Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Body and paint work looks spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Sh1t the insurance situation is a total pain.
    At least auto line are quoting you on an import..
    What is the reg number and ill ring them tomorrow and see how much they quote me...
    I'm 36 and have a boring daily driver too and I would love to give it a good home if you can't get sorted...

Since I sold my last Mr2 I have had nothing but bad luck car wise.
    It's madness. I was sure I was into Classicnomics.

I think classic is the only route, i've tried a few companies for a regular policy and just been point blanc refused, Jap, "old" etc and in fairness to Autoline the didn't bat an eyelid at it being Jap etc.

I'd want a disc in the window, I could never relax if using third party extension alone.

Will give it one last roll of the dice tomorrow but i'm not optimistic. Just want shut of it if I cant insure it. I have enough garden ornaments. I was looking forward to enjoying it. The Civic is a grand daily for my commute but it's no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

TFB try First Ireland Insurance, I've been on the look out for a mk1 TT and one came up recently that looked straight and clean. Had to get an idea of the insurance costs so called them up they quoted me around €250 for the year with a mileage limit of 5,000. I'm under 30, albeit not by much but I do have another car as my daily.

They told me due to the type of car, the amount of annual mileage and the use of another car for daily commutes I would qualify for classic insurance.

Worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Mother of god, Imagine it was a turbo :rolleyes:

Good luck keeping it facing the right direction either way, they're a fecking handful! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why is it that Mondeos age so quickly? That said, you'd probably bring that home for €900. A lot of car for the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

unkel wrote: »
    Why is it that Mondeos age so quickly? That said, you'd probably bring that home for €900. A lot of car for the money!

I think its just more to do with when they came out. The mk3 came out in 2001 ran for 6/7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There's a good chance I supplied that Mondeo new - not many of the 1.8SCi models around. Was told it was never going to arrive due to production issues with the engine, then it just turned up.

Either that, or it's an ex. boardsies car - ninty9er had one that I think was that colour, but wasn't the one I supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Because they were bought by people who put in high mileage, Gardaí, cabbies, companies for their reps etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Love them Mondeo as the handling is above many others in same category.

Still think they look good too.

They ran as said above a long time and the cops still have plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Say what you will about Ford there cars (European ones anyway) always handle very well out of the box. Fiesta/Focus/Ka all are better driver cars than there class equivalent.

Very true have had them all and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Say what you will about Ford there cars (European ones anyway) always handle very well out of the box. Fiesta/Focus/Ka all are better driver cars than there class equivalent.
    Generally very comfortable too. Still never bought one though.

SmoothStraight6PetrolBMWE60nomics :p

Oh yes they have arrived in force now. Not just the odd dodgy one with issues and a short NCT. All these should be had for €2k cash. Believe me, they are a lot of modern car for the money. Not the drivers cars previous 5-series were but a refined way of moving your family around at high average speeds

The last one has LPG, so best of both worlds. The refinement of a straight 6 petrol with the frugality of a 4 cylinder diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

#5 drooling here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

SmoothStraight6PetrolBMWE60nomics :p

Oh yes they have arrived in force now. Not just the odd dodgy one with issues and a short NCT. All these should be had for €2k cash. Believe me, they are a lot of modern car for the money. Not the drivers cars previous 5-series were but a refined way of moving your family around at high average speeds

The last one has LPG, so best of both worlds. The refinement of a straight 6 petrol with the frugality of a 4 cylinder diesel

Has to space those links out and fatten them up to be able to click them on the phone! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Esel wrote: »
    Has to space those links out and fatten them up to be able to click them on the phone! :)

;)

f430bbf657ed5bc69340c3a20394467a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

I went to see it yesterday, after only few meters of driving I knew its the one. Great value for money, only few bits to do.
    Just before I did check 06 Avensis for 995€, the difference was just to big to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-s-class-mercedes-nct-now-until-1-18-black/13500042

MWE0ZTEwMDZiNWUyMzUzYjRjNTgwMThhY2FkNzY5NTQy-cJYmdvjq4OFAc32ZKzRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjQ3OTQ2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

'04 S350 tested early until 1/18 here for €1950. Average miles, claimed working air suspension etc. Looks in great nice and the interior looks mint. If I walked past something like this in the street, straight away I'd be thinking thats a €4k car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That mercedes is turning me on.
    It also seems to be the lwb version and are those massage seats at the back?
    Cooled and heated seats and all.
    I'd gladly pay the tax to waft around in that.
    Bloody tempted.

Go for it!

Duke - on the continent that would be a €10k car or not a million miles off it...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Go for it!

Duke - on the continent that would be a €10k car or not a million miles off it...

There is 2 S350's for sale in The Netherlands and you are not far off

Nearly 400k km on the first one. He must have shares in Shell :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

3 years ago I came really close to buying s320 petrol.
    Same spec as that but 02.
    Heated and cooled seats front and back.
    Massage seats front and back and it was a long Base.
    Radar, xenon, curtain that would raise at the rear and a fridge.
    Was asking I think 8k.
    Unreal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

yoshiktk wrote: »
    I went to see it yesterday, after only few meters of driving I knew its the one. Great value for money, only few bits to do.
    Just before I did check 06 Avensis for 995€, the difference was just to big to describe it.

Fair play, they are a great car, just make sure if your getting it serviced that mondeos are quite specific when it comes to spark plugs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nearly 400k km on the first one. He must have shares in Shell :p

Half the country is driving company provided lease cars, fuel card included. Never been in that situation myself but it was something like 20% of the new price and on that you paid kind of income tax. Other than that no motoring costs
    Friend of mine had lease cars for years. Went from a peugeot 406. golf to a golf cabrio, bmw 530d, Audi A6 2,5tdi, Mercedes e320 cdi to a Toyota Yaris.
    Last one he bought when he quit working and had to start paying for cars himself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Here in Switzerland all those e60s would be nearing 8k. Apart from the fact that cars here are very expensive, because theres so many large engined cars here, the demand is still high for 6pots etc so prices stay high.

The e46 325ci Msport i bought in Cork for 3500e 3 years ago would cost about 9k here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Here in Switzerland all those e60s would be nearing 8k. Apart from the fact that cars here are very expensive, because theres so many large engined cars here, the demand is still high for 6pots etc so prices stay high.

The e46 325ci Msport i bought in Cork for 3500e 3 years ago would cost about 9k here.

How much would tax and insurance set you back for a vehicle like that in Switzerland though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement