Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

'05 Mercedes S-class S350

Original Irish car, NCT 01/17, asking just €1,650

YmE3N2RhZTMyMzQ4MDExMDFmZDkzMDMzNzZhYTliNjHL2W1N6AMKLQ_iokYHi3XiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTMwNDA5N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Quad pipes look ridiculous, but I suppose they can be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    It has no tax.

Everybody is selling their sh1tbox Santa Fe. Nobody is buying. Not worth €1,250, maybe about €500 if the seller is lucky.

I am just wondering: how many horse-miles it travelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

He takes a picture of the NCT disc with 1/17 on it and then puts "NCT 5/17" in the headline of the advert !

crazyjim wrote: »
    He takes a picture of the NCT disc with 1/17 on it and then puts "NCT 5/17" in the headline of the advert !

When did you forget the maths?

06-01-17 = (06-01)-17 = 05-17...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

grogi wrote: »
    When did you forget the maths?

06-01-17 = (06-01)-17 = 05-17...

I have no idea what this means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

It has no tax.

Everybody is selling their sh1tbox Santa Fe. Nobody is buying. Not worth €1,250, maybe about €500 if the seller is lucky.

It has a full tax of "deasuil" though :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

YmE3N2RhZTMyMzQ4MDExMDFmZDkzMDMzNzZhYTliNjHL2W1N6AMKLQ_iokYHi3XiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTMwNDA5N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

He describes it as 'late 05' with a reg number and NCT date suggesting an original reg date of Jan 05.

Aye. No doubt it's a January car. Probably a first week of January car for that matter. Low number and NCT date of 6/1. And I somehow doubt that the car has done minus 294 km in the last 4 months :p

Doesn't matter much at this price level though. It's extremely cheap for what it is, maybe I'm being cynical but I would expect a few things wrong with it...

He describes it as 'late 05' with a reg number and NCT date suggesting an original reg date of Jan 05.

6th of January I would guess...
    Aye. No doubt it's a January car. Probably a first week of January car for that matter. Low number and NCT date of 6/1. And I somehow doubt that the car has done minus 294 km in the last 4 months :p

It is past the event horizon, now it will just get younger and younger...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

True but not many cars have the customer base or demand for cheap 2nd hand parts that any vag from the mk4 platform tends to have which really was the only reason why I brought it up.

Anyways back to business with an interesting one here and possibly a first for bangernomics:
    Zj_Fk_Yz_Iz_YWFi_OTE4_Ym_Nk_Yj_U0_ZDE1_MGQy_Zj_Ez_Yjkw_Ym_VUquu_E.jpg

Mjgw_ZGQw_ZGRm_OGQ2_ZDdi_MWY0_Ym_Y0_Y2_I0_MGMz_NDA4_Mm_YZGf_ZZ.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-2006-new-nct/13166943

2006 2.4 v6 A6 auto
    Test till july17 it says new but perhaps the last year of a 2 year test?
    Body looks clean; possibly a small mark on rear bumper drivers side and maybe a mark on the sill passenger side can't see clearly enough though.
    Well spec'd car that people would think cost a lot more
    Asking €2350 but says open to offers (2k should bring it)
    Transferred to a new owner very recently so this could be used for bargaining along with mileage/dear tax and the other issues I've pointed out.
    Its a car a man would really want to go over very thoroughly but it could potentially be a fine years motoring for a lot less than many would suspect.

Try this one, donedeal 13231822

Genuine one owner, only 100000km. Selling as trade in was derisory and new car has been bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Try this one, donedeal 13231822

Genuine one owner, only 100000km. Selling as trade in was derisory and new car has been bought.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-2004/13231822
    €1000 over budget though?

ODM5_MDM3_MTVh_Ym_E3_N2_Qy_ODFh_Mj_Aw_ODgy_NGEz_ODE0_Nj_F4_Ta8_B.jpg

N2_Q2_Zj_M3_YTI0_YWUy_MTBj_ODEx_ZGM3_Zm_Nm_OWFm_Yz_Bm_Njbxr_Ky9.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-clk-240/13242289

2003 clk240 fairly reliable n/a v6 engine
    Test till the end of march 17
    supposedly a full service history,
    Looks to be a clean car all round a side from a minor mark or two, needs different wheels though.
    Private dealer selling it;
    Asking €2000

I like the CLK but it's a 2.6l so tax is €1300

Seller will have to accept a lot less than €2k to shift it imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I like the CLK but it's a 2.6l so tax is €1300

Seller will have to accept a lot less than €2k to shift it imho...

less than 2k yes but a lot less? I wouldn't be so sure. There isn't many gen2 clk's for sale with test for less and most of the others are clk200 kompressors which have more reliability issues and supposedly aren't as rewarding to drive or suited to the car as the v6 lump. You won't find many with a supposed service history either within budget.
    The tax issue could be brought up for many cars in this thread.
    Edit didn't see he had engine size down as 2.3 I'm too used to assuming anything down as a 240 will be marked as a 2.6

Aye, nice car and I was surprised myself by the Merc dealer stamp from last year. Also a 1 owner car (well, 1 owner here, it looks like a UK car)

Someone will buy it for sure, but there are very few people in the market for a car like that. If I was, I'd wait a few weeks and then offer him €1200 (with a poker face and showing him the actual cash :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

less than 2k yes but a lot less? I wouldn't be so sure. There isn't many gen2 clk's for sale with test for less and most of the others are clk200 kompressors which have more reliability issues and supposedly aren't as rewarding to drive or suited to the car as the v6 lump. You won't find many with a supposed service history either within budget.
    The tax issue could be brought up for many cars in this thread.
    Edit didn't see he had engine size down as 2.3 I'm too used to assuming anything down as a 240 will be marked as a 2.6

To be fair the difference in tax between 2.6 (170 bhp) and clk 200 (163 bhp) is astronomical ( €636 vs €1294).

Now it would be nice to have a v6, but performance wise you pay a lot of money for very little.

I agree with Unkel that it will be very hard to sell, no matter how nice it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Barr wrote: »

Does it actually just have forward and reverse on the gear stick?:D:D

mothoin wrote: »

And N :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I have no idea what this means.

A joke.... A very rare beast around these parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Very interesting way to secure a battery - a piece of timber and a ratchet strap. :D

396207.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I hear that aixam puts out 300WHP with a remap :pac:

I hear that aixam puts out 300WHP with a remap :pac:

New model is equipped with 0.4 engine with 5 bhp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

mothoin wrote: »

Put it H ....

A French car with Japanese 2 cylinder engine ...... what could possibly go wrong :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A French car with Japanese 2 cylinder engine ...... what could possibly go wrong :eek::D

Dunno what you mean...elegant, sophisticated French styling coupled with reliable, hard-as-nails Japanese running gear. The perfect combination :D

Its the Alfa Arna done right...

The scary thing is it seats 5 , yet doesn’t need an NCT !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The scary thing is it seats 5 , yet doesn’t need an NCT !!

So it's a thread winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Depends on who the 5 people are!

I wouldn't fancy going uphill in it with 5 adults inside , probably run out of steam before the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't fancy going uphill in it with 5 adults inside , probably run out of steam before the top.

I have visions of it rolling down the road heading up to the Dublin mountains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement