Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Or if you aren't brave enough...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60-new-nct-pass-10-2017/12737618

ZTY1YTk0N2RmN2Y2MjA1ZDAyN2M0NTYyZDVhYTdmMWYKua982-LiKGRK1HNzpLXyaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODQ3MzI1Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

05 2.0T NCT 10/17 €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Not a single serious inquiry. Around 100 lads who "will leave right now if I take 500" :rolleyes:

Motoring in this country is a joke.

Yep I've had plenty of that carry on when selling a car alright. And then they would say....."CASH"....... and a good pause and its the automatically meant to be the holy grail of an offer you cant refuse even though its less than one third of the asking price....Christ sake eek.png

It s not just Ireland. Have a few vehicles for sale here in the states and when you decline someone s offer of 1/3rd your asking price they get downright upset and belligerent.

"You should take my offer, you ll never get your asking price" is my favorite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Not a single serious inquiry. Around 100 lads who "will leave right now if I take €500" :rolleyes:

Motoring in this country is a joke.

I'd be interested, if insurance worked out (even though I'm 44) and I sold my hatefully slow skoda octavia:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

06 Liana for €1950,seller says in description that it has just been NCT'd recently.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-suzuki-liana-mint-condition-look-/12655454

07 Skoda Superb,450 notes over the limit but a bit of negotiating could work.Doubt the child seats and buggy come with it.:P

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-skoda-superb/12790475

MTM0MTZjOWIzNTcwNDA3NDMyOWU5YjFjOWQ4OTg5MWaYY-2dYUrYhkb8ZALMEo-UaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc0MTg5N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Very short NCT but €275 gets you a Fiesta, https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/cheap-99-fiesta-driving-lovely-/12790436

NmU4ZmU0YTNlYWM5ZGJlNGRhNGI4YzJjZWJmZTJhYjSdVYNWZjAmH1gZlnkAkmvHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc0MTY3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

zerks wrote: »
    Very short NCT but €275 gets you a Fiesta

2 weeks NCT. So the test will set you back €55 straight after buying the car. Will most likely fail on something, so that's another €28 for the retest within a month. Total €358. Before you fix anything.

Far too much of a risk in my book...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Why would people be bothered with a Dacia Duster when you could have that 166 or that Volvo....

Are we so shallow that a 131 plate on a sh^tbox is more desirable than a properly stylish and comfortable car that can be run on modest budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why would people be bothered with a Dacia Duster when you could have that 166 or that Volvo....

Are we so shallow that a 131 plate on a sh^tbox is more desirable than a properly stylish and comfortable car that can be run on modest budget?

Had the same argument with my wife she wanted a new dacia stepway thankfully I won and we have an 11 accord.

They are a horrible yoke build quality and driving quality.

unkel wrote: »
    2 weeks NCT. So the test will set you back €55 straight after buying the car. Will most likely fail on something, so that's another €28 for the retest within a month. Total €358. Before you fix anything.

Far too much of a risk in my book...

Why don't these sellers simply get cars NCT'd before putting them up for sale.I hate the line "NCT just out,will fly through the test",if that is the case then get it tested and add the cost to the price you are asking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

My pet hate, well one of them and you see some really nice motors. One a few days back, "Don't have time to do NCT." FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

My pet hate, well one of them and you see some really nice motors. One a few days back, "Don't have time to do NCT." FFS!

Too busy watching Jeremy Kyle drinking cans of dutch gold to bother their arse.

• Advertisement

Why don't these sellers simply get cars NCT'd before putting them up for sale.I hate the line "NCT just out,will fly through the test",if that is the case then get it tested and add the cost to the price you are asking people.

I think its great when they do this - it saves you so much time and hassle. He owns the car, drives it and knows it best. And he knows it hasnt a prayer of passing an NCT, so he hasnt bothered.

Use this as your cue to avoid it like the plague.

Why don't these sellers simply get cars NCT'd before putting them up for sale.

Because they know it will fail. And they know there are buyers out there who think: "cheap car, ah sure it will pass no bother" without doing a proper check of the car and without taking into account possible pitfalls...

It can be rational decision to put a car for sale with a very short or even no NCT. Adverts in particular is full of cheap cars with no test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

That 166 is just beautiful. Best colour for a 166. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    That 166 is just beautiful. Best colour for a 166. :cool:

Beautiful as you say but has it got a current NCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

jelutong wrote: »

Ad says it has anyway :)

Really nice looking 156 with a years test. €1700 is strong but I think it's probably worth 1500 if it's as nice as it looks in the photos.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-2-0-jts-170-bhp-new-nct-06-2017/12742566

ZDJlYWIyZTMwODk0OTA0NTNjMzJhYzI2ZjQ0ZWQ3NWFsUtj7dF_yoYjXDDbeiPFQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODQ5NjU2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Lexus LS430 with lots of test and claimed history. Bit rough around the edges asking €1600.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls-400-with-long-nct-in-excellent-condition/12791260

MTdjYjdjODhiMmQ1YzNhNjRkN2JlMTA5NjQwYzhkZjP7oNukoOMlqrpZQ6i_LwcRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc0NTQxNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

DC1 with test until December

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-integra-dc1/12790717

MjkwNzcyNDE5MGI2Mzc5ZTJmNDg2Yjc5MmViNjQ4Mjbd4UQBHuGCAHS3g9XIfHA4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc0MzA0Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

New test and €1350.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/look-05-subaru-legacy-estate-2-0l-4x4-new-nct/12790705

NjJhNGI0ZDY5ZTc0NzhlNzc1NzdlOTdlNTI5NzZlNWaRsYEHr1rAuIOXrFrfet8kaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc0Mjk2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Love these Galants and they're so cheap too!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/galant-new-nct/12484060?campaign=3

NzA2MTUxZDUxM2ZiOWE2YzFkMDEzOTc2ZTRkMjA0M2XziX19wVok5BZ0pRUAgMgvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzIxMzgzM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Another LS430.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-nct-03-17-taxed/12789971

MWI4NTIwYWU5YmY4MjRmNmIxY2ZmYmU5OWQ4NzRlN2ZNksKDe4SiY9IFUCB5L35caHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODczOTM3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wasn't that Galant here a couple of weeks back? He must have brought the price down.

jelutong wrote: »

No the 166 doesn't have a current NCT. It expired a year ago :mad:

Wonder what else the seller is lying about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Not sure they are lying about the test. The ad says it will be sold with a fresh NCT and that its booked in for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Why not wait until it passes the NCT before putting the car up for sale?

• Advertisement

He makes it pretty clear int he description:
    Car will be sold with a fresh Nct booked in for next week.

Granted, it does not have a current NCT and so probably should not be under consideration here, but I think the seller is being pretty clear that it is part of the deal.

That was for sale ( in cork I think) last year just out of NCT, so someone probably picked it up cheap and sorted its many issues.

Rackstar wrote: »
    Not sure they are lying about the test. The ad says it will be sold with a fresh NCT and that its booked in for next week.

I missed that, my apologies. It looks like I'm not the only one who missed that, given that the car was posted here and the post got many thanks, while it should not be in this thread at all.

The seller is disingenuous as he deliberately ticked that the car has a valid NCT resulting in the "NCT EXPIRY Aug 2017" in the top of the ad. In fact, he is lying. Like I said in my previous post.

An old Marea. NCT Feb-17 and cheap. Rear wing could do with a polish, but seems presentable. €650

OWMwMDA4MjAyOTI5ZDI5M2IyNjUzMmU1ODg1NDAwZTapDGGVXJ7dOuBuWYc9udq8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc1Nzg3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

This will give you an idea of what you are dealing with. The crucial thing to watch here is the timeline (in days) that the messages are sent over.

Yes Mr.Stranger, no problem at all, you give me a small deposit if you are happy and you can head on in the car and bring it back the next day :rolleyes:.

I try to take every enquiry as seriously as possible but jaysis some lads are hard work. Guarantee I wont hear from him ever again.

111.jpg
    222.jpg
    333.jpg
    Mod - phone number removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Never in my time selling cars have I ever heard of someone taking a car for anymore than an hour or two to have it looked at by a mechanic. Maybe it is just me, but there isn't a chance in the world that I'd let anyone, full asking price up front or not, take a car for 24 hours to be looked at by a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's the standard Huawei messaging app on my G7 :).

Yeah, total madness. I thought when he wanted a mechanic to look at it, it was somewhere I could either take it or go with him. Take it overnight, lol yeah, no worries. Use it to pull an ATM out of a wall somewhere and then drop it back to me.

Clearly not a serious player anyway considering it's taken us a week to exchange four sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

It's the standard Huawei messaging app on my G7 :).

Yeah, total madness. I thought when he wanted a mechanic to look at it, it was somewhere I could either take it or go with him. Take it overnight, lol yeah, no worries. Use it to pull an ATM out of a wall somewhere and then drop it back to me.

Clearly not a serious player anyway considering it's taken us a week to exchange four sentences.

I awlays brought tge mechanic with me or else made appointment with seller seprrately for mechanic. Anything else is just stupid I think. I never wanted to spend days looking at ine car. Buy it take a chance or F off. If you want cast iron guarantees buy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭akasudonim

Never in my time selling cars have I ever heard of someone taking a car for anymore than an hour or two to have it looked at by a mechanic. Maybe it is just me, but there isn't a chance in the world that I'd let anyone, full asking price up front or not, take a car for 24 hours to be looked at by a mechanic.

Sometimes happens... I bought a 12 reg E220 in Newry last Nov, private seller, took it to my mechanic in Kilkenny, leaving a rental with the seller overnight, then returned to Newry following day with the cash and second driver to take back the rental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

rizzee wrote: »
    Why?

Doesn't matter, its gone now anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement