Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat-tdi-estate/12722677

Cheap pisshat. .. nct till Nov ..
    800 clams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Soarer wrote: »
    Full tank of fuel for the pics! Top work!

Wish I'd the cash to buy her. Unfortunately I bought myself a tv last month! :o

That's how it is, a nice sporty daily for not much money.

Had a few texts and bits but interest seems to taper off pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

That's how it is, a nice sporty daily for not much money.

Had a few texts and bits but interest seems to taper off pretty quickly.

It should sell for close to that asking price given its condition and especially when you consider the amount of ragged ones in the country.
    Also the uk ones look nicer and sleeker than the jdm kitted ones which are far too fast and furious on the styling front imo. Its just a matter of sitting tight, surely some of the toc boys will be interested in it even if interest seems low on the site at the min the big meet at the end of the month would be a great place to showcase it but obviously you'll be hoping its gone by then and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.
    Anyways I'll be sure to recommend it to anyone I know who might be interested and GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Agreed. Should get very close to your asking price, well at least I would hold out for most of it. Not the best time of the year with people (in your target market) spending a lot of their savings on holidays, but still it's a lot of well cared for car for very little money. Have you it on adverts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-estate-1-9-tdi/12743329

NDQxZjVjZTFhY2QxMjBjZWNmYmM0YTVmMGEwYTYxMWJdiElv3IbEKVMzEMSJ67JsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODUwMDM4N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking new shape Passat estate with NCT to 2018. Lots of nice looking wood and cream on the interior, it might have nice leather seats at that. No mileage listed on the ad and I cannot make it out from the NCT cert, and I'd say you'd want to be sitting when you ask the seller...but a cheap car nonetheless at €1750

• Advertisement

That's too cheap!

If it's ok, buy it and sell it on for €500 more. Easy money for someone who can spot underpriced cars :D

don't know if i'd fancy playing BXE roulette with that. or is it too early to be a BXE?

could clean up nice and be a bit of a high mileage hero for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

unkel wrote: »
    That's too cheap!

If it's ok, buy it and sell it on for €500 more. Easy money for someone who can spot underpriced cars :D

I dont think he is telling the full story there - "car for sale" as a description doesn't ill me with confidence.

I had a guy once who forgot to mention a 'minor' fire behind the dashboard. Smelt it as soon as I opened the door. Everything on the left hand side of the car didnt work. It was like it had had a stroke...

Its a highline model anyway and not an import, so has those nice seats.

Wave €1500 at him and you'd probably get it :D

Don't know what engine is in it mind..

I dont think he is telling the full story there - "car for sale" as a description doesn't ill me with confidence.

I had a guy once who forgot to mention a 'minor' fire behind the dashboard. Smelt it as soon as I opened the door. Everything on the left hand side of the car didnt work. It was like it had had a stroke...

I would nearly guess its being sold by someone who doesn't have much of a clue. A new donedeal account for a start, but a surname on the contact details. No cowboy I know would do this ;)

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy-2-0-gl/11709873

N2Y0MTg4N2RkNmZiZmYwNGExZmZlYWE4Y2Y1YjdlNTej8bcXNdM05VeSJPaYlHWRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Nzc5NDQ1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nothing overly exciting - but NCT 4/17 and an alleged new timing belt all for €850. Seems a bit cheap but perhaps just a garage trying to get rid of stock

Is there something wrong with me wanting to buy many of the cars posted in this thread? Just for having a go at them, having a play. I like toys. And then of course the inevitable: sell them on. If possible for a little bit more than I paid for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Its a highline model anyway and not an import, so has those nice seats.

Wave €1500 at him and you'd probably get it :D

Don't know what engine is in it mind..

Can you read the vin on the windscreen and determine the engine code from that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

jharr100 wrote: »
    Can you read the vin on the windscreen and determine the engine code from that ?

Tax disc holder is telling me that's not the original windscreen of that car!!

I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's a BXE Engine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

VRM:
    06D42279
    Chassis No.:
    WVWZZZ3CZ6E20****
    First Registration:
    2006-04-20
    Vehicle Type:
    VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT HIGH 1.9 TDI B6 VARIANT
    Engine No.:
    BXE01****

There we go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

R.O.R wrote: »
    It's a BXE Engine

Aren't the 1.9 supposed the be the best one though? The latter 140 and 170 engines are more delicate due to the oil pump problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

Are we allows to link to our own ads in this thread?

Yes. As long as you say it's your own car, that's fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Hi all

selling my 2002 Saab 9-3 Coupe.

Linky

regards

brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

v240gltse wrote: »
    Hi all

Linky

regards

brendan

I like this ad. No nonsense, good listing of both positives and negatives. Pity not all ads are like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Very good ad and straight to the point without missing key details.
    You mean a Stage 1 ECU, what is the BHP output?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tax disc holder is telling me that's not the original windscreen of that car!!

I could be wrong though

Auto Glass repair, Auto Glass replace.

Could be either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

v240gltse wrote: »
    Hi all

Linky

regards

brendan
    GLWS... Out of interest, what's the new Saab?

You'd struggle to give away a petrol Tucson in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭fits

<too expensive for this thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You'd struggle to give away a petrol Tucson in fairness.

True,people want daysul for a vehicle like that but I know somebody who has a petrol one and they say it's not bad on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

fits wrote: »
    <too expensive for this thread>
    Price rules it out of this thread. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

zerks wrote: »
    True,people want daysul for a vehicle like that but I know somebody who has a petrol one and they say it's not bad on fuel.

I'd say if you were using one for just knocking around the town, dropping kids etc. the cost wouldnt be too much up on a diesel version ( or any other 2.0 petrol +15%), plus you get it for a lot cheaper and its a lot easier to maintain.

If you were clocking up the miles though, in fairness, it would crucify you.

There are a lot of clean, low miles tucksons around for very little money. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement