Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Chintz?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well it isn't worth 3 grand

He wants 2 for it. Short NCT, big engine, no leather, lowly alloys etc.

2.5 / 2.8k will get you a nice(er) E60.

Sensible seller, imo.

Was kinda thinking that too. Also the most basic 16" wheels with fat tyres. Several of the PDC sensors are missing and they are very expensive parts (unless you paint them yourself). I'd say that's probably not the only thing that could do with some patching.

Still very cheap, although I doubt you'd get more than €100 off. I would check it out carefully. This must be the first E60 in here (that doesn't really need major work)

My own bangernomics purchase

Well wear :)

I'm glad you went ahead and bought it. Those Pandas make a lot of bangernomics sense. Once you go banger you never go back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Is chince a word!

You'd need a Barry White CD on replay for driving around in this one :-)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-maxima-2004/12456743
    Dinger!!
    I'd buy that and drive it in a heartbeat.
    Great banger/barge/nomics
    V6 peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat/12173359

B5 passats can make decent banger IMO ...
    Probably cheaper than this one out there though ... always wanted a 4motion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Thats such a lot of car for the money. Nice luxury bangernomics, if you can stretch to the fuel costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

A fine opportunity to won some Czech engineering :pac:
    I think it's fair to say it's not a good example but for 250 with test until January and tax until spetember

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-felicia/12668661

YmQ2NzViYjU5ODgwZTA3MzI1MjgxZmM0NTlkNDg0ZDhTecMjihYB0wrQU_NQPs52aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODEzMjEyM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Bangernomics loves Puntos! New tyres, New test, €650.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto/12668624

OWU4MjA2YTZiMmU4Y2NkNmQzYTFmMDZkYzJjYWE5NjRVRWFL1O8Z7dGxGyxdjRWSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODEzMTkyOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2004 C I T Y R O V E R. WHat a bucket of sh1te but a years test and 37,000 miles. Could be worth 800 to someone.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-city-new-nct-07-17/12462816

MTQyODZiZTdlNmZhMTE5YmVmMTdmYTNhZjc3ZGY1NDMSBUDz4gLaPFni9kas2hI-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzA5ODIyNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

You had to ruin your own post with that piece of sh1t :D

Like the ad for the Felicia. "Fan blow heater squeals a bit after a while but turn up the radio and all gone" :D

It's a bit compromised, but it has tax and long test for €250. Surely he would take €200. How cheap can a car get in here? Have we ever had a long NCT car that could be had for less than €200?

unkel wrote: »
    You had to ruin your own post with that piece of sh1t :D

Like the ad for the Felicia. "Fan blow heater squeals a bit after a while but turn up the radio and all gone" :D

It's a bit compromised, but it has tax and long test for €250. Surely he would take €200. How cheap can a car get in here? Have we ever had a long NCT car that could be had for less than €200?

I know :D

I decided to post it because, being relatively young, opens up the insurance market a little more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ded_Z I want to thank your post for the Skoda but that Rover...my God. There isn't a car I hate more.

• Advertisement

Ded_Z I want to thank your post for the Skoda but that Rover...my God. There isn't a car I hate more.

I'm sure it's truly dreadful but the more people hate on it the more I like it :D

I'm weird like that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That skoda add is great Craic. Water features and anti theft haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The cityrover isn't any worse than the Felicia IMO.

Go wash your mouth out with green soap, Colm :D

colm_mcm wrote: »

If it was for the same price of the Skoda I would probably agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I very sadly had to drive quite a good few of those buckets that had a Rover badge badly glued on.

It was like driving a shed on wheels and I was driving new ones.

Dacia would tick very similar boxes to be honest god awful cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's a cheap and nasty piece of **** that would have had a solid market if Rover hadn't overpriced it

I don't even reckon it would have had a solid market if very cheaply priced. Rover did it before (rushed a heap of sh1te to market - the Metro) and it surely greatly helped to start sinking the proud Rover ship. Such a shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Does the likes of a city rover and Felicia quality here?

Bit of bangernomics news... my trusty S60 has developed a severe knocking in the drive train to the front left wheel. I'm approaching 3 years (longest I've owned a car or very close) of ownership from an initial 3 figure sum with minimal costs so I'm cutting it loose. There's still some value to be extracted, I just need to figure out how but probably a few parts stripped off before a trip to Kilcock.

A swift replacement was required and has come in within bangernomics budget, long test, some tax, low miles and young enough to squeeze in another 2 year test with a voluntary early test. More to follow...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I don't even reckon it would have had a solid market if very cheaply priced. Rover did it before (rushed a heap of sh1te to market - the Metro) and it surely greatly helped to start sinking the proud Rover ship. Such a shame.

If they sold them for a modest markup on what they were reputedly paying Tata, they'd have made a market, just look at Dacia and Skoda of old, in fact that they'd had set a lower benchmark for the price of a new car. The metro was never cheap (to buy that is, it was definitely cheap and nastily put together).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Bit of bangernomics news... my trusty S60 has developed a severe knocking in the drive train to the front left wheel. I'm approaching 3 years (longest I've owned a car or very close) of ownership from an initial 3 figure sum with minimal costs so I'm cutting it loose. There's still some value to be extracted, I just need to figure out how but probably a few parts stripped off before a trip to Kilcock.

A swift replacement was required and has come in within bangernomics budget, long test, some tax, low miles and young enough to squeeze in another 2 year test with a voluntary early test. More to follow...

This one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60/12234248

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Nah, not another Volvo

Another scrapper.

Does the likes of a city rover and Felicia quality here?
    Bangernomics rules:
    Under €2000
    Valid NCT
    Something you'd actually drive yourself
    VRT paid

Anything that conforms to these qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

You obviously haven't driven or sat in a C I T Y R O V E R , I had the experience when they were about a year old , and let's say I can see 2 reasons why a 9 year old one might only have 37000 miles racked up , firstly nobody would want To drive the miles in one and secondly I don't know if they'd make it beyond 39000 miles. I'd love to see the NCT stats on these .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Heats up in traffic should set off head gasket alarm bells. Watch out for cream in the oil well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

This is down to €899. Great little first car especially when you read about the lad considering buying from the NCTphobe. I'm sure €850 cash would land it.
    Ford, Fiesta, 2000.

Nice little Fiesta with only 59,000 miles on it. Taxed till end of month and NCT till April 2017.

€950.

4scnHlS.jpg

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The bloke selling the Fiesta above has 3 motorbikes and 3 cars for sale including this Subaru, Impreza, 2004 with 73,000km for €1,999.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-quick-sale/12467232

• Advertisement

Here we go...

An 07 Ford CMax 1.8 Zetec

Taxed till the end of July and NCT until April 17

pOHbHM1h.jpg

It's not pristine but all the important stuff works just fine and got it in on bangernomics budget despite it having been advertised at €2500

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement