Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear! That's a lot of car for under a grand :cool:

Were you brave enough to haggle a few more yoyos off? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear! That's a lot of car for under a grand :cool:

Were you brave enough to haggle a few more yoyos off? :D

No, happy out.
    Drove home.
    Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Clean looking Toyota, Avensis, 2004, 1.6 only 84,858 miles on the clock. NCT May 2017 and as a bonus taxed till May 2017 saving a few hundred and all for €1,200. Subtract the tax saving and this is a cracking bargain.

Nice hall door and could've taken a few more pics but worth a look.

yC7nZkp.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/avensis-1-6-full-ncttax-2017/12602552

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I will bet anyone a weeks wages that the Avensis is one of those odd/fake/scam ads that we get every so often

Why is the seller hiding the reg? Maybe he doesn't want us to check the tax / NCT? I call bullsh1t on that car having nearly a years tax...

Edit: ha the Duke beat me to it :D

• Advertisement

Now this I like

Jaaaaaagggggg. 3l V6, auto, nice spec, the best colour on them (imho)

M2YwY2YzOWI5NzRhMTY2NzBmMjg4ZWVjZjBiNzgxNjaFusM_PCXtefwxwtDoMpMjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Mzk1NDE3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Low miles, nearly a year test, nearly 3 months tax and 3 months warranty

€1,500. Not the cheapest S-Type we've had here, but it looks the business.

Linky

I think that was at 2 grand in January with the tax on it still, it is slowly dropping as the tax depreciates. A facelift S type could probably be got for the same amount of money (if you can find even a half decent one...) but I have to say if I was in the market personally I'd probably go for that one.

Handsome brute

'06 Saab 9-5 Wagon, Irish car, no slush issues on this car, very strong engine. NCT until end of March 2017.

NjE2NzNiYWQ3Zjc2NDQwN2I4ZmRkZWQ1ODVhZWViMDKBDNRAP4DF-Cs72JjBIOrZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzQzMzYyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Ad looks genuine. Car has a few months tax left too, although it isn't mentioned. Asking €1,800 but I'd like to get it for about €1,300 though, maybe a little bit more...

Linky

I'm getting really fond of these, love the styling inside and out plus I'd be going up 4 years for just under 2K.

Peugeot 407, 2007, 2.0L diesel with 92,000 miles. NCT till Jan 2017.

€1,990.

QQQlRJi.jpg

gH0lBpi.jpg

DoneDeal Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Clean looking Toyota, Avensis, 2004, 1.6 only 84,858 miles on the clock. NCT May 2017 and as a bonus taxed till May 2017 saving a few hundred and all for €1,200. Subtract the tax saving and this is a cracking bargain.

Nice hall door and could've taken a few more pics but worth a look.

yC7nZkp.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/avensis-1-6-full-ncttax-2017/12602552

That ad has been removed from Donedeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

That ad has been removed from Donedeal.

I wonder why?

As an aside some serious value coming up at the moment. Some very tempting cars at bargain prices. Keep up the good work guys.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-cdx-model-nct-2-17-full-leather/12605738

OWQ5N2FkYjgzOTRhZmU0YzEwZjYwNGI3ZWJiZTUyYzdyHNCj3GOd69w_eyQS55dwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzgyMDMxMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Last of the line Mk1 Avensis with NCT 2/17 and leather, air con & alloys etc for a grand

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-volvo-c70-convertible-2-0t-silver-black-hood/12336409

NDFlZTc5ZGRhMzFhYjNmMGYxYTNkYTAyNDk0ZWU4NjakJJvxGZKpodAym23eptKCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NjQ2MTI0Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€1750 for this here stylish 2.0T manual cabriolet with 15 months NCT

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-sporting/12605502

MzE0NDJiMDU4MjBhMTgzNWU4MDE3MjY5NWQwYjgxMzlMDJ1G7nP99lBZ0mB7eS0jaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzgxODkwMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking 6 speed Punto Sporting with 4/17 and a wisp of tax for €650...€500 after a haggle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Subwoofer in the boot too :)
    They are supposed to be a cracker of a car to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looks a little low or is it just the pictures from those angles. It's a bit bright init?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Hal1 wrote: »
    Looks a little low or is it just the pictures from those angles. It's a bit bright init?

I think it might be lowered. Still a lovey little car and I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to fix the suspension back to standard.

bear1 wrote: »
    They are supposed to be a cracker of a car to drive.

Brilliant to drive! That's a lot of fun for your €500 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I don't doubt it would be a great handling car and safer with a lower centre of gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Nice looking 6 speed Punto Sporting with 4/17 and a wisp of tax for €650...€500 after a haggle ;)

I know there is really good experienced hagglers on here but for an ordinary punter is it realistic to expect to get someit that is advertised for €650 at €500?

(This is not a criticism I love this thread just sometimes wonder about the "would be bought for" comments. Some of the disclosed recent purchases on the thread have been close to the asking price)

• Advertisement

macjohn wrote: »
    I know there is really good experienced hagglers on here but for an ordinary punter is it realistic to expect to get someit that is advertised for €650 at €500?

(This is not a criticism I love this thread just sometimes wonder about the "would be bought for" comments. Some of the disclosed recent purchases on the thread have been close to the asking price)

Ah we've had this chestnut a few times but it does make for interesting discussion and stories :p

As someone often on the buying and selling side of things, I would say, from a buyer's point of view, it depends on the kind of person you're buying from.

If you're buying from someone who buys and sells cars regularly, or a trader, you're less likely to knock a sizable amount off the asking for obvious reasons. These people want to get the most they can from a car.

I find that genuine owner-sellers who sell a car once in a year or more are more likely to accept a hundred or two (or more) off what they are asking if it means a quick sale.

That said, if I'm selling something and you catch me on a bad day and wave notes in my face...I can be fairly lenient :P

What is it they say..."money talks"

That is my own 2c on it....but really it depends on each and every seller out there, and your own confidence when buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks Duke, that makes sense.

Fair enough on the 150/200 off

But when the staring price is low like 650 should the amount expected off be lower too was prob my question.

macjohn wrote: »
    Thanks Duke, that makes sense.

Fair enough on the 150/200 off

But when the staring price is low like 650 should the amount expected off be lower too was prob my question.

Once again I would say it depends on the seller and how stubborn/flexible he or she is.

There really are no set guidelines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Once again I would say it depends on the seller and how stubborn/flexible he or she is.

There really are no set guidelines

Sellers has two cars for sell at moment pointing to a little wheeler dealer.
    I guess seller will want 600 . Think there be enough interest to keep price close to 600 unless there is obviously faults

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Nokia Car kit would suggest that the car may have had a professional purpose in it's past. Taxi for example.

Could easily have been but nevertheless a cheap(ish) load lugger for the money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micra/12456790?campaign=3

Zjk0NzZjZThjOTRlN2NjZjBjZmI2MjI2OTE1MmJhNTi89n3NWsb71LGDkVpeIkYEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzA2NTg1MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT 4/17, Tax 7/16, roof rack...€400 ono. About as frugal as motoring gets

Ford, Fiesta, 2000.

Nice little Fiesta with only 59,000 miles on it. Taxed till end of month and NCT till April 2017.

€950.

4scnHlS.jpg

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

^ Nice engine in those - ghia spec is not too common.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement