Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

wonski wrote: »
    He said his insurance quote would be 1k which is not too bad.

For some of us (old enough and never crashed) insurance is no longer an issue:D;)

I think you may be in for a little shock at your next renewal. I suppose it would depend if you consider a rise of a couple of hundred a big thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt/13189112

N2UzZWU3MzVlMmEzMzYwZjQ2YTMxYTBkMzZjZTY4ZjArItdoVbhKm62e7PGTNwOpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDc5OTg5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A car thief's dream! NCT to 1/17 for €300 and it looks pretty straight. Nice bit of recent work done too

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e220-auto/13210870

NTg3ZDRiMDJjYjkyNTJjYjVkZTczZGJlMjgwODlkYTUiHw1jn6qRBthAGGyFfW_7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDkyMzgxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about the brash red on this one, but nevertheless a tidy looking old thing with NCT to 1/17 for €1k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/e220-auto-tiny-mls-nct-11-2017-lovely-example/13270627

MjYyYmRmZDE1NmMwZDljYjc2N2NkNjJhMWVkOWEzNTnpoao2dKO7u38p-Eyz2gIVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTIzMTg1MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A nice looking coupe with no less than 14 months test (11/17) for €2k. Guaranteed classic policy. Bit of tax and everything too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

MDgxZjYxYzliMjA3YjIwYmQzY2NiNmJiOGYwODI3MzfE3-f2RgO8D5S-HhHtzZ96aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDczNTczMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-cabriolet-vector-bargain/13107522

Tax'd till end of the month
    Nct'd till 03/17
    Leather
    Handsfree kit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

€370 gets you a 1.6 petrol Volvo,NCT until May and 3 weeks tax left on her.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v40-40-series-taxed-tested/13349065

YWIzZTliMDAwYTVmOGIxZjczNGM0ZmFmNGNmODEyY2SQazAl6khdbNyyjkl6RHaQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY0Mzg5MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

zerks wrote: »
    €370 gets you a 1.6 petrol Volvo,NCT until May and 3 weeks tax left on her.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v40-40-series-taxed-tested/13349065

YWIzZTliMDAwYTVmOGIxZjczNGM0ZmFmNGNmODEyY2SQazAl6khdbNyyjkl6RHaQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY0Mzg5MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Amazing find, from a dealer with a decent website which I would count as a plus.

http://www.johnculhanecarsales.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/audi-80-92-1-9-tdi-new-nct-today/13348719

OTQ2NzFlZmMxNjYwYzRjZWIzOTc2ZjgyNjE2MjUyMTSXjmE32e5w9Xuem2RPXBcdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY0MjE1NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The old cliche "bulletproof" springs to mind. TDI 80 with NCT to 8/17 for €950. I'd chance a classic policy and all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/audi-80-92-1-9-tdi-new-nct-today/13348719

OTQ2NzFlZmMxNjYwYzRjZWIzOTc2ZjgyNjE2MjUyMTSXjmE32e5w9Xuem2RPXBcdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY0MjE1NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The old cliche "bulletproof" springs to mind. TDI 80 with NCT to 8/17 for €950. I'd chance a classic policy and all

I had a 92 2.0 petrol one of those as my first car back in 2000.
    It got some abuse and only ever needed shocks and bushes. Like new then again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

zerks wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned about the trickle flowing out from under the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned about the trickle flowing out from under the car?

It might have been shot by a sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

He just washed it or there's a dog on the far side.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-turbo-295bhpmapped-bye-andy-forrest/13349039

N2QzYjk1NGE5MzQ4ZmIxMjIxY2ExYjBmNjYyZWJiY2PEr0A3k1HZcZ_OPkPFpgtVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY1MDc3NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Obviously not quite living up to traditional bangernomics ideology - but I think this is perhaps one of the highest BHP figures we've had on here. NCT to 3/17 for €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There has to be a serious catch at that price.

If the ad is genuine some will buy that to break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Needs new brakes all around, which will bump it far out of bangernomics territory. Also good luck trying to insure that. Apart from that nice find :cool:

Insurance wise, that's an original Irish car by the look of it?

Deserves classic status in fairness :)

Deserves classic status in fairness :)

Let us know once you've managed to insure it as a classic ;)

unkel wrote: »

Oh I dont think there's a hope in hell of getting it. But I do believe there should be.

In the nicest possible way, if you could I sure a TT on a classic policy, the scooby is the same age, also turbo, also 4WD, there was probably less produced overall and it's biggest stumbling block is that it's from a non European manufacturer.

There has to be a serious catch at that price.

If the ad is genuine some will buy that to break it.

Seller is a member of ISDC and does be at Cars and Coffee...I've been told

• Advertisement

it's biggest stumbling block is that it's from a non European manufacturer.

Nope. Its biggest stumbling block is the typical owner. Who on average has a lot of / or expensive claims. That's why the insurers don't want to insure it.

Nope. Its biggest stumbling block is the typical owner. Who on average has a lot of / or expensive claims. That's why the insurers don't want to insure it.

That's a fair point but I don't think the Impreza was ever the most popular Jap car for the younger generation, they were always a little bit more cult imo, they'd be outnumbered 10 to 1 by Evos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Surely autoline up north would take it on a classic policy as it sits right now? I love that Impreza, great find dukey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gussieg

Nice house , be a bugger for the central heating costs. Maybe selling the car will offset this .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gussieg

Course if they were broke, they could always make a few Bob at writing , what a long ad!

That's a fair point but I don't think the Impreza was ever the most popular Jap car for the younger generation, they were always a little bit more cult imo, they'd be outnumbered 10 to 1 by Evos etc.

I'd have thought the opposite! From memory, I reckon back in the 90s a lot more of these fast Imprezas were sold here new than Evos. Dunno though, maybe someone can dig up some stats from somewhere? And I have no idea how many of either were imported from UK / Japan...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

How do you know that car isn't insurable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Always thought Scoobs outnumbered Evo's back in the day - even imported ones - and they have definitely outlasted them quality wise. Lancers were very soft.

Insurance companies have destroyed more of them than ditches. I'm 45 with 3 yr NCB^ and that scoob would be an extra 800 over my Stilo(s) God help a 20 something looking to cover it.

* no accident, just lived abroad for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Always thought Scoobs outnumbered Evo's back in the day - even imported ones - and they have definitely outlasted them quality wise. Lancers were very soft.

Insurance companies have destroyed more of them than ditches. I'm 45 with 3 yr NCB^ and that scoob would be an extra 800 over my Stilo(s) God help a 20 something looking to cover it.

* no accident, just lived abroad for years.

Rust buckets too. Im not sure if all of them are the same but my impreza came with full factory undersealing that gave it great protection against rust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Needs new brakes all around, which will bump it far out of bangernomics territory. Also good luck trying to insure that. Apart from that nice find :cool:

Well I just did a quick check on MicksGarage there.

Discs and pads front and back, a set of shoes, and a litre of Castrol brake fluid comes in at the princely sum of €130.52, including free delivery.

Now if you're competent with spanners, or if you have a buddy that is, I reckon you'd have the whole lot done for a few hundred quid. Hardly bumping it far out of territory.

She's a lovely looking car to be fair. And if the brakes are the only issue with her, she's a beaut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement