Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You probably should have blocked out the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Really like this, in superb condition.

Saab 9-5 Vector Sport 2.0 Turbo. 2004. 132,000 miles. Tax September 2016, NCT February 2017. - €1,795.

Nice sunroof and cupholder. :)

4SpSMg3.jpg

WmlVb17.jpg

DoneDeal Link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Those cupholders are very exciting in fairness. It's right up there with the 9n Polo cup holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530i-manual-m-sport/12394155

OWY0MTBjMWIwYzIwMjU0MDlkMjQ3Y2I3OWQxYjJiZDWwhIXmUh7eXin2Z77lS5cJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Njc0ODk3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking 530i manual M Sport with NCT to April 2017 for €2k. Top of the budget but a cracking looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

In the last two years of buying alfas (theres been a good few), Ive never had an alfa looked over by a mechanic.
    In actual fact, the majority of the time I've had a deal done to buy the car before even viewing it :pac:

Anyway speaking of alfas, here is a nice 156 with beautiful tan interior.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-156-for-sale-nct-11-16/12772427

MjQwM2VlODRmZmNjYjcxM2NkZGVmYmQ5NzZlYmMwNDTYInivzIPEkC0A73JWqzdKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODY0OTMxOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Asking 300, you know you're getting it for 250. Bottom wishbone is clonking, but with test until november this is one you drive into the ground and probably don't bother taxing either :rolleyes:
    Recent belt change, fresh brakes and tyres and the 1.8 is the pick of the range for optimising power, handling and fuel.
    It is owned by a bit of an alfa nut as well, so you know during his ownership, the oil has been kept topped up:pac:

If it does eventually leave you stranded, 166man will give you 50 quid for the leather interior :p

• Advertisement

Hmm across the road from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I really want that. But its 4 hours away... and I need to look at another bag of sh*te in the morning....

Is it really a no hoper to be driven into the ground, or is it worth putting the work into it?

I really want that. But its 4 hours away... and I need to look at another bag of sh*te in the morning....

Is it really a no hoper to be driven into the ground, or is it worth putting the work into it?

Id put the work into it, because, well I'm crazy :o

However the spirit of bangernomics would be to run it into the ground and it is perfect for that

Id put the work into it, because, well I'm crazy :o

However the spirit of bangernomics would be to run it into the ground and it is perfect for that

Yeah, me too. I buy them with cold intentions of maxing value, and then end up treating them like lost puppies and minding them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Aren't Alfas notorious heaps of scrap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yeah, me too. I buy them with cold intentions of maxing value, and then end up treating them like lost puppies and minding them. :rolleyes:

I think we all suffer from a bit of that, the Irish "there's no point in selling that with new tyres, the, you know what you have syndrome" we're an odd bunch when it comes to cars.. I couldn't drive a car with a clanking wishbone it would drive me crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

To quote Basil Fawlty "Go away"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

True but if you drove one you would want to drive again.

Have to say great fun to be had a real petrol heads and drivers car.

Would I own one yes but would I have the money no....

Right, I'll feed you.
    Two and a half years ago, I bought an 18 year old gtv for 350 quid. Gearbox gone. Replaced that and did a few other things to it and since then I've put 38K miles on him. Not once has it left me stranded at the side of the road.
    In fact the only time that it failed to start is when I left the lights on overnight. Thankfully the poor girl I was going on a date with was understandable enough :p

Currently there is 180500 miles on the clock. At 175K miles in April I took him to the nurburgring. From there onto Germany and Prague. I've drove it hard in France and Brussels, took it on a sight seeing tour of Berlin in heavy traffic and thrashed it around some fantastic roads in the Alps between Salzburg and munich.
    He regularly gets up to 6000 rpm a number of times each day, sometimes 7000.
    Not bad for a 350 Euro 20 year old car

He has been anything but a notorious heap of scrap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Patww79 wrote: »
    The defensiveness over Alfas is :D
    In fairness you can't blame anyone for thinking they've the reputation. As a rule they always have been heaps of scrap.

I still want one tough.

As a previous but not current owner I can honestly say that the opinion about Alfas being troublesome is a very outdated one these days. Yeah 70s and 80s Alfas were a low point but then again wasn't everything! 00s Alfas were reliable enough (if maintained as advised) and later day 159s and the like will see off Japanese competition.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-2-5-luxury/12803407

ZGZkODJkYjRkMTA5NTY1NzM2MzQ1YTRjOGU4Y2RjOGSyK8zuZURqKTcWIpZPZYW7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODc5OTExMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This is an absolute bargain. Facelift 1 owner '05 S Type 2.5 w/ 90k miles & NCT 1/17 for €1750. Great cars.

A one owner low mileage Jag ends up going to auction and being sold as a trade sale.

And all because it cost €400 more to tax than a sh**ty A4 or mondeo. (or whatever rep-box)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Jag has had 2 owners. Looks like an Irish car, so at least there weren't any more owners in the UK before that :D

Trade sale "sold as seen" as 26000 Elephants said - tread carefully...

• Advertisement

A usual case of seller reading "1" on J.9 on the logbook (1 previous owner)

Nevertheless a smashing car. I personally would not be worried that it is a trade sale - no main dealer is going to retail something as old and no small time dealer will have much luck selling something with a "big" engine like it has, hence it ends up in auction and subsequently a trade sale....at a guess

My parents bought a 2005 80k mile 3.0 auto S Type with 14 months NCT for €2600 recently. They are cracking value for money at the minute, and great allrounders

As bad as it is to say, the manual box in them is fantastic! Great cruiser and I remember getting 30 plus mpg on the way back from Shannon in one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hey TFB, it was my managers last day in work today which meant he had to give back the company car, he was on a hunt for something fun instead of the Qashqai he's been carting around in for the last two years so I showed him your Celica this morning.
    Unfortunately he had just bought an E46 320d Msport on Saturday, for about twice the price of your own car, he was absolutely gutted I didn't show him sooner.

I'm so sorry to both of know. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-polo-1-4tdi-new-nct/12168765
    1.4 diesel Polo, looks clean enough for €1,100 asking, would probablyget it for €900 I reckon!

1999 Micra - 13 months NCT, 4 months tax - €500

Alas, probably uninsurable for its target market ( young drivers)

OGIwZDdmYmZkZjk0NWVhOTY5Y2QwNjcwMjNiNTA2YTYeSndwpTzu6e_LInlXpoMQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODgyMjA0Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Don't know where you live but here in Lucan, the K11 Micra is not typically driven by young drivers! Not by old drivers either and not by male drivers and not by drivers born in Ireland, or anywhere else in Europe :p

Good find all the same and probably the cheapest car to own (total cost of ownership) of them all. At that mileage (151k miles / 243k km), I'd be surprised if the timing chain wasn't rattling, but who knows, maybe it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CianRyan wrote: »
    Hey TFB, it was my managers last day in work today which meant he had to give back the company car, he was on a hunt for something fun instead of the Qashqai he's been carting around in for the last two years so I showed him your Celica this morning.
    Unfortunately he had just bought an E46 320d Msport on Saturday, for about twice the price of your own car, he was absolutely gutted I didn't show him sooner.

I'm so sorry to both of know. Haha

I both love you and hate you for this comment :pac:

Thanks anyway :)

Celica is still here, first genuine offer over €1k will take it.

Once sold a K11 with 200k on the clock, an absolute heap but this was before the whole insurance carry on going on at the minute and loads wanted them. Think I found 10+ Dominos garlic sauce things under the seats etc.

I do hope something is done with insurance. Its a shame to see loads of yokes being brought off the road.

Celica is still here, first genuine offer over €1k will take it.

A grand for your Celica :eek:

Now that's just ridiculous. If I hadn't 3 cars already, I'd be on my way to you now visiting a few ATMs on the way. Surely someone in here will pick up the best value bangernomics car of 2016?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement