Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear, alias no.9 :)

Looks like I'm picking up another bangernomics car myself later today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

unkel wrote: »

Cheers, wasn't quite sure what I was looking for or even if it'd be another bangernomics motor but it ticks a lot of boxes for me, is fairly fresh both in years and miles for bangernomics even if it's a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Cool use of window frame in registration subterfuge!! :)

Looks well - nice colour, alloys and privacy glass set it off nicely. 07 as well.

well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bigus wrote: »
    You obviously haven't driven or sat in a C I T Y R O V E R , I had the experience when they were about a year old , and let's say I can see 2 reasons why a 9 year old one might only have 37000 miles racked up , firstly nobody would want To drive the miles in one and secondly I don't know if they'd make it beyond 39000 miles. I'd love to see the NCT stats on these .
    alias no.9 wrote: »
    If they sold them for a modest markup on what they were reputedly paying Tata, they'd have made a market, just look at Dacia and Skoda of old, in fact that they'd had set a lower benchmark for the price of a new car. The metro was never cheap (to buy that is, it was definitely cheap and nastily put together).
    I don't even reckon it would have had a solid market if very cheaply priced. Rover did it before (rushed a heap of sh1te to market - the Metro) and it surely greatly helped to start sinking the proud Rover ship. Such a shame.
    alias no.9 wrote: »
    It's a cheap and nasty piece of **** that would have had a solid market if Rover hadn't overpriced it
    I very sadly had to drive quite a good few of those buckets that had a Rover badge badly glued on.

It was like driving a shed on wheels and I was driving new ones.

Dacia would tick very similar boxes to be honest god awful cars.
    If it was for the same price of the Skoda I would probably agree.
    Go wash your mouth out with green soap, Colm :D

Felicity are nasty little misery boxes, they're little more than a reskinned Favorit. Sure, Skoda came good after that with a little platform sharing, but let's not forget that the Felicia was nasty when new.
    I know cityrover a are rubbish too, but with both cars you're talking about a car for a few hundred euros with low tax.
    They're both bottom of the barrel motoring. At least the cityrover is interesting.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're both bottom of the barrel motoring. At least the cityrover is interesting seldom seen.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Felicity are nasty little misery boxes, they're little more than a reskinned Favorit. Sure, Skoda came good after that with a little platform sharing, but let's not forget that the Felicia was nasty when new.
    I know cityrover a are rubbish too, but with both cars you're talking about a car for a few hundred euros with low tax.
    They're both bottom of the barrel motoring. At least the cityrover is interesting.

I've never even sat in a city rover but I agree that the Felicia are horrid.

When's the big reveal on the new motor? You're going to start attracting attention from the Revenue with the rate you're buying and selling....

Haha, yeah it's starting to be a bit of a habit :p

BMW E46 318i, paddy spec, but nice cream leather. Taxed till the end of next month, NCT 03/17, €400

389976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

$400 with almost a year test on it ??? Jesus Christ.

ABS and traction lights on but I reckon it's just a wheel speed sensor or something minor. Both came on a few weeks ago and stayed on. If the module goes, it's usually a bit erratic first. Hope so anyway because if I need to get the unit refurbished, there wouldn't be much profit left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Nice 04 Civic Hybrid, looking for €2,100 but I'm sure he'd knock that hundred off at least for cash. NCT till April 2017.

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid fresh NCT(04/17) Tax 08/16

6NU6zy0.jpg

yoChCUW.jpg
    Full year NCT 04/17 tax till 08
    -Very efficient on fuel
    - Heated leather seats
    -4 electric windows
    -alloy wheels
    -Air con
    -Sat Nav system
    -DVD
    -Auto start-stop system

Driving 100% engine,gearbox and the high voltage battery is perfect! NO fault codes! Full service done ,before the NCT, any mechanical inspection welcome! Very reliable car.

DoneDeal Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Surprising how quick these became so rare. Seems to be plenty of new parts on it, keep it for a couple of years and you'll have little or no depreciation to worry about, possibly worth more than what you paid for it.

1995, 520i, 06/17
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mint-condition-e34-all-car-is-rebuild-and-like-new/12501504
    NTgzYWVmNGNlYmQwNWZhYWIyZGNiOWJhZTI3Mzk0NjfnVn3jyH1tTn_gNAnnDdc-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzMwMTk4NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

SAAB 9-5 Aero. Paddle shift, claimed 260bhp, 01/17 €1800

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-5-aero-260hp/12642470
    ZWQxZjAwYmJjYWRkODFjZjAzMmI4MGRmMTdkZDc3NWJj1O8DZMoW6eve27WIr9ukaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Nzk5OTk1M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not cheap, but great colour, future classic, looks well minded,

9-3 Aero, €1650, 01/17

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-aero/12263001
    YmI1YTQxZjVhYTAxZTRlOTljMzJlN2Y5NzRlZDhjNzC1RWQPGRJOIAQLgtUqD3WbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NjA4NDY0NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Red Kev wrote: »
    Surprising how quick these became so rare. Seems to be plenty of new parts on it, keep it for a couple of years and you'll have little or no depreciation to worry about, possibly worth more than what you paid for it.

1995, 520i, 06/17
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mint-condition-e34-all-car-is-rebuild-and-like-new/12501504
    NTgzYWVmNGNlYmQwNWZhYWIyZGNiOWJhZTI3Mzk0NjfnVn3jyH1tTn_gNAnnDdc-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzMwMTk4NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

In my opinion its probably worth close to the money with the alloys, but certainly not without.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Looking for a bit of advice folks. What's the 2.0 litre petrol engine in the Mazda 6 (2002 to 2007) like as regards issues/reliability?

Just make sure it's actually a petrol and you'll be fine :p

Posted this in Luxobargonomics, but it belongs here as well:

728i, 01/17, €1850.

Doesn't have all the options (no elec. seats) and probably hasn't been on the road for a few months judging by tax & insurance, but worth a look.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-bmw-728i/10955959

YmE2OTg1NjM4MjY2OTM4YjNkOGIwYmEyZDVmZjIwMTI7x8K__liscvD3RDVX7WN9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b180OTMzNDkxMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Unbelievable bangernomics in my opinion .....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-estate/12672267

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seems very cheap but has a very reliable engine.
    The boot size is brilliant and has a lovely door thump when you close it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The nicest colour combination for that model imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does that have a self closing boot?

Unbelievable bangernomics. Love those hearses.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-class-taxed-03-2017-nct-03-2017-/12682186

OTliMWM4MWI3NTQ5YTI1ZTVkZjBjMjJmNzVkNjc5NWbD7OMAvrLeBwUVuHcpdp8IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODE5MjE3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Diesel automatic E class, looks fairly clean inside and out, NCT 1/17 and non-psv tax 3/17 - €1450

Well spotted. Your man is not helping himself having the car down as a manual in his ad. And it's a dealer selling it. Sloppy! Also means there is probably very little room for negotiation...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Well spotted. Your man is not helping himself having the car down as a manual in his ad. And it's a dealer selling it. Sloppy! Also means there is probably very little room for negotiation...

Why lie about the transmission? Like if someone is looking for a manual and go an view it, then it turns out to be auto? What I'm trying to say is, it's a very foolish thing to lie about.

I don't think that he would purposely lie about it

Just sloppy, not lying. The car is far less desirable as a manual. Someone wasn't doing their job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I don't think that he would purposely lie about it
    Just sloppy, not lying. The car is far less desirable as a manual. Someone wasn't doing their job properly.

Ah I see, just a mistake.

Cheers for clearing that up lads.

If the tax is legit, and the car is in any way presentable, then that is insane.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is it me, or is the bonnet misaligned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is it me, or is the bonnet misaligned?

To me looks as if the right hand side (as you look at it) is raised up slightly higher than the left. You can see how the circle around the headlight looks off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement