Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If it's as good as it looks it'll sell itself.
    Not many yaris' as clean on DD at that sorta money its a credit to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

marko93 wrote: »
    Hey lads just a little plug for a little Yaris.

If you've any advice/feedback it'd be greatly appreciated.

Tax is till 10/2016
    NCT is till 02/2017

100191 miles.

NTJlOWFmNGJjYTI3NDc5OTQzYWM5NWMwOGI3NzJkZWE-tpLSGmxD8_jJ1BgzUjYcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTgyMzgxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2000/13380601

Hi take out cracked mirror get a cheap replacement in motor factors.
    Take 10 photos and honestly take them outside on a bright day and not a car park always looks dodgy imo.

Take out all about contact just be brief.

Add any extra or service etc. Does it have cd player?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

If it's as good as it looks it'll sell itself.
    Not many yaris' as clean on DD at that sorta money its a credit to ya

Pictures may skew the paint work on the car a good bit, but I won't lie to anyone who asks about it. It's 16 years old and you can tell when you see it!

Thank you for the feedback! :D
    Hi take out cracked mirror get a cheap replacement in motor factors.
    Take 10 photos and honestly take them outside on a bright day and not a car park always looks dodgy imo.

Take out all about contact just be brief.

Add any extra or service etc. Does it have cd player?

The mirror will have to wait till the weekend, by the time I'm home from work, most places are closed.

Same as pictures, dark by the time I get in, so that's why they're in the car park :p

I'll update to include CD Player, but the only service it has is one done by myself some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gussieg

marko93 wrote: »
    Pictures may skew the paint work on the car a good bit, but I won't lie to anyone who asks about it. It's 16 years old and you can tell when you see it!

Thank you for the feedback! :D

The mirror will have to wait till the weekend, by the time I'm home from work, most places are closed.

Same as pictures, dark by the time I get in, so that's why they're in the car park :p

Ah the Tesco car park, well I remember it. Motor factors in the main st will have or get that mirror for you, or the one in kilcock is sometimes cheaper.

Look in good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Ah the Tesco car park, well I remember it. Motor factors in the main st will have or get that mirror for you, or the one in kilcock is sometimes cheaper.

Look in good though.

Oh they're usually open by the time I get home or at least there's someone in their yard. I'll ask tonight, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-156/12620352?campaign=3

2003 Alfa 156 - looks pretty clean, 12 months test, less than 100k miles - €1100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

5CGkOb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

ZTU5_Ym_Uy_Mz_Fk_ZDc2_M2_Fl_MWQ4_ODli_Yzc0_OTgz_ZDQ3_Mjno59c_B.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c2/13225033
    Citroen c2 1.6 gt
    Test till march17
    It has all the hallmarks of a car that's lived a colourful life; pod air filter complete with cable tie, debadged grill on the front etc.
    Nevertheless if it has had the work done that's reported in the add it could be a solid enough investment.
    All in all it'd be a fun little car that could well be insurable since its 04 and not jap.
    Asking €900 but up long enough for a good haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I like that car. Very cute. I drive a bangernomics saab, and I am about as far from a boy racer as you can get, yet I want to debadge my car because something about badges looks tacky (apart from the actual saab shield logo).

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c2/13225033
    Citroen c2 1.6 gt
    Test till march17
    It has all the hallmarks of a car that's lived a colourful life; pod air filter complete with cable tie, debadged grill on the front etc.
    Nevertheless if it has had the work done that's reported in the add it could be a solid enough investment.
    All in all it'd be a fun little car that could well be insurable since its 04 and not jap.
    Asking €900 but up long enough for a good haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Audi Quattro TT Coupe - €1900

ODg1MTFlZTY0ZTc0ZWVkMDlkOTNlOWIwMjY3YzdmY2bIR6pnU-OL1HnXj1Ayb8UXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY1MjIxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-audi-tt-quattro-nct-8-17-1900/13350454

Long NCT. Very Clean looking car - only issue might be getting insurance for it as its > 15 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

ODg1MTFlZTY0ZTc0ZWVkMDlkOTNlOWIwMjY3YzdmY2bIR6pnU-OL1HnXj1Ayb8UXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTY1MjIxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Long NCT. Very Clean looking car - only issue might be getting insurance for it as its > 15 year old.

Hated those cars when they first came out but over the years they have grown on me that I would consider buying one. I think that might sell at 1500 or 1600 at that pice it be a fun motor with no depreciation and if luckily go thought nct following year with little spend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TT aged really well.

Looks much younger than 99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

wonski wrote: »
    TT aged really well.

Looks much younger than 99.

It's one of those moments models that looks better now than when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

if cosmetics don't matter to you too much, prob get it for 500 or less

nct to march 17 and some bit of tax.

OTA1ZTI4MjRhYjYyZThiMmEwMGZmYzIwZGQxMDYxMGXlIQBEUEfUt9NqlzjhqgeFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTk0NDczOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-e12/13403783#xtor=EPR-4-[searchAlert]-20160917-[viewMatchingAd]-809878@1

MmQ4OTA5NjdiNTIxZWVlNmU5MDI0MjIxZTk2ZWJkNGO3pXUPuQ8ynLoNw8mGTayuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTk3NzA1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2005 Mitsubishi Grandis with new NCT €1450

Thankfully, am gone past the stage now of needing a 7 seater, but if you're in the market for one, this has brand new NCT yesterday and looks fairly decent.

As with any "family vehicle", it could probably do with a bit of a valet :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-grandis-new-nct-today/13410004

MTBkZTcwYjVlMjU3NDQ3OWM5NTg0ZmQ4ZmExMjBiYmGeJwMPFxKAguEnPcjIPtbCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTU2MTUxNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2000 E39 (520 with 2 litre engine and not the 2.2)
    NCT until May 2017 and 5 or 6 weeks tax
    For €425 you couldn't go too far wrong

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-bmw-520-nct-5-17-taxed-10-16/13333416

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice TT. No sign of the belt done, so that needs doing straight away. €400 from an independent garage.

No pictures from the dash unfortunately. Most of the cars have problems with dead pixels at this stage, which is expensive to repair. Maybe this car doesn't or it has already been fixed. I'd ring the owner before I'd go out to see the car. Unless of course you don't care about dead pixels :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

unkel wrote: »
    Nice TT. No sign of the belt done, so that needs doing straight away. €400 from an independent garage.

No pictures from the dash unfortunately. Most of the cars have problems with dead pixels at this stage, which is expensive to repair. Maybe this car doesn't or it has already been fixed. I'd ring the owner before I'd go out to see the car. Unless of course you don't care about dead pixels :p

Any luck selling yours?
    I'm guessing you have a good dash pod and belt and water pump done from your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You guessed right. Timing belt + water pump done last year (one of the main reasons I bought it) and perfect full pixel dashboard.

Mine's not sold yet. Which is quite surprising. I'm not under pressure to sell mine, but that said, the car is off the road, and I have my eye on another car, so it needs to go. And that's why I dropped my asking price by quite a lot, and even further for anyone in the know reading this thread!

When did you drop it?
    Had it in my saved ads on Donedeal and noticed it maybe 2 days ago, but thought it was same price although I see it's dropped now alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Just wanted to comment on something, from a page or so back, and I'm not associated with bill Griffen motors, but they seem to be well up for a trade in no matter what. I actually think that is a very endering trait in a dealer, when so many refuse to even look at cars over 10 years old.

They had no problem taking our xsara, but we ended up taking another option.

More power to them, they seems to have the right attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Just wanted to comment on something, from a page or so back, and I'm not associated with bill Griffen motors, but they seem to be well up for a trade in no matter what. I actually think that is a very endering trait in a dealer, when so many refuse to even look at cars over 10 years old.

They had no problem taking our xsara, but we ended up taking another option.

More power to them, they seems to have the right attitude.

Its a massive tool in gaining sales. We have a dealer local too who grabs sales left right and centre because he will trade in everything. At the end of the day, he is giving zero for some of them but is amazing the amount of people who will deal when they hear they are getting 1500 for the old car that they couldn't shift on donedeal.
    That said, I've seen him do 3.5k better deal than dealer on a new tucson trading in a very high mile 2011 mondeo so?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-a8-3-7-v8-quattro-nct/13152257

OTU5ZWVmMDIyMDgxNTQzYjgzOWE5N2ZjMDhkMGM5NmYD_iIrY5JpmBdIKWZQ3M0ZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDYwMzExM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This is getting shockingly cheap...NCT to 10/17 confirmed by NCT site, Michelin tyres etc etc for €1299

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-murano-3-5-5dr-auto-nct-05-2017-new-tyres-/13420873

YTliYTI0ZmIxMjIwOWE3Zjc4OWI3MDI5MjcyMDM5MDQvJRrLJ-YyG34rKvQBa6c7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjAzMjk5M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Its no looker, but NCT'd to 5/17, claimed 68k miles and new tyres and leather, sat nav etc for €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ The stupid pics though...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Esel wrote: »
    ^ The stupid pics though...

It's a bit strange having a picture of themselves in the ad imo.

Very!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's a bit strange having a picture of themselves in the ad imo.

Look at us! We are honest family :D So honest that we cannot take decent pictures...

I'm not saying that they are not...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Between that Audi and Murano , you are getting some amount of metal for the money.

I really like the look of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I hope someone here saves this car. Really really cheap and I guess just on the edge of going too far to be saved (at least easily). Tested until February and looks standard enough. Don't worry about the crunch into 3rd, the gearboxes in these cars can be like that. Mine was crunchy into 2nd and 4th but once you learn how to drive it properly you'll never crunch it.

Please someone buy it to save me from having to :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-levin/13182791

NjA3ZmY0ZWZiMmZmN2Q4NGVjMTcxYTE0NGFlNmI0OTbMM2mdrioc57qyeKaRXKNiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDc2ODE2Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement