Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anyone want my BMW?

'00 BMW 318i, asking €950

Clean car, cream leather

16" original BMW Alloys, good tyres, new battery, just serviced, 2 keys

NCT until 14/03/2017, taxed

Currently insured with First Ireland as a classic car

MjQ4NDgwNzJjYmI3NjM0YzYwZGExYjIxM2E5YWM0NzkWYxj1fc3Gaqltr5zxcaRfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODUzNDY4OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

NGQzZWRkNjRlYzMwNDAzYTk4ZGI0ZWJmNmI0MzNmYTSfo9vVLXIYr0h2yTLX95WyaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODUzODQ4MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2004, 129k miles, 2L petrol, Manual

€1650
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-estate-executive-tourer/12750958

Honda Accord Executive Tourer Estate
    Leather seats
    Heated seats
    Cruise control
    Electric seats
    Premium sound system
    6 disc CD changer
    Electric sunroof
    Electric windows
    ABS breaks
    Airbags
    Plus many more extras
    NCT 03-17
    Tax 09-17

Drives extremely smooth
    Clean car
    Whoever buys this car wont be disappointed

pippip wrote: »
    Tax 09-17

That's not possible. I wonder why the seller is hiding the reg. That doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Maybe a mistake and meant 09/16?
    Also, I like how the seller lists all the equipment the car has and then says "plus many more extras".
    From what I remember there are two other things he hasn't mentioned, the subwoofer in the boot and that the boot closes by itself.
    Also, 04-D-33xx I think the last digit is a 9

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-626/12748853

MWRhMzAyMjgwZDE5N2M1YjA3MTMwMTNmMDI3MmMwMGOD2b72SeZAoJiPc3-T7RcpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODUyNjYxOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

What a beaut...NCT 11/16 tax 7/16 €650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Practical and spacious late model 2005 Stilo Multiwagon with NCT till June 2017. 1200 euro

YTg0ODRmZWFhNWI2MmUwOThlNGJhNzhiYWZmODQxZTBE9Qfu704cTIG5y0SDXkcqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODU1NDk0Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not great value beside that accord, but a bit cheaper to run if funds are limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

v240gltse wrote: »
    Hi all

selling my 2002 Saab 9-3 Coupe.

Linky

regards

brendan

great ad for a well minded car, best of luck withe sale im a saab nut myself owned an identical 1994 ng900 coupe in blue with grey electric-seated leather interior. mine was a stock FPT with factory boost guage etc, went very well for a 190bhp cruiser .. what did you get as a replacement ? plenty of bargain saabs popping up here in this thread on a daily basis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

@acronym Chilli :

new saab is a 1998 4 door S model in Ferrari red with more extras that i could ever imagine as well as a truly well documented service history. only 120k on the clock as well .

the owner even brought it to a Saab dealer to have bulbs replaced.

@bear1 : should be in the 180bhp bracket.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-diesel-automatic-leather-65mpg/12535603

MDdmMjM5MTRjZmQ5ZTBjZWM4ZGQ5ZWNkMTcwMThhZGFDmDkGOBLHlKH9E-eCn1mTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzQ2OTU5NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking high spec diesel automatic 407 with leather, climate control, sat nav etc. Short enough NCT until December, €1500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd want to see brighter pictures of that grille to make sure it isn't that horrible mesh fence.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c5-exclusive-2001/12752520

MGExNmZmY2Y2NDIwMGY0M2I1NDRmZmRiZGJlZTJjODN1n1-_hcRe7w_X3NJ0nuwQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODU0NzEyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I like this - Citroen C5 exclusive, 2.2 diesel automatic 98k alleged miles. Years test and tax until 8/16 - €1150

2.2 diesel automatic

Funny you mention that!

The ad has the car down as a 1.6 and I checked - it is indeed taxed as a 1.6. But that can't be right, surely?

If it is an '01 car and a diesel and an auto and the Exclusive spec, than it must be a 2.2l?

1.6 on da buke job here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

flazio wrote: »
    I'd want to see brighter pictures of that grille to make sure it isn't that horrible mesh fence.

He would want to brush up on the maths too - 5.7l/100km is nowhere near 65mpg.

Its a more realistic 50mpg. ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

unkel wrote: »
    2.2 diesel automatic

Funny you mention that!

The ad has the car down as a 1.6 and I checked - it is indeed taxed as a 1.6. But that can't be right, surely?

If it is an '01 car and a diesel and an auto and the Exclusive spec, than it must be a 2.2l?

1.6 on da buke job here? :D
    Makes it even better value ....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

NDk4_ZTBi_Nzg5_Mz_Yw_ZDI3_Zj_Jk_Nz_Nl_NTU2_NDll_NDc0_NTMn_NPOO.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1998-nissan-micra-1-0-l-taxed-amp-nct-passed/12726506

Fairly tidy 1998 3dr micra.
    Tested till feb17
    Taxed till the end of August.
    €350

Hi all,

Fairly new to watching this thread and spotted this. My wife is just starting to drive and I thought this would be a great starter car for her. I will ring the insurance company to make sure I can get her on my insurance for this car and there is no issues with the year of the car, etc before going to have a look.

I was looking at the buying guide in the sticky and i checked on motortax.ie and it says the following...

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on : 17/06/2016

Notified on : 18/06/2016

The car is very cheap but would this be anything I need to be concerned about? I haven't rang yet but any tips appreciated. Just want to make sure the car will run ok for her if I go ahead and buy it. How much would it usually be to have a mechanic have a quick look to make sure she looks ok before buying?

Sorry for noobish questions, I did have a look at the Guide to Buying but I'm guessing for the price which includes Tax until the end of August and the NCT, as long is it is running, maybe we should just go ahead with it.

The change of ownership would not bother me at this end of the market to be honest (that is just me) - and I would judge a car on its own merits. (I would suggest if you don't know a whole lot about cars to bring a mechanic)

I think the biggest worry about that car should be insurance. A lot of insurance companies will not insure it because of its age, especially with a new driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Insurance issue and then just a few basic mechanicals. Check for Timing chain rattle a bit when cold is normal but excessive rattle even when warm is a sign it's on the way out that said they last a while even when the rattling is bad it's definitely time to walk away if the chain has stretched enough to cause a misfire. Apart from that just the basics suspension squeaks and rattles and make sure car is getting to proper operating temp and staying there.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

...ugly as sin! :p

• Advertisement

...ugly as sin! :p

When you're on the inside sitting on those lovely leather armchairs I don't think you would care very much :p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

When you're on the inside sitting on those lovely leather armchairs I don't think you would care very much :p

That's true actually, it is quite something else inside.

Outside though looks like some sort of serious mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A Kim Kardashian car.

So ugly, they're starting to be interesting & attractive :p

Love the seats, although I wouldn't have expected that massive tear at relatively young age / low mileage. Maybe one or more very heavy owners?

He's optimistic with his price though...

I think the price is fine.
    However, it was purchased by a dealer on the 21.06 so at least a warranty is included.

A warranty, you reckon? :p

@bear1 I can presume you've never dealt with Dermot

:p

Nein :P ist he nicht gud?

If you are not an idiot he is (the) most pleasant and accommodating to deal with

Mention warranty or anything less than 1k (at a guess) for the car and, well...give it a try :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Insurance issue and then just a few basic mechanicals. Check for Timing chain rattle a bit when cold is normal but excessive rattle even when warm is a sign it's on the way out that said they last a while even when the rattling is bad it's definitely time to walk away if the chain has stretched enough to cause a misfire. Apart from that just the basics suspension squeaks and rattles and make sure car is getting to proper operating temp and staying there.
    Partner has run a 98 Micra for the past 4 years,timing chain replaced and front cross member under the radiator rusted common fault,other then that runs like a clock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement