Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Maxmelay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I used to own this car - it's in my previous sold ads on adverts. Sold it around 5 years ago. Was a great car, had a good service history up to when I sold it which was around 70,000 miles. Looks like it's done another 10k miles a year since then if the ad is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Over budget at €2500 but would get close enough with some hard haggling. Personally, I'd pay the extra. Only downside is that it's manual.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-volvo-s80-2-5t-pristine-condition/12999603

That's a really nice way to get around if you could get it for 2k or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

That's a really nice way to get around if you could get it for 2k or less.

Not that it is bad car - it's brilliant - but I love the contrast between the "showroom condition" and drivers seat leather, carpets and even the filth on the plastics...

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Not that it is bad car - it's brilliant - but I love the contrast between the "showroom condition" and drivers seat leather, carpets and even the filth on the plastics...

Yeah, cream interiors are not my thing for precisely that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Yeah, cream interiors are not my thing for precisely that reason.

Easier to see stuff in the car with lighter interiors - things like black sunglasses, black wallet.

// Insert Victor Meldrew quote //

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Just another thing to haggle over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Just another thing to haggle over.

Haggle a couple hundred off over that, then spend ~€80 on a good valet and it's all sorted, did exactly that on my last purchase and delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

NWE2YjQyZDc5OGI4Y2RlY2NmZjE0OTgyNDhkNWRjNzQuIQTuQIHMPQSKEh05NGjOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTgzNjM2MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-1-8-new-nct-3-5-17-taxed-9-16/13007292

1999 Honda Accord
    1.8 litre;
    132k miles;
    Tested 05/17 and less than 2 months tax on it.
    body may not be perfect but interior looks clean.
    Asking a reasonable €550

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

1999 Honda Accord
    1.8 litre;
    132k miles;
    Tested 05/17 and less than 2 months tax on it.
    body may not be perfect but interior looks clean.
    Asking a reasonable €550[/QUOTE]

honda make great cars... they dont make them like that any more... i wonder is there many 99 accords still left?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I remember clicking the option for the panoramic sunroof on the Stilo was a massive cost back in the day.
    I'd drive that no bother

bear1 wrote: »
    I remember clicking the option for the panoramic sunroof on the Stilo was a massive cost back in the day.
    I'd drive that no bother

Clicking "Stilo" incurred a massive cost alone... ;) I really can't understand what Fiat was doing with it. Fiat should be cheap yet chearful. They wanted to build a more solid car - like Stilo or Croma for instance - Lancia was perfect to do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Clicking "Stilo" incurred a massive cost alone... ;) I really can't understand what Fiat was doing with it. Fiat should be cheap yet chearful. They wanted to build a more solid car - like Stilo or Croma for instance - Lancia was perfect to do that.

Colour me... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

NTZk_Nm_Ey_Nj_Jj_ODkx_MDgy_NTYy_ZDlm_Mj_Q3_ODlh_Nzcx_Yjeyiir_Q.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-tax-01-17-nct-01-17/12816948
    2004 e12 corolla saloon
    clean enough one or two marks on the body but nothing major.
    Tax and test till the end of January 17
    Asking 1700
    Being sold by a small time dealer.
    Mentions timing belt but these are chain so that'd want confirming.
    The odd hubcap on the back would annoy me too but still it'd be a decent purchase that'd be depreciation proof for another year anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

NTZk_Nm_Ey_Nj_Jj_ODkx_MDgy_NTYy_ZDlm_Mj_Q3_ODlh_Nzcx_Yjeyiir_Q.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-tax-01-17-nct-01-17/12816948
    2004 e12 corolla saloon
    clean enough one or two marks on the body but nothing major.
    Tax and test till the end of January 17
    Asking 1700
    Being sold by a small time dealer.
    Mentions timing belt but these are chain so that'd want confirming.
    The odd hubcap on the back would annoy me too but still it'd be a decent purchase that'd be depreciation proof for another year anyways.

He is very clear timing belt was done
    Hope the tippex hasn't dried on engine cover

visual wrote: »

I hate this type of characters... Who in their mind buys from guys like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm amazed this hasn't popped up here:
    N2IwZWE1ZDIxMzY2NDMxYWFmNzA2NDJkMzVhY2ZjNmX_oz6_teo4mSf6Ccr9FA15aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTgzMDI0N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e320-tax-05-2017-nct-06-2017/13006049
    2003 E320 TAX 05/17, NCT 06/17 - €1995.

Car is effectively €500! Not sure why I'm posting it here as I'm considering picking it up to smoke around for a while.

Did ya ring him? If not it could be an honest mistake where he mentioned belt instead of chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Car is effectively €500! Not sure why I'm posting it here as I'm considering picking it up to smoke around for a while.[/quote]

Proper tax?

Proper tax?

Yep. Someone paid out €1809 in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep. Someone paid out €1809 in May.

And that alone is a very good marker that the car has been taken care of well during its life. By the one owner from new!

If I were you, I'd go for it, commited. I doubt you'd ever be sorry you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Did ya ring him? If not it could be an honest mistake where he mentioned belt instead of chain.

And quoted mileage it was done at. Now your speculating the timing chain was changed instead. Something I seriously doubt.

I'm going on information supplied in add and it already has a red flag.

But if he has garage receipt for chain then the red flag isn't valid.

And quoted mileage it was done at. Now your speculating the timing chain was changed instead. Something I seriously doubt.

I'm going on information supplied in add and it already has a red flag.

But if he has garage receipt for chain then the red flag isn't valid.

Jaysus man I'm not speculating anything shur I didn't know ya rang him :rolleyes: I merely stated he may have made an error you confirmed he did not. No need to get after me about it, I have a dislike for part time dealer/cowboys too but if you're after cheap stop gaps they have their merits as long as you're vigilant. I only posted the car because it fitted the bangernomis criteria, I also highlighted it's flaws.

Personally if I was after such a car I'd use all of the above to haggle down the price by a considerable margin. It's an 04 e12 corolla at the end of the day not a spaceship if it doesn't over heat, have chain rattle, flywheel rattle/clutch slip or suspension issues then it's hard go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

unkel wrote: »
    And that alone is a very good marker that the car has been taken care of well during its life. By the one owner from new!

How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Could have been company tax

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

cadaliac wrote: »
    Could have been company tax

Doubtful someone would pay the Benefit in Kind on this car by having it as a company car. 30% of Original Market Value assuming less than 30,000 kilometres driven per year. OMV for this car is approx €60,000, meaning you have to add a notional salary of €18,000 per annum :eek::eek::eek:

Nice car - great find.

It's a dealer selling it......... https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=476268
    Just saying, only seems to advertise on donedeal & adverts, no business name, no mention he's a dealer in the add. Quite likely a decent car but eyes wide open job imo. Adverts feedback is very good though.

• Advertisement

While I'm here some low priced bangers...

Puma with 7 months NCT... €550
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-puma-nct-03-2017-1-month-tax/12996680
    ZGNkODQ4NjBiYjJmZWZhNDQzMGEwZTQxYTBlNTEyNTO6ugcBNQyEiXmNm-Rby6yNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTc4NTU1Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€400 Mazda 323 also with 7 months NCT....
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-mazda-323-nct-march-2017/12984912
    NjM0MjUwZTYyNWQ4M2I3ZTc1MmYzZGZmYjRhMmY4Nzb0SKYUcgcnge8QuImllWGEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTg3NTUyN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€350 Swift that might be a bit rough in the flesh but has almost one year NCT..
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-swift-full-nct/12559852
    N2RkN2RmNGUzMjMyMjg4YjYzNDc3Zjg3N2QzY2IyNTZ3GijoFZuUBIzPua9iHdykaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181NzU4ODEzOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement