying a post 2008 model if the tax is that high

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

New when the Spice Girls were number one but look.at the mileage

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/automatic-low-miles-15000-miles/12524141

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement