Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I dont mean to sound like a dreamer, but it has potential. A lot of soot on the rear bumper above the exhaust.

It'd look great beside my Glanza. If it were in Wicklow and 50% cheaper, i'd have it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-alfa-romeo/13418402

Mzc1ZmRjYzA3MjY2MjI1ZTNhNjI4NzcxNTE1ZWM2NjepStczaMyxRVe4iOoMuQZ0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjAyMTQyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking facelift 147 with cream leather and NCT to 3/17 for €900 here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-red-toyota-yaris-t-sport/13422796

YmMyZjU5YmU3ZGNjOGI2NTViZjVmZDZjY2FmMmQ5MGUERKTMXq9NBuZ0KK04LQvTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA0MjEwOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Rubbish photos, but potentially worth checking out. Yaris T Sport with NCT to 5/17 €1200

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That A8 is incredible. From a dealer too, that implies a warranty of sorts

For a moment I thought it was the FWD 3.7 that had been posted here and / or in the luxobarge thread, but this car is obviously a different one.
    Mad_Mike wrote: »
    When did you drop it?
    Had it in my saved ads on Donedeal and noticed it maybe 2 days ago, but thought it was same price although I see it's dropped now alright

Only about a day before posting here last night, Mike :)

unkel wrote: »
    That A8 is incredible. From a dealer too, that implies a warranty of sorts

For a moment I thought it was the FWD 3.7 that had been posted here and / or in the luxobarge thread, but this car is obviously a different one.

It has definitely been posted a few times over various threads in the past (I posted it in the luxobarge thread when it was iirc €2200)

I'd love to know why it hasn't sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The €5 a day road tax isn't helping it.

But I know that isn't entirely the point.

Cabrionomics - best time of the year to buy topless :cool:

BMW 320i

Super smooth straight six engine, NCT 06/17, asking €1,500

ZWM3MGIxZmEyNzYzZWJlZDlmMmU5YWI1ZGVkYmQ3YTlG2tzsiyZa4DessU5zWnEyaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDg2MDI0NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

MX-5

Instant classic reviving the whole segment when it was launched in the late 80s. NCT 03/17 asking €1,750

YmEzODFlZjMyOWFiMTViMTVlNDY5ZjJkZTU4OWIyYjN92IgSU2Mvg0z3_d9v80BLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTk4ODIwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Z3

NCT 03/17, asking €1,800

OGY2NmVhMWMyZDkxNmFmNTFmZjMxYTRkN2E3MGVlZTBNCHdTs8T2JNNNvvXqG0bGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Nzk3Mjg3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

SLK

NCT 05/17, asking €1,650. Only tested a few weeks ago. Rarely see one of these in what seems to be decent nick for this kinda money. Not a drivers car, but a deserved classic in its own right imho. First car with a folding metal roof. Bargain!

MjE3MjU1ZWQ1MmQ3YTk1MTg3N2I3MDZhNDZlZGRjNWX3tl740jJEM5DUYOOe0jAEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDk4MTI0OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

It has definitely been posted a few times over various threads in the past (I posted it in the luxobarge thread when it was iirc €2200)

You did indeed, at the start of July. Engine light was on. NCT was until October of this year. Now it has a brand new NCT. Surely worth €1,299, no matter what reason the engine light is on for?

You did indeed, at the start of July. Engine light was on. NCT was until October of this year. Now it has a brand new NCT. Surely worth €1,299, no matter what reason the engine light is on for?

Yeah and I distinctly remember a photo in the ad of the on board trip computer displaying 9 mpg :D

Might show it to my Dad in the morning, he;s enjoying his bangernomics(ish) S type, but I know he likes these old model A8s a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭bilbot79

A taxi driver once showed me an implement in the boot of his car that could turn off the engine light for the duration of the nct. Dodge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Cabrionomics - best time of the year to buy topless :cool:

Z3

NCT 03/17, asking €1,800

OGY2NmVhMWMyZDkxNmFmNTFmZjMxYTRkN2E3MGVlZTBNCHdTs8T2JNNNvvXqG0bGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Nzk3Mjg3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

I actually spotted this the other night, made up the post, hit submit reply and my internet dropped, so went to bed! Looks very fresh and well priced compared to others also :D:D

bilbot79 wrote: »
    A taxi driver once showed me an implement in the boot of his car that could turn off the engine light for the duration of the nct. Dodge.

That taxi driver is a gobsh1te. A car doesn't fail the NCT because of an engine light...

bilbot79 wrote: »

KNfWp6s.jpg

Duct tape?
    Tasty bit of work here :eek:

I actually spotted this the other night, made up the post, hit submit reply and my internet dropped, so went to bed! Looks very fresh and well priced compared to others also :D:D

Aye, several Z3s in / around budget at the moment. Have contemplated buying one in the past, and with hindsight I should have bought one instead of my TT. The rear wheel drive is more my thing :o

My next sporty number is likely to be a bit outside of bangernomics. BMW Z4 and Porsche Boxster are firmly on the short list...

My next sporty number is likely to be a bit outside of bangernomics. BMW Z4 and Porsche Boxster are firmly on the short list...

Patience! Already down in the 4k bracket.......tick tock............

Haha, I'll sell it on to you Mike for bangernomics money in about 5 years time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

just on the 2 toyota's above the yaris if legit is a great find they're a super little car.

The 20v bzr levin would need to be thoroughly checked by a prospective buyer. Get a good one and you truly have one of the best handling fwd cars of the 90's right up there with the ek9 civic type r and the dc2 integra type r, but get a bad one and its a different story. (Good ones now generally cost a lot more than €1200)
    20v 4age's need regular servicing with good grade oil if not they suffer and rebuilds are awkward and dear compared to some other engines.

ZWNkNjg3Yjg4MTNiMGE5M2E3NzJmODkzMzRmYTkyMzh1MzzXMpukcEjycOZbsfoZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA1MDMxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Pics are not the best, but for a 2001 E46 with a bit of tax and NCT until Feb 17, this looks good for under €700
    Whether the miles and km's are mixed up, I'm not sure, but still not high mileage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-b-m-w-316-i-se-executive-nct-and-tax/13424638

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Some sexy cabriolet selection there unkel ! I would drive each of them myself too. .. Only one thing you got wrong lol.
    The merc slk was not the first electric folding metal roof car,

Honda CRX del-sol transtop says hello ..
    School boy error!

ZGU1NmE2ZmJkYjE3ODM0MTEzMzFmYzZhZmEzMzUyNGP7zltJBxtINFEgrwx5OrQwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA0Mzk2N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

And how is this for a tad over a grand!!
    2006 with NCT until next May and more leather than you can shake a stick at!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95-2-0-turbo-vector/13423212

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Only one thing you got wrong lol.

School boy error!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

ZWNkNjg3Yjg4MTNiMGE5M2E3NzJmODkzMzRmYTkyMzh1MzzXMpukcEjycOZbsfoZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA1MDMxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Pics are not the best, but for a 2001 E46 with a bit of tax and NCT until Feb 17, this looks good for under €700
    Whether the miles and km's are mixed up, I'm not sure, but still not high mileage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-b-m-w-316-i-se-executive-nct-and-tax/13424638

Jesus, Mike could do with brushin' up on de spellins'!
    How did he get the indicators to stay on for the photos.
    Looks like a decent value car all the same.

emeldc wrote: »
    Jesus, Mike could do with brushin' up on de spellins'!
    How did he get the indicators to stay on for the photos.
    Looks like a decent value car all the same.

Perfect timing with his camera! Haha

Reminds me of the old joke....."Are my indicators working?........Yep.....No......Yep...No......." :P

davycc wrote: »
    Some sexy cabriolet selection there unkel ! I would drive each of them myself too. .. Only one thing you got wrong lol.

School boy error!

del slo is not a convertible, dude ;)

ZWE4M2ZkMjg4Mzk1NGM5YWYxZTJlZDIyZGYzZjlhYzC1EEAsLbXRS_LP-68M6g3OaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTI2NDk4NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2005 MG ZR 105
    Advert reads like it's been very well minded. Basically a one owner car since it was 3 months old and only 73,000 kms!
    NCT to March next year.
    Has just had head gasket done, timing belt, water pump, exhaust back box, 4 new tyres, the list goes on

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zr-105-only-73000kms/13276959

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

That SLK looks nice. The wheels are very off putting somehow though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Aye, several Z3s in / around budget at the moment. Have contemplated buying one in the past, and with hindsight I should have bought one instead of my TT. The rear wheel drive is more my thing :o

Been trying to get a Z3 back on the road over the last few months (after 6+ years off the road), just failed it's NCT after rear light went on way to test. - pretty easy to work on and as it's a 97 it becomes eligible for classic insurance in a few months.

Bought an SLK whilst waiting (and ended up selling the Z3 to a mate). BMW more of a driving car but the SLK is a nice place to be on a summers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd be very tempted to look at that Levin if it was a bit closer.
    I've a bit of money that'll burn a hole in my pocket but I'm not arsed going all the way to Limerick for what's potentially a rough yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-alfa-romeo/13418402

Mzc1ZmRjYzA3MjY2MjI1ZTNhNjI4NzcxNTE1ZWM2NjepStczaMyxRVe4iOoMuQZ0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjAyMTQyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking facelift 147 with cream leather and NCT to 3/17 for €900 here.

Im almost 100% sure that this was up for sale this time last year. When i called it had just heen sold. Would be worth a check on ownership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement