Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Presumably the seller got quite a few calls since the car was advertised as asking €1,050 now.

Aw hate people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Aw hate people like that.

I don't.

The seller noticed he undervalued the car - so increased the price. Nothing wrong... What would be disgraceful is if someone made an appointment and arrived to see the price has increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

grogi wrote: »
    I don't.

The seller noticed he undervalued the car - so increased the price. Nothing wrong... What would be disgraceful is if someone made an appointment and arrived to see the price has increased.

You research the market, price your car accordingly. You shouldn't up the price based on the interest received.

You research the market, price your car accordingly. You shouldn't up the price based on the interest received.

So it is OK to reduce the price based on the interest, but not increase... Relativity yeey!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

unkel wrote: »
    Only one way to find out. But you might be pleasantly suprised. Saab 9-5 petrol comes out very well in insurance ratings. I guess the typical owner is the complete opposite of a boy racer :)

For the craic, ring your insurer tomorrow morning and let us know what they said!

Suppose I've nothing to lose :p

If I get a chance at lunch time I'll give it a go ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I suppose my daily qualifies for Bangernomics. Diesel, half decent spec and loads of NCT left. Pics are awful and will be updated. Bit of wiggle room on price too.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/vectra/2005-opel-vectra/11077090

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct-passed/13044771

YjlkNjllMjI4OTI0NmZmYWY5YmJkZTBkYmFiMjQ4ZmR-qmV4GWyewKGD7RnfGqQwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDAyNzY4MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

12 months NCT, new tires and it looks okay from the one photo. Could get someone out of a bad spot for €250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

marko93 wrote: »
    Wonder what my insurance would jump from an 1.4 Corolla :o

Probably the same, depending on age.

I've a 2001 9-3, 185 bhp and Auto. It's a wee bit cheaper to insure than a 1.4 2005 Renault Modus and a more than a couple of hundred cheaper than an equivalent year Passat diesel. I'm in my 40's, points and accident free. Excellent running costs for them.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Probably the same, depending on age.

I've a 2001 9-3, 185 bhp and Auto. It's a wee bit cheaper to insure than a 1.4 2005 Renault Modus and a more than a couple of hundred cheaper than an equivalent year Passat diesel. I'm in my 40's, points and accident free. Excellent running costs for them.

I'm <25 so I'm not sure I'd get away with it. Didn't get to call at lunch, but AA are open till 6, so I'll give them a call then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Reg fail..

Rang AA about the Saab, was told I can't add a second car to my policy :( rang the OH, was told I can't swap my Corolla for a 9-5. A sad day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

bear1 wrote: »
    Reg fail..
    Yeah, she doesn't look like a tomwang either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bear1 wrote: »
    Reg fail..

Why do they block it out, on a car worth a monkey? Genuine question

cadaliac wrote: »
    Why do they block it out, on a car worth a monkey? Genuine question

To make a reg-cloning a bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

marko93 wrote: »
    rang the OH, was told I can't swap my Corolla for a 9-5. A sad day :P

You need to trade in more than your car here mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-kia-rio-nct-03-2017tax-06-20165-door/12787796

NDhmY2Q2N2IzYTUyOWU4NjI1ODFjZjNhOTBkZjM5ZGalKEbouqEU9Pxh4TnjDXSDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181OTY2MDU1MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A fairly unspectacular car but with NCT to 3/17 for €1150 it is very well priced. Impressive/risky miles..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

grogi wrote:
    To make a reg-cloning a bit harder.

In what way is it harder though?

If I want to clone a cars reg I don't need to look on DD, there's cars outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

marketty wrote: »

You wouldn't find it handier to do a model and year search on a sales forum? Seems easier than wandering about hoping to find one.

Patww79 wrote:

Patww79 wrote:

Patww79 wrote:

Patww79 wrote:

alastair wrote:
    You wouldn't find it handier to do a model and year search on a sales forum? Seems easier than wandering about hoping to find one.

Fair enough, still don't really get the point in blocking the reg on an ad though. As a buyer, I immediately skip those ads. I want to be able to do a hpi check

unkel wrote: »
    You need to trade in more than your car here mate :pac:

I'll sit her down this evening :P I'm sure more will come about and I'll snag one then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fair enough, still don't really get the point in blocking the reg on an ad though. As a buyer, I immediately skip those ads. I want to be able to do a hpi check

HPI check on a €500 car?

Jaysus.

Soarer wrote:
    HPI check on a €500 car?

Soarer wrote:
    Jaysus.

I didn't mean that car specifically!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anything in Bangernomics would be safe enough I'd imagine.

But it is hundred times easier just to search for silver Golf 2004-2006 on DD than to drive around town to find one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Presumably the seller got quite a few calls since the car was advertised as asking €1,050 now.

It's gone from D.D now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kintarō Hattori viewpost.gif
    MTRjYzhiZDYxZWQ1NjY2Yzc3NzVjMWU2ZjE3NWM5MTamNomWjBjxXpoU69GYmMfBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDAxMDU4NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...yaris/13041041

A cheap Yaris with a long NCT so worth looking at as a run around or first car: €700

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1995-honda-civic-eg4/13052146

cant see that hanging around if it's any way genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1995-honda-civic-eg4/13052146

cant see that hanging around if it's any way genuine.

Genuine question - what makes this good value?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement