Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought that would be right up your street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I thought that would be right up your street

Automatic, and in a nicer colour and with alloys and we'd be talking :p

What colour interior would you prefer?

The interior and the seats especially look great. Just that gold...its all a bit bland

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-coupe-quick-salenct-amptax/12710522

ZjIxMTgxY2U3NTFmMjUwZDQ3ZGYzZDA2ZjM4ZTliZmbyJiYyUe319Jc1UgwyyOOvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODM0MTM5OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This seems excellent value. Looks great, NCT 6/17 and tax 7/16 with 87k for €1100.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-s80-se-auto/12710016

MzAzNmRlNDE0ZTNjMzQ4MTdlODJjYWNhOTNhZDBhOTF6VIQJ3unXlKRseL4UiHxoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODMzODc5M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Looks very nice. NCT 2/17 and Tax 9/16 & a car phone! €1450

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Peugeot 406 2.0hdi. I know this car well I know the owner same owner since it was a 6 month old demo in 2002. They always minded the car it has always been worked on by the same Peugeot main dealer. The body work and interior has some wear and tear but it is a very honest genuine car. If I was looking for a cheap car I'd buy it in a heart beat taxed and tested too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/othermotor-for-sale/peugeot-406-rapier-diesel-110-/12604128

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Doe test? Its a commercial?

Pic of nct disc in windscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

bear1 wrote: »
    Doe test? Its a commercial?

He means nct just got mixed up.

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    He means nct just got mixed up.

Thought so, hadn't seen the nct pic.

Tell him to put it in the car section and he;ll get more interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-s80-se-auto/12710016

Looks very nice. NCT 2/17 and Tax 9/16 & a car phone! €1450

If insurance decides to be dicks this year as my gtv is 20, I think I might look at these.
    Some serious value when it comes to old bargey volvos and fast Saab's at the moment.

Does anyone know what the story is regarding the legality of using a chord phone while driving

Fairly pointless if it can't be used at all

Well it's not a mobile phone in the eyes of the law. Even though it is. I think the distinction is whether it's part of the car or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If insurance decides to be dicks this year as my gtv is 20

Why would they be? You'll be able to get classic insurance. Fully comprehensive cover for a fraction of the price of regular third party insurance :cool:

Your car probably already qualifies even if it isn't 20 years old yet, but I bet you haven't tried this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

image.jpgupload gifs

image.jpg

Having just returned from the euros in France I said I may as well share my bangernomics story with ye.
    A group of us were heading out for all the Irish games so we were faced with either public transport for a month, rent a car/camper or buy a yoke for the journey. Naturally we went with option 3 as it meant I had an excuse to scour done deal at every opportunity ;)
    The car we settled on was a 1999 jap import toyota ipsum (picnic) 2.0 petrol with an automatic transmission. It now has 250k kilometres on the clock and we bought it in mid April. The car was owned by a family from tullamore for years and was regularly serviced in lambe brothers mazda dealership for years including a new timing belt last year. It's tested till November and taxed till the end of August. The add on donedeal wasn't great and it was up a while for €1000 but I had a feeling it'd be a genuine car so after leaving it for a few weeks we went up to view it and we were very impressed as it was close to immaculate inside with original mats etc and it was also such a pleasent comfy drive. Its also very well equipped for a 90's car with a host of features like dual zone climate control with aircon and parking sensors all round etc. In the end we managed to get it for €600.
    We got the ferry from cork and drove all over France and came home through England all in all covering a distance of over 4500km in 18 days. The car had four to five men in it at all times and was wedged with luggage as well but it took the journey like a champ. Only slight issue was a pin hole leak in the thermostat housing but as long as coolant levels were kept in check each morning progress went unhindered. Original plan was to sell the car on again but I think if we can sort out a place to store it we'll probably keep it as a summer adventure wagon. It's definitely gained a lot of sentimental value over the past 3 weeks so it'd be a shame to sell it also I don't think there's much of a market for jap import people carriers given the current insurance situation :D

Drive it to a LOI match near you soon and pick up more kudos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If insurance decides to be dicks this year as my gtv is 20, I think I might look at these.
    Some serious value when it comes to old bargey volvos and fast Saab's at the moment.

Does anyone know what the story is regarding the legality of using a chord phone while driving

Fairly pointless if it can't be used at all

My S60 has the same phone

-keypad and sim card slot on the dash beside the radio
    -steering wheel controls for answering/ending calls
    -numbers and texts displayed on the info lcd in the dash (won't display texts while moving)
    -phone speaker in the drivers headrest with a privacy handset in the centre console for when you don't want your passengers to hear your conversation.

It was one of best setups before bluetooth but it wasn't bluetooth and having separate numbers or swapping sims is a pain in the ass because well bluetooth exists...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

Would you buy it? Looking at it as a second car for the other half to travel to and from work in Kildare to Blanch ...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-1-6hdi-brand-new-nct-7-17/12705557

Also considering this but it's a trade sale and with no NCT, it's off putting even though the Ford would be the better of the two! https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-zetec-1-6td-diesel-nctd/11694290

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Also considering this but it's a trade sale and with no NCT, it's off putting even though the Ford would be the better of the two! https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-zetec-1-6td-diesel-nctd/11694290

Weird that the ad says it has nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

The Muppet wrote: »

Yea, the ad on the garage's website has it listed at a grand dearer and says no NCT. I called him and no NCT but 1,950. My head is fried looking for something! We need something this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Would you buy it? Looking at it as a second car for the other half to travel to and from work in Kildare to Blanch ...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-1-6hdi-brand-new-nct-7-17/12705557

They both have the same unreliable psa engine?
    Really a roll of the dice even with a full service history ..

The tyres on the 407 look bald which if they are will tell you how well it was looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Drive it to a LOI match near you soon and pick up more kudos ;)

SRFC are we are we are we ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The Muppet wrote: »

Yea, the ad on the garage's website has it listed at a grand dearer and says no NCT. I called him and no NCT but 1,950. My head is fried looking for something! We need something this weekend!
    Avoid - the dealer is telling you porky pies re NCT - chances are that it won't pass the NCT due to emisions - avoid unessarry problems.
    You can get a perfectly good diesel with an NCT for less than 2k. That 1.6 is a dog if it doesn't get the correct oil (turbo starvation).
    As previously mentioned - roll of the dice even with a full service history - unless its a Pug or Ford Service history, which you will probally find that it isn't.
    What are your requirements? Diesel, cheap tax and running costs I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Really like these... Throw the dog in the back and bounce along the back roads to the beach. :)

Toyota, RAV-4, 2001. 110,000 Miles, NCT March 2017. €999.00.

BaTq3vd.jpg

DoneDeal Link

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bounce along the back roads to the beach. :)

And just hope you don't get stuck in the sand :p

They understeer like mad, but there's something great craic about driving them, exhaust note is fruity for a little jeepy thing.

Decent looking Ford Focus, 2002. 140,000 miles.

NCT till 03-06-2017. - €600.

psshw8x.jpg

DoneDeal Link

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

jharr100 wrote: »

I think the steering wheel has been changed on that to a newer wheel?

• Advertisement

Immaculate Nissan Primera 1.6 Acenta. 177,000 miles, test till Oct. 2016. €895.
    High spec Acenta model, comes with 4x electric windows, electric mirrors, power steering, remote central locking, reversing camera, air conditioning, front fog lights, alloy wheels etc

2QtmjlU.jpg

DoneDeal Link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement