Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hal1 wrote: »
    Just one thing in the ad that bugs me is it passed it's test on the 14/9/16. So only 4 months test :confused:.

tested 8 months late?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It must have been parked up for a while, or owner just didn't bother with testing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://touch.adverts.ie/car/toyota/celica/2002-toyota-celica-vvtli/11419994

Only nctd til Dec 2017 a sexy white Celica vvtli reduced to 895 surely bangernomics doesn't get much better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

davycc wrote: »
    http://touch.adverts.ie/car/toyota/celica/2002-toyota-celica-vvtli/11419994

Only nctd til Dec 2017 a sexy white Celica vvtli reduced to 895 surely bangernomics doesn't get much better than that!

What colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Must be some layer of filth. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What colour?

Off white.

way off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 oxnexon

That's serious value for a vvtli

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

What colour?

A sexy urine grey ! Damn great value for money. Ps I need glasses FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Apparently if you've heard of Boards.ie (whatever that is:pac:) this guy might give you a discount ;)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-clk320-avantgarde-cabriolet/13544115

OTI4YTcyY2ZlMzBmMTk4ZjMwMTlkZTMyMGEzMjM1MmOlW6IVjttRhPzLbAr30i23aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjcyODQ4NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ok. It's only a 518i with 115bhp, but it is a classy E34, which is rare and if the ad checks out it's a bargain IMO. Check the brand of tyres on it and you'll get a good idea if its genuine or not.

NCT 05/17, €1250

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e34-518i/12804242

MDk2ZjEwN2I3NmFiNTNhYjUwMjFlNWZiYjRlYTk1ODOH9NnRKTZcfokPTfsjlmpGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODgwMzA3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Red Kev wrote:
    Ok. It's only a 518i with 115bhp, but it is a classy E34, which is rare and if the ad checks out it's a bargain IMO. Check the brand of tyres on it and you'll get a good idea if its genuine or not.

Red Kev wrote:
    NCT 05/17, €1250

The few dings in the body and the wimpy engine let that car down, but at that price and with that amount of work done, I would. And considering he's open to negotiation and the ad has been up for 70 days I definitely would!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

The M43 engine is gutless in a barge this size. I had one in my E36 Vert and it was weak and thirsty. Well looked after motor otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/price-drop-alfa-gt-diesel-with-nct-amp-tax-until-201/13431222

NTUyNDM1MDIyYjIwODM2MGViNjQyNTdlNDMwMGJkNDaF8tQ3scjAQdIHb6AczOyjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182Mjc3MzI4Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The ad has a certain personal air to it, which I always like to see/read, and it truly is NCT'd to 12/17 and taxed to 3/17 for €1950. I do however think that "merc" with a brand new Donedeal account, "selling for a pal" is a bit of a fib :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

The ad has a certain personal air to it, which I always like to see/read
    Runs for nothing on diesel

I'd ask for that one in writing if I were you . . .;)
    Either he's cracked the world energy crisis, or he's robbing someone else's diesel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Taxed till next March too.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/price-drop-alfa-gt-diesel-with-nct-amp-tax-until-201/13431222

NTUyNDM1MDIyYjIwODM2MGViNjQyNTdlNDMwMGJkNDaF8tQ3scjAQdIHb6AczOyjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182Mjc3MzI4Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The ad has a certain personal air to it, which I always like to see/read, and it truly is NCT'd to 12/17 and taxed to 3/17 for €1950. I do however think that "merc" with a brand new Donedeal account, "selling for a pal" is a bit of a fib :P

HonestJohn has a lot of NOT GOOD stuff to say about these engines:
    1.9 diesels can be delightful to drive, but give a lot of problems:
      Failed inlet manifold swirl flaps (and the flaps can beak and be ingested by the engine).
      Failed EGRs.
      Choked DPFs.
      Failed timing belts, often because the waterpump seized.
      Belt, tensioner, pulleys and waterpump need replacing every 40,000 miles.
      Failed oil pumps.
      Failed dual mass flywheels.
      Failed turbos.
    OUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Failed inlet manifold swirl flaps (and the flaps can beak and be ingested by the engine).
      Failed EGRs.
      Choked DPFs.
      Failed timing belts, often because the waterpump seized.
      Belt, tensioner, pulleys and waterpump need replacing every 40,000 miles.
      Failed oil pumps.
      Failed dual mass flywheels.
      Failed turbos.
    OUCH!

But other than that it should be ok? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Failed inlet manifold swirl flaps (and the flaps can beak and be ingested by the engine).
    • Failed EGRs.
    • Choked DPFs.
    • Failed timing belts, often because the waterpump seized.
    • Belt, tensioner, pulleys and waterpump need replacing every 40,000 miles.
    • Failed oil pumps.
    • Failed dual mass flywheels.
    • Failed turbos.
    OUCH!

To be fair a lot of those problems are linked to any car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

MTUx_Ym_Qz_MGM0_ZGIy_MTk0_MWE2_Ym_Uz_Mj_Yw_N2_U4_MTRk_N2_SF3_A48.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-1988-opel-corsa-new-nct/13438862

1988 corsa 1.0
    Tax till March 17
    Test till September 17
    Depreciation proof
    Pretty frugal on petrol
    Simple to repair
    Classic insurance
    Asking €1450

The owner should be commended for keeping an 18 year old car as clean as the day he bought it in 1988.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

bear1 wrote: »
    The owner should be commended for keeping an 18 year old car as clean as the day he bought it in 1988.

And he should be commended for the following 10 too..

That's right, we're all getting old :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Cheensbo wrote: »

Omg .. 28 years !
    Shur we were all buying Opels when Big Jacks' army were ripping it up in Euro 88

Cheensbo wrote: »

fail...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

1988 corsa 1.0 Tax till March 17 Test till September 17 Depreciation proof Pretty frugal on petrol Simple to repair Classic insurance Asking €1450

I'm in love

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭blackbox

The owner should be commended for keeping an 28 year old car as clean as the day he bought it in 1988.

They were so undesirable he probably never drove it. I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

4 speed manual choke what a sh1tbox. I wouldn't mind if someone kept something special but a corsa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Alot of things I'd say about them corsas and frugal on petrol was not one of them. They were a thirsty little feker. If it was a 3 door it would be a nice little car.

And it has the highley sought after center console and analogue clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/citro-eumln-xm/13415827

YTA5MjE0YzEwM2FkZjI0MzA5NWM4OTc5MzkwYjM4Njg3FhDK98R5V1VE-r46QBeEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjAwOTgzOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Its not exactly cheap but posting bc its cool. Petrol, auto, leather, NCT to 2/17 €1895

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

To be fair a lot of those problems are linked to any car.

Agreed, any vehicle manufacture can have issues but the Italian and French euro trash variety lead the pack. Fiat is trying to push their little POS 500 here in the US, not working out well for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Agreed, any vehicle manufacture can have issues but the Italian and French euro trash variety lead the pack. Fiat is trying to push their little POS 500 here in the US, not working out well for them

The Fiat 500 is a good car, with few issues, and proven Panda underpinnings. They're selling loads in San Francisco, if what I saw in June is anything to go by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement