Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    ZWNkNjg3Yjg4MTNiMGE5M2E3NzJmODkzMzRmYTkyMzh1MzzXMpukcEjycOZbsfoZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA1MDMxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Pics are not the best, but for a 2001 E46 with a bit of tax and NCT until Feb 17, this looks good for under €700
    Whether the miles and km's are mixed up, I'm not sure, but still not high mileage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-b-m-w-316-i-se-executive-nct-and-tax/13424638

Only 473 tax too...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

emeldc wrote: »
    Jesus, Mike could do with brushin' up on de spellins'!
    How did he get the indicators to stay on for the photos.
    Looks like a decent value car all the same.

On the e46 -

seller has been discussed on here before. (perhaps things have improved over the years)
    Even more than normal with everything in this category eyes open!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

emeldc wrote: »
    [...]
    How did he get the indicators to stay on for the photos.
    [...]

My guess is he set a camera to continuous shooting and eventually got a photo of 'em. Or maybe it's a frame extracted from a movie.

Anyway, as we're speaking 'bout the beemer, that's likely one of the extremely rare moments those indicators were on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Nz_Iz_NThi_MGEx_Zj_Fi_Mz_Uw_MTFi_Mz_Bi_N2_Ex_NWE2_MTgw_Mz_Com_CHz.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/13382522
    BMW 318CI 2003 *NEW NCT 05/17* €1000!

Very nice looking facelift e46 coupe.
    Decent test
    Exceptionally clean looking body.
    Supposedly a low owner car with full service history.
    Asking €1000

Few things to note, claims timing belt was done but these are chain, number plates blanked out etc. and add just gives the feeling a lot of it was a copy and paste job.
    Car could well be too good to be true however if in the market for one it'd be worth a look all the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

joujoujou wrote: »
    My guess is he set a camera to continuous shooting and eventually got a photo of 'em. Or maybe it's a frame extracted from a movie.

Anyway, as we're speaking 'bout the beemer, that's likely one of the extremely rare moments those indicators were on. ;)

It is quite common to see beemers with indicators on - they are only for when the car is parked on the pavement on double yellows - it tells everyone they will be back in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Nz_Iz_NThi_MGEx_Zj_Fi_Mz_Uw_MTFi_Mz_Bi_N2_Ex_NWE2_MTgw_Mz_Com_CHz.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/13382522
    BMW 318CI 2003 *NEW NCT 05/17* €1000!

Very nice looking facelift e46 coupe.
    Decent test
    Exceptionally clean looking body.
    Supposedly a low owner car with full service history.
    Asking €1000

Few things to note, claims timing belt was done but these are chain, number plates blanked out etc. and add just gives the feeling a lot of it was a copy and paste job.
    Car could well be too good to be true however if in the market for one it'd be worth a look all the same.

The sellers name wouldn't fill you with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

jharr100 wrote: »
    Only 473 tax too...
    That's what he typed into Donedeal but it's 673 according to motortax.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-mazda-rx8-exclusive-1-8l/13427839

MDlmNGM4NDJhY2E5YTljNTVhZmQwNGJjZjU4MmVhYzMaTfeUeKrh49LaLusA2HUWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA2NjkyMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Anyone brave enough!? NCT'd to 4/17, €1750 and it looks quite reasonable inside and out

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-bmw-320-ci-coupe/13302572

NWUzMGI3YzYyYzIwYzJhZDA5MjI4Y2YwNjE3NTkxZmGntdlyg7LT8SoUmyzmx0plaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTM5NDY3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

And if you decide you aren't brave enough, from the same seller is this 2005 facelift 6 pot E46 coupe with NCT to 6/17 for €1950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anyone brave enough!? NCT'd to 4/17, €1750 and it looks quite reasonable inside and out

Worth €1,000 with a fooked engine, €2,500 with a newly rebuilt engine

So the asking price of €1,750 is just about ballpark if you're a gambling man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Looks clean but at best only 10 days test left on it though so wouldn't qualify as for the thread in my eyes.

Seller says it will goo through the test easy but I wouldn't be taking his word for that...rather the NCT testers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Seller says it will goo through the test easy but I wouldn't be taking his word for that...rather the NCT testers...

Exactly, if it goes through the test so easy, why not put it through them selves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

ZWNkNjg3Yjg4MTNiMGE5M2E3NzJmODkzMzRmYTkyMzh1MzzXMpukcEjycOZbsfoZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjA1MDMxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Pics are not the best, but for a 2001 E46 with a bit of tax and NCT until Feb 17, this looks good for under €700
    Whether the miles and km's are mixed up, I'm not sure, but still not high mileage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-b-m-w-316-i-se-executive-nct-and-tax/13424638

I am looking for something like this at the moment. Is this seller known on here, I dont want to go near if he has a bad rep!

tony1980 wrote: »
    I am looking for something like this at the moment. Is this seller known on here, I dont want to go near if he has a bad rep!

To be honest from what I understand of Mike he is more of a character than a chancer :p

To quote quadrifoglio verde on his visit to his yard :P
    Claimed to Ded Zebra, 166man and I that he was a qualified barrister but was a natural born wheeler and dealer :p

Is this seller known on here

I doubt it. It seems to be a small time dealer of low end cars. Called "Prestige Autos" - at least he has ambition :p

It's very cheap for what it is and because the seller is a dealer, it implies the car comes with a warranty. If you're unsure about cars yourself, maybe bring a mechanic / mechanically minded friend when you go see the car?

Edit - ha! I wouldn't have thought anybody here knew him, but Ireland is a small country :)

One of the lads posted this also

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-316i-se-nct-2-17/13180547

Same money more or less but a couple of years newer

Needs a new wing though. That would put me right off. No need for the hassle when you can pick up another car like it for similar money that needs nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Wouldn't touch a 316i in an e46 with a stick, same size engine in so many other models with a good bit more power and no heavier on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-alfa-romeo/13418402

Mzc1ZmRjYzA3MjY2MjI1ZTNhNjI4NzcxNTE1ZWM2NjepStczaMyxRVe4iOoMuQZ0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjAyMTQyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking facelift 147 with cream leather and NCT to 3/17 for €900 here.

I sold that car as an ex demo 10 years ago!!!!

1.6 Lusso, beautiful spec and colour combo when polished up.

Think it was about €24,000 at the time.

• Advertisement

It's a mugs game buying brand new cars that will be worth almost nothing 10 years later. I'm very glad that a lot of people in Ireland like to play this game though :p

Ironically, I drove brand new cars for years and my last brand new car was an Alfa 156 in 1999. Had another 156 after that, a 147, a 166, GTV and 146 boxer, all for small money and had the best crack ever compared to all the boring new stuff I had driven before (mainly Jap cars, Toyotas, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc)

unkel wrote: »
    Needs a new wing though. That would put me right off. No need for the hassle when you can pick up another car like it for similar money that needs nothing...

Half asleep tonight
    Never looked through the ad pictures OR read the description! :o

Ironically, I drove brand new cars for years and my last brand new car was an Alfa 156 in 1999. Had another 156 after that, a 147, a 166, GTV and 146 boxer, all for small money and had the best crack ever compared to all the boring new stuff I had driven before (mainly Jap cars, Toyotas, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc)

Bit like yourself Mike. I owned nearly new Japanese cars in the 90s as people around me told me that was the only way to go. Thankfully at some point somehow I must have seen the light and I traded in my Nissan Primera for a V8 petrol BMW 5-series. Massive upgrade that only set me back £4k. I was shivering because the car had done a huge 78k miles and all the family and pub experts told me German cars would be totally unreliable. Why should I not have stuck with Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Honda? Turned out to be the best money I've ever spent and I'll never buy a Japanese sh1tbox again, I swear :D

Snap! Think it was the "era" we went through
    Anybody NOT buying Japanese stuff was only asking for trouble! Hahaha
    I had 3 E39's myself and in fact I think it was the V8 you had, way back when I collected an old pc from you many moons ago!

My V8 5-series was an E34 :)

Only had one E39 myself, and a bog standard 2l manual at that. Nothing to be laughed at though. Only 150BHP and on paper the 9.9s 0-100km/h time doesn't look great. But that's on paper. The car will not win many traffic light races, but the chassis of the E39 was brilliant. Probably the most dynamic big saloon ever made. Drive it hard and keep the revs high and it's a brilliant car to drive.

Its funny how these epiphanys come around, Unkel :D My mother has been driving since the early 90s; a Corolla, a Civic, Corolla and a Mazda 3 in that time, automatic a-to-b motors that she'd do about 5 to 10k miles p/a in going to the shops and mass etc weekly. My Dad then for work would have some corporate barge thingy every few years which was the family car.

But here they are this year; Dad retired, all of us grown up and moved (moving!) out and all of that fun stuff, so he goes and chops in the two cars for a '05 S Type 3.0 for the two of them :D With my Dad retired they were looking at one car for the two of them anyway, and in January they were looking at Renault Fluences and the likes. With the money saved they've gotten a trip to NY this Christmas, and a cruise next year.

Bangernomics FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    My V8 5-series was an E34 :)

Only had one E39 myself, and a bog standard 2l manual at that. Nothing to be laughed at though. Only 150BHP and on paper the 9.9s 0-100km/h time doesn't look great. But that's on paper. The car will not win many traffic light races, but the chassis of the E39 was brilliant. Probably the most dynamic big saloon ever made. Drive it hard and keep the revs high and it's a brilliant car to drive.

Agreed. I like E39 much more than E6x....

• Advertisement

Great story, I remember when you posted here he bought the S-type :)

Did your dad just decide that for himself or did you do a lot of pushing / hinting?

I always have a lot of respect for an elderly gentleman in an elderly higher end car :cool:
    grogi wrote: »
    Agreed. I like E39 much more than E6x....

I've an E60 6 pot petrol as the main family car now. Can't fault it, still modern looking car, excellent for travelling in long distance for the 5 of us. Refined, and you can do a high average speed without anyone noticing it or complaining about it :p

Not anywhere near the drivers car that the E39 was though. In fact my E38 735i Sport was more of a drivers car really...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement